Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukinho

An austrian Sport website is reporting that the decision has been made about De Jong. They are qouting AS from Spain.
Apparently he is staying and cutting his wages in half.

red thru&thru

Good to see the votes are positive and outweighing the negatives.

We really need to back our manager on this one.

croadyman

Gary is right but this should be up to Frenkie’s agent - he should have his clients best interests. Imagine Riola putting up with this sort of nonsense?
Mino would have already turned over all the tables in that Barca boardroom

Tweek

In the bin with the fax machine. He's coming snail mail now. Two deliveries out, apparently. It's happening!
Hermes are involved... so sometime between 10am and 6pm. In August. Can't be any more specific.

You just know we'll be out when they call...

dubplate warrior

Good to see the votes are positive and outweighing the negatives.

We really need to back our manager on this one.
All for backing the manager but its worth having an alternative lined up if it doesn't work out. It seems at the moment we are willing to wait to the very end of the window, which could potentially be a disaster given the style of play we will be trying to execute. I think we will give and receive some batterings this season, mainly due to being caught out on the counter. That would happen a lot less with an effective screen and no Maguire. IMO at least.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Sancho also wanted to come back to England, personally feel like we should of had other options so we could start the season ready. Fully behind the new manager, just would like a holding midfielder, was almost certain we would have bought one this season.
Maybe he’s taking the approach that klopp took… couldn’t get van djik so waited a year to finally get him. If a manager is desperate for that one person then they might think it’s worth waiting a year to get him. Obviously we want and need someone in that position for this season to help us try and get top 4. If we can get a cheaper alternative just to help us out and then go back in for de Jong next season that would be the best option. De Jong will probably want to join us more if we’re in the champions league.

croadyman

Needs to get CAS involved because worked a treat for City in getting them into Champions League

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Neto is leaving Barca. New position is opening for Frenkie. :drool: :drool:
Paycut and backup gk. Who would turn down that? It is over sadly

Chief123

The pace this thread is moving at with only speculative reports here and there is scary. It will reach 2000 pages easily for a player who we probably won't even sign. :lol:
Wait until we get to flight tracking stage. The servers won’t be able to handle the heat.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I honestly really can’t believe the results of this poll so far..

I mean it’s literally just a matter of time before he’s ours considering how everything is panning out..

How do you guys see him staying at Barca when he’s being played at CB while the preferred starters can settle in to their roles in midfield?? Should be highly embarrassing for him on top of all the embarrassments the club have made him face all summer..
Let’s also not forget what Barca/Xavi have continuously been mentioning about economic and financial needs/demands whereby his departure is basically a must??

This also leaves me confused about how some posters think this is embarrassing for our club? If anything our club is taking advantage of an embarrassment rather than vice versa..

And neither do you walk away from a free run at such a pivotal player when you have the funds and zero competition. For me option 1 and 3 are basically the same cuz ETH would’ve pulled the plug already if it wasn’t going to happen..

The only option anyone should be voting for is he’s ours, (and it’s literally) just a matter of time :rolleyes: I’m genuinely really curious to hear how posters came to the alternative conclusions….?

On a side note: if I was Frenkie, I’d not only leave as soon as my deferred salary is paid but then have some strong words to say about Barca and their behaviour during this whole fiasco as well.. they’ve painted him as a mercenary to the fans of his favourite club when all he did was try to help them out during the pandemic and he needs to set some things right just for his own self-respect because Barca won’t hesitate to destroy that

TheReligion

Abusive

I mean it’s literally just a matter of time before he’s ours considering how everything is panning out..

How do you guys see him staying at Barca when he’s being played at CB while the preferred starters can settle in to their roles in midfield?? Should be highly embarrassing for him on top of all the embarrassments the club have made him face all summer..
Let’s also not forget what Barca/Xavi have continuously been mentioning about economic and financial needs/demands whereby his departure is basically a must??

This also leaves me confused about how some posters think this is embarrassing for our club? If anything our club is taking advantage of an embarrassment rather than vice versa..

And neither do you walk away from a free run at such a pivotal player when you have the funds and zero competition. For me option 1 and 3 are basically the same cuz ETH would’ve pulled the plug already if it wasn’t going to happen..

The only option anyone should be voting for is he’s ours, (and it’s literally) just a matter of time :rolleyes: I’m genuinely really curious to hear how posters came to the alternative conclusions….?

