Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevTheRed

Part of me thinks that Frenkie doesn’t love Barcelona as much as is being out in the press.. that it’s kind of a bluff to get his owed wages.

But then again I have refreshed this thread about 600 times today and have come up with every single conspiracy theory out there as to why we haven’t signed him yet.

TheReligion

Abusive
Listen I know this is a long shot but given the way De Jong is being treated here do we think there’s any point in the Caf clubbing together and contacting Dom Littlewood and Matt Allwright?

I appreciate Anne Robinson isn’t involved in Watchdog anymore but the show still has some sway and usually gets good results.

Ultimately they need to pay him what he’s owed and Laporta needs bringing to account. It makes perfect sense to get the BBC involved from where I’m sitting.

McTerminator

When you leave your employment, does your employer continue to pay your wages because you've entered into a "legally binding contract"? Would said contract still be valid if you've signed a new contract with a different employer?

An employment contract is a different thing altogether.
It really isn’t.

An employment contract is a contract first and foremost.

The contract on a basic level is money for services, but with the added employee employer protections.

your employer does not continue to pay after your employment ends because you cease to provide the services.

in this case we are talking about money owed for services already provided. If your employer fails to pay you a months wages and then you leave, they don’t suddenly get to avoid paying those wages to you. Don’t be daft.

There is an awful lot of misinformation on here about this topic from comments like yours that purport a level of knowledge and understanding that just isn’t there.

EtH

Not true as most of the journalists that get information from the club have said FDJ is open to move. Romano gets his information from agents. Hence his version is different from Ducker or Laurie.
Why would we be confident about anything coming from our side ? It’s all down to Frenkie. Could be that we are trying to pounce on an obviously toxic situation but the player doesn’t want to leave or doesn’t want to come to Manchester specifically. That’s exactly what it looks and sounds like anyway. I also find it really odd that no one else is in for him if he is indeed so open to leaving.

WPMUFC

@Berbaclass comes in here and enjoys themselves, meanwhile those that seemingly have "the vapours" and need to pearl clutch based on any random fecking update are telling them how to act. Jesus Christ. :lol: :houllier:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Why would we be confident about anything coming from our side ? It’s all down to Frenkie. Could be that we are trying to pounce on an obviously toxic situation but the player doesn’t want to leave or doesn’t want to come to Manchester specifically. That’s exactly what it looks and sounds like anyway. I also find it really odd that no one else is in for him if he is indeed so open to leaving.
You're in the mud here pal.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
They can’t force him to take a pay cut. How many times must the same things be repeated in this thread.
No they can't legally force him you're correct but they can make life hard for him if he doesn't, ultimately leading him to leave anyway.

They've said many times if he wants to stay they'll have to renegotiate his salary, that much is a given. He's more than welcome to refuse to to and stay on his current terms, but you can be damn sure they'll look for a way to get him out

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I'm not totally sure he is cut out for the league though. I wonder if he has the legs and lungs ready to go to play consistently in such a high tempo league. If I look at VDB as an example, I find it hard to hype this kid up too knowing what we know now. It's not always that easy to adapt to a new league, granted I only watched Barcelona about three times last season but in neither of those games he put in the effort needed for our midfield. We don't need a passenger type who may be prone to sulking or down tools, we need someone who is strong enough all around to hold the midfield down. Maybe he is.

Nicolarra90

El Mercurio hasn't confirmed Vidal's transfer yet.:(
I didn't know you got that far. :lol:

El mercurio miente. That's a catchphrase used in the left political propaganda, since the owner of the newspaper is right sided in politics.

EtH

:lol:

So you're just going to believe everything negative and nothing positive. Fair enough.
Being that they’re actually straight from the horse’s mouth yes. I know that sounds illogical to you. Bless your heart.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
:lol:

So you're just going to believe everything negative and nothing positive. Fair enough.
Such is the way. People will choose to believe what they want to believe. They'll believe what fits their own narrative better, so If they're convinced that it's not going to happen, they'll believe all negative stuff but disregard positive stuff or pay little attention to it

EtH

Anyone who thinks Barca will let him rot in the reserves while paying him 400k euros a week is living in cuckoo land.
The mental gymnastics of the muppets. No logic. No basis in reality. They will come up with anything to believe it’s still on seemingly. :lol:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Because those journalists will report what is the conversation between FDJ and United. No way United would negotiate for a player who privately also tells us that he wont move incase deal is agreed. We cant force a player to sign for us so no way we are negotiating for FDJ if we haven’t had discussion with him.

It can still collapse but i think you are being negative just for sake of being one. This isnt some rumour coming from less trusted source. Infact our CEO is on camera saying we are negotiating for him. Just because it is not meeting the some fans timeline doesn’t mean we should abadon it now

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The mental gymnastics of the muppets. No logic. No basis in reality. They will come up with anything to believe it’s still on seemingly. :lol:
Yet you'll believe and come up with anything to believe it's off, whilst having absolutely no idea whether it is or not, because, well, you know as much as we do.

pratyush_utd

Anyone who thinks Barca will let him rot in the reserves while paying him 400k euros a week is living in cuckoo land.
Only issue is Barca want shinny new toys which it cant register without offloading him. This is Barca we are talking about. It doesn’t want to pay the wage it owes, threatening a player that he wont start if he doesn’t move isnt that far fetched.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Laporta is a clown. So no.
So de Jong speaks the truth to the media and it can't be questioned, but Laporta lies though his teeth and is a clown so shouldn't be believed?

You really can't judge anyone when what you're saying is completely contradictory

pratyush_utd

Xavi is trying to be nice here. Considering they are splashing cash on Raphinha and Lewa, its both sporting and economical decision. He is just being modest about this if this is true

Status
Not open for further replies.