• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
It doesn’t make sense at Chelsea end either given they’ve been making bids all summer without getting the green light from players.

There MO has been bid first, see if the player fancies it later.
Maybe we want to avoid embarrassment for a 3rd time? :wenger:

AlexUTD

I suppose some people just don't like transfer season, or they get excited when they see an extra 10 pages added and it's just some guys having a bit of fun in here whilst discussing the latest Sport drivel
I call those people psychopaths! :lol: ;)

You shut your whore mouth! Frenkie is coming. Be patient.
You tell him bro! :cool:

Once FdJ joins us, we should blacklist Rahman, Romano, Romero, Sport and all the Barca aggregator accounts. Spout nothing but bollocks without a shred of evidence.
Yes please!

I mean, Tuchel says "Maybe not midfielders as a first option but we are open for everything."

I'm not sure how that rules it out, especially with that big grin plastered on his face.
Tuchel is the village slut isnt he?

Can we not ban tweets from this guy, he's basically a Barca propaganda machine spurting out crap.
Ban the fecker!

No betrayal here... on this train till the bitter end
Cho cho my friend :devil:

Got a feeling he is quite cucked by his fiance and she would push him for London.
Would be a strange career move, really is a toss up as to which club will do better this season and in the coming years. Surely after his Barca experience, reuniting with his old boss is the best and smartest career move.

To throw that away to live in London for maybe 4 years is madness, if that alone was the reason rather than an affection for Chelsea FC.

I’ve lived in Hong Kong, N. Ireland, Cheshire, France, Norway, NZ, Aus, Norway, Sweden… every place has it’s charm and it’s nice to switch it about. And that’s as a middle class person.
As multi millionaires, he and his missus will live in luxury wherever they are, can go on any holiday they like, and then they have an entire life after he turns 30 to find a place to settle, or have multiple homes for Summer and Winter.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah this weird **** shit and the girlfriend anologies need to get to feck. I don't know who hurt these people but it's a potential transfer of a football player between football clubs. Let's not make it weird
Yeah it’s uncomfortable isn’t it

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Also, if this whole "United are desperate for him" thing is true, doesn't that just confirm what we've said for the past few days? It's clear Barca are pushing this Chelsea news, if Chelsea themselves were, their journos would have made a bigger fuss of it.

If United are getting desperate, they're starting to panic which means this whole thing is having the effect that Barca wanted. They wanted us to panic, in doing so well come to an arrangement to pay off the wages, meaning Barca save money and get a nice fee too.

That's my feeling, but things seem to be happening exactly as we've thought they would for the last few days. I'd say this was Barcas plan from the beginning but that's just my opinion

Mmm-Qatarian

Guys, I've got it. I've finally figured out this saga.

All of our signings this summer have been gazzumps, right? We gazzumped Lyon for Malacia, we gazzumped Brentford (and possibly Spurs) for Eriksen, and we gazzumped Arsenal for Martinez. But if we're the only team in for De Jong, how could we gazzump anyone? That is where Chelsea come in.

I put it to you, ladies and gentlemen, that the real reason this saga has taken so long is simply that Murtough has been waiting for another side to make a play for De Jong to keep up his 100% gazzump track record on new signings.

DavelinaJolie

One of the other things I would imagine is that if people on a message board think they can divine where all this transfer information originates from, then surely teams, which have a whole host of contacts in the business, would more than likely know where information originates from.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

All of our signings this summer have been gazzumps, right? We gazzumped Lyon for Malacia, we gazzumped Brentford (and possibly Spurs) for Eriksen, and we gazzumped Arsenal for Martinez. But if we're the only team in for De Jong, how could we gazzump anyone? That is where Chelsea come in.

I put it to you, ladies and gentlemen, that the real reason this saga has taken so long is simply that Murtough has been waiting for another side to make a play for De Jong to keep up his 100% gazzump track record on new signings.
It's all so clear now!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Stranger things have happened haha :lol:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
One of the other things I would imagine is that if people on a message board think they can divine where all this transfer information originates from, then surely teams, which have a whole host of contacts in the business, would more than likely know where information originates from.
Of course they can. That's likely why United are so calm about it all. They know what's going on and the sorts and are happy to ride it out. I refuse to believe that Ten Hag wouldn't have been in contact with de Jong or his agent to get some info about this Chelsea stuff, and you'd like to think they'd respect ten Hag enough to be honest with him, seeing as we've waited for months for this to sort its self

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes

By Jove you've only gone and bloody nailed it.

All this worry and turns out it's just Murtough making it clear he's the finest gazumper in town. I'll sleep well tonight. Cheers!

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T

I disagree, we haven't signed anyone called Gaz Zumps. Is he the alleged backup option to FDJ?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I know mate. I have dogs myself and its horrible when something happens, they are part of your family. It would motivate me for some vengeance to be fair - the fight scenes at the start of 3 are unreal though. 4 is not out til March 23 its nearly as bad as waiting for FDJ to sign..
I'd have tracked them all down in a fit of rage, put 30 bullets in them and kicked crap out of their corpses. Then left.

