Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm convinced that we'd match any Chelsea bid to cover the deferred payments, if it came to that

Dan600

Surely there's a risk if court/police agree, that the contract being null and void mean he's just a free agent at that point?

Jacob

This is all just a ploy to get him to forego his deferred wages and reduce his salary going forward.

DutchCruijff

"Chelsea have a firm interest and while it is understood they are yet to submit a formal bid, sources indicate they are prepared to fund the transfer fee and cover the salary debt should De Jong pick a switch to Stamford Bridge. They have an advantage over United in playing Champions League football this season, although it is thought that alone will not determine his potential destination."

So willing to cover the salary? Yet they haven't made a bid yet? Doesn't look like De Jong wants to move there either.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hence the panic today with the names being thrown around
Yeah. Pretty much. I've been a quiet muppet all summer, but I can't imagine this will happen. For one thing, he'd need to know we've got our shit together and he's not being brought in as some saviour for the fourth spot. Trouble is, we're not linked with any quality players besides him. He's currently too good for such a shit team.

Skills

Snitch
We’ve had a transfer window where we’ve bought 2 players with a transfer fee. I really don’t believe that was ETH’s plan regardless of the desire to wait for FDJ.
It's irrelevant what his plan was. Scouting/recruitment goes beyond creating wishlist of players you want in modern football.

Because players are such expensive commodities, scouting/recruitment work goes into identifying players who are actually available depending on their contract situations and career trajectories. A manager coming in, and deciding a list of players he wants just pisses all over that because there's a good chance most of the players he wants are not available or would be extortionately expensive.

There's a reason most clubs around hardly give their managers any input. Simply because its stupidly expensive going after specific players a manager might want, rather than just looking at the market and identifying the best/suitable players available and asking your manager to work with them.

Longshanks

Bit troubling that they apparently informed him about this three weeks ago. It's not a new development and he still doesn't seem to want out
So you think the veiled threat of legal action against an illegal contract is enough for frenkie to forget about 17m euros or whatever it is that he is now owed?

Sureley if found to be true that his deffered wages contract is illegal and Barca want him to resort to previous terms, than Barca will have to back pay him what the original contract stated for the past couple of years.

You cant move someone onto a lower contract promising to pay more at the back end of the contract then change the contract back compleatly ignoring the couple of years of lower pay?

Signs of desperation from Barca if you ask me.

mu4c_20le

"Chelsea have a firm interest and while it is understood they are yet to submit a formal bid, sources indicate they are prepared to fund the transfer fee and cover the salary debt should De Jong pick a switch to Stamford Bridge. They have an advantage over United in playing Champions League football this season, although it is thought that alone will not determine his potential destination."

So willing to cover the salary? Yet they haven't made a bid yet? Doesn't look like De Jong wants to move there either.
Sounds like a Boehly briefing. Basically they are willing to do it but when it comes to it, it'll be a lot more complex just like for us.

RkkMan

Third point kinda invalidates Chelseas interest though doesn't it?

If they're interested but yet to submit a bid, because apparently they're waiting for a green light, but are willing to pay his outstanding wages, therefore creating the green light, why haven't they done so yet?
They're interested, yes, but i don't think they're THAT interested in him. Barca have been hyping the interest up to get United to crack and pay, i'm sure of it
Even if they were interested I'm convinced we'll match any salary offer they pay up
I'm glad Ornstein has confirmed that FDJ has neither made a decision on his next club nor have a preference yet
We can still make a good pitch with Ten Hag+The work we've put in for him to make him feel more valued at Utd than Chelsea who just appeared out of convenience

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Third point kinda invalidates Chelseas interest though doesn't it?

If they're interested but yet to submit a bid, because apparently they're waiting for a green light, but are willing to pay his outstanding wages, therefore creating the green light, why haven't they done so yet?
They're interested, yes, but i don't think they're THAT interested in him. Barca have been hyping the interest up to get United to crack and pay, i'm sure of it
Because quite clearly he has not told them he wants to join them, despite all the rubbish in the press

cyberman

Even if they were interested I'm convinced we'll match any salary offer they pay up
I'm glad Ornstein has confirmed that FDJ has neither made a decision on his next club nor have a preference yet
We can still make a good pitch with Ten Hag+The work we've put in for him to make him feel more valued at Utd than Chelsea who just appeared out of convenience
Isn’t it clear yet that he’s decided to stay?

DutchCruijff

Sounds like a Boehly briefing. Basically they are willing to do it but when it comes to it, it'll be a lot more complex just like for us.
What's complex?

If they're willing to cover his deferred salary, nothing is complex. Hence, Chelsea should have made a bid by now if he was interested.

We're just not willing to pay his deferred salary.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Doesn't sound like a Boehly briefing to me... if it was more outlets would have it i'd imagine.
Sources indicate - which sources? Chelsea sources or Barca sources? If they were Chelsea sources, a lot more of their T1 reporters would have the info too... seems to me like they're Barca sources, trying to get United to cough up the wages. Could be wrong, but thats how i see it

tbtt

WUM
FDJ and his team start leaking their side of stories while United is finally talking about "alternatives".
Time to get excited, again.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
So basically Gerard Romero actually isn't as informed as we all think he is.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Where are we moving to?
If ETH doesn't know at least 1 CM in the whole of world football that can improve us he should resign. As things stand his refusal to look beyond FDJ will see us without a win in the first 5-6 matches.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If ETH doesn't know at least 1 CM in the whole of world football that can improve us he should resign. As things stand his refusal to look beyond FDJ will see us without a win in the first 5-6 matches.
What about Rabiot?

Chief123

We know for certain now that Utd have now become "desperate" as described by a number of reporters. It's evident in our bids for Arnautovic and Rabiot.

When the Utd board becomes desperate, they throw money at the problem. So what is failing to add up to the FDJ story right now is that the hold up can not be just down to FDJ being owed 17m. I just don't believe FDJ would pack his bags and be on his way to Manchester if Barca wrote him a cheque for 17m right now. Because the truth is, Utd would without a doubt be happy to write that cheque for Barca right now due to how desperate we have become. It would cost us more than 17m in total (fee+wages+sign on) for someone like Rabiot. So it's not feasible to suggest Utd don't want to pay the 17m. It's easy to do by just using loopholes. The 17m owed being the sole factor in the delay is just not adding up anymore. Especially not in cohesion with our current actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.