On a side note: if I was Frenkie, I’d not only leave as soon as my deferred salary is paid but then have some strong words to say about Barca and their behaviour during this whole fiasco as well.. they’ve painted him as a mercenary to the fans of his favourite club when all he did was try to help them out during the pandemic and he needs to set some things right just for his own self-respect because Barca won’t hesitate to destroy that
Very good post mate!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
frenkie de jong? more like frankly too long, amirite?

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I would consider walking away but that's only because I value preseason and the effect it can have on a player/ team when a player arrives late.

Hes obviously a very good/great midfielder but I would worry about his ability to settle in/ get up to speed if he was a deadline day signing.

It puts an enormous amount of pressure on the player , especially on the back of a prolonged transfer saga as well as disrupting some of the squad harmony that's been built up over preseason.

If you are willing to sacrifice a champions league place again (because without midfield reinforcement I don't see how you will get it) in order to sign him next transfer window then that's all good but I think many fans / pundits will be critical of this pursuit (putting all your eggs in this basket) if it doesn't pan out.

Rob Bowman

Thank you!

House Mkhitaryan

...they’ve painted him as a mercenary to the fans of his favourite club when all he did was try to help them out during the pandemic...
It's a great point. He sacrificed for them during COVID and they have spent the last 2 months trashing him while trying to take advantage of the help he gave them. All the while spending more on incoming transfers than any club in the world! Incredibly shitey behavior for a club of their status.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Very good post mate!
Cheers mate.. I just don’t get it honestly.. all the muppets who’ve been following this saga all summer and been reading the hints correctly already know what the most likely outcome will be.. quite simple really

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Thank you!
Cheers mate
It's a great point. He sacrificed for them during COVID and they have spent the last 2 months trashing him while trying to take advantage of the help he gave them. All the while spending more on incoming transfers than any club in the world! Incredibly shitey behavior for a club of their status.
Amen. I’m actually totally with what G Neville said and he should even take legal action against the club.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ah, a The Thick of It fan.
Hopefully Frenkie will have a few words to say to Laporta and Xavi on the way out.

"You know, I've spent the last three years detoxifying this club. It's been a bit like renovating an old, old house. Oh, you can take out an arrogant beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd...pompous roof-tile, but after a while you begin to realize that this renovation is doomed. Because the foundation is built on what I can only describe as a solid bed of cnuts."

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Hopefully Frenkie will have a few words to say to Laporta and Xavi on the way out.

"You know, I've spent the last three years detoxifying this club. It's been a bit like renovating an old, old house. Oh, you can take out an arrogant beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd...pompous roof-tile, but after a while you begin to realize that this renovation is doomed. Because the foundation is built on what I can only describe as a solid bed of cnuts."
Yes :lol:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I would consider walking away but that's only because I value preseason and the effect it can have on a player/ team when a player arrives late.

Hes obviously a very good/great midfielder but I would worry about his ability to settle in/ get up to speed if he was a deadline day signing.

It puts an enormous amount of pressure on the player , especially on the back of a prolonged transfer saga as well as disrupting some of the squad harmony that's been built up over preseason.

If you are willing to sacrifice a champions league place again (because without midfield reinforcement I don't see how you will get it) in order to sign him next transfer window then that's all good but I think many fans / pundits will be critical of this pursuit (putting all your eggs in this basket) if it doesn't pan out.
Frenkie will literally be able to slot in to the first 11 since he’s already played under ETH before and a player of his caliber doesn’t really need much coaching anyways to know what his role is.. I’d actually be fuming if we sign him and he’s not slotted into the team right away while watching McFred feck shit up and cost us points.. don’t get me wrong I do have high hopes that ETH’s coaching will improve most of our players but not enough to watch a player like Frenkie sit on the bench if he’s available..

Redcy

we have turned into rawk 2015 haven’t we? Can we start writing poetry and create an alternative league table?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
we have turned into rawk 2015 haven’t we? Can we start writing poetry and create an alternative league table?
"Teams with a keeper named David De Gea"? We'd be in the top three at least!

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
I have faith in ETH and still think he will end up
here.
My negative is that he doesnt seem that keen himself. But assuming he comes Im confident he will bring a good mentality - We really need top 4 this year so will be very disappointed if he doesnt come.

peridigm

It seems to me the best way to handle this would be a lower fee to Barca and we give Frenkie 17millions. Everyone is happy. Shocked it has not been mentioned already.

Status
Not open for further replies.