Then went back and put another one in and said "oh yeah, and that's for my family"

DavelinaJolie

Of course they can. That's likely why United are so calm about it all. They know what's going on and the sorts and are happy to ride it out. I refuse to believe that Ten Hag wouldn't have been in contact with de Jong or his agent to get some info about this Chelsea stuff, and you'd like to think they'd respect ten Hag enough to be honest with him, seeing as we've waited for months for this to sort its self
If that's the case then why do Barcelona think them leaking to journos that Chelsea are going to hijack a deal would make Utd do anything? That'd make them look even more daft. Utd have already briefed regarding Barca saying one thing in negotiations and another to the press.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If that's the case then why do Barcelona think them leaking to journos that Chelsea are going to hijack a deal would make Utd do anything? That'd make them look even more daft. Utd have already briefed regarding Barca saying one thing in negotiations and another to the press.
Because, in my opinion, their thought is that we'll panic and end up paying the deferred wages to secure him before Chelsea can. It's clear Barca don't want to pay it and they'll avoid doing so if they can. Even if de jongs agent denies the interest, it could still linger in Uniteds mind that they're not being truthful. Just takes a few seeds of doubt to grow really.

Of course it could be that Chelsea really are interested and are very confident, but the fact the noise over here from all their T1 journos has been pretty meh at best tells me it's coming from Barca

DavelinaJolie

Now, this I do not believe. "I'll only take the job if you get this player who, for all we know, is really happy at his club and his club probably don't want to let him go" (who honestly saw them wanting to move Frenkie on before this all kicked off?).

Because, in my opinion, their thought is that we'll panic and end up paying the deferred wages to secure him before Chelsea can. It's clear Barca don't want to pay it and they'll avoid doing so if they can. Even if de jongs agent denies the interest, it could still linger in Uniteds mind that they're not being truthful. Just takes a few seeds of doubt to grow really.

Of course it could be that Chelsea really are interested and are very confident, but the fact the noise over here from all their T1 journos has been pretty meh at best tells me it's coming from Barca
Or, his agent is leaking this because he’s getting nervous that Barça aren’t going to blink with regards to the exist negotiations.
This way he’s playing both sides to ensure he gets his client the 17m, through Barca or United or both, and of course his own big agents fee.

RedMilo

I'd have tracked them all down in a fit of rage, put 30 bullets in them and kicked crap out of their corpses. Then left.

Then went back and put another one in and said "oh yeah, and that's for my family"
Anyway I'm glad my advice to take a break from this thread and watch John Wick has worked - all peace and love now :lol::lol:

izec

That would be the quickest and best solution, but even then, you would have a plan B in mind. Either someone at the club that can be trained to a degree to perform a similar role or someone bought and trained. Granted, Frenkie is a special and unique player, but still, not great planning all around.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Or, his agent is leaking this because he’s getting nervous that Barça aren’t going to blink with regards to the exist negotiations.
This way he’s playing both sides to ensure he gets his client the 17m, through Barca or United or both, and of course his own big agents fee.
Never thought of it like that to be honest. Barca are likely going to play hardball and if he wants the money it'll be on their terms, how they want to structure it etc.

I truly don't believe Chelseas interest is as concrete as the Spanish sources will have us believe. Even Ornstein hasn't even updated his original article where he said the Two clubs are in talks only. Seems people have latched on to that and ran with it and Barca are fuelling the fire. Clever though if it does work out for them

Blood Mage

Really feels like the club are briefing to place the blame on Ten Hag for this transfer potentially collapsing. They can go feck themselves if they think we'll turn on him before those clowns Murtough and Arnold who've made a mess of this window.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Not much of that is really known for definite though is it? How about alternatively, Barca have been trying to push him out for weeks, knowing they were in a mess with their wage bill and knowing that there was a chance La Liga wouldn't sign off on all their lever income, and FDJ is happy to leave but only if he gets all of his owed money? You mention 'coming to an agreement' but why would he let you weasel out of any of it? You suppose he wants to stay for the love of the club but I'd argue there is just of much of a chance that he would be happy to leave Barca to their shenanigans if you weren't constantly low-balling him during negotiations. There is nothing out there yet to make your theory any more likely than that one.

If the Chelsea stuff is made up and coming out of Barca, a valid possible explanation could be that you are doing it to coerce United into telling FDJ to write off whatever you are trying to get out of paying and making up the shortfall ourselves. Do you not think Barca would consider that strategy?

All the Chelsea stuff could be true, all the stuff about him not wanting United could be true, but after the circus at Barca during this window and the way this story has run, I don't think it is mental gymnastics or conspiracy theory if someone thinks there is a decent chance that whatever is stopping FDJ from leaving is being caused by Barca's ridiculous financial trickery.
I should of been clearer, my conspiracy comment was in regards to the idea Barca using Chelsea to pressure United which I don't think is plausible. We aren't at a negotiation stage, the fee is agreed and I think both sides would agree it's a fair deal, there is no squeezing for more.

Also, after the drama between Chelsea and Barca this summer in the transfer window they hate us, I think they'd call us out if we were using them, they certainly won't do us any favors as seen with Azpi. It makes no sense to me that Barca, although we are crazy this summer, would risk a deal with United - a huge club that Laporta said he respects - and have a player staying on wages that mean we can't register new signings.

It's more realistic to believe his agent is linking him to CL clubs via the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.