Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypriot

They've not only done that, they have launched a full scale media campaign against him as well. That's fecked up. Their own fans are booing and hurling abuse at him when he arrives for matches and training. He has unbelievable mental fortitude to be able to deal with all this and still perform exceptionally well. Which only makes me want him more :lol:
Some player. He should come where he will be loved :rolleyes:

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Casemiro + FDJ + Eriksen is some midfield alright. Where does that leave Bruno though?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Is there any reason to think there is a chance? Barca clearly aren't bothered enough to force him and he seems quite happy to stay despite the issues, not sure what there is left here

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
On the wing, as 10 in a diamond or on the bench. Bruno on the wing isn't too dissimilar to Tadic for Ajax, I think
Then on the bench it is then. A bit wasted considering his talents and what he has done 2 seasons ago

Donut

Is there any reason to think there is a chance? Barca clearly aren't bothered enough to force him and he seems quite happy to stay despite the issues, not sure what there is left here
It’s over. Mikky has won. Barcelona hates Frenkie but at least she gets to lie on the beach and surf all day.

Laurencio

FdJ can easily play the Kroos role alongside Casemiro. FdJ wants to be the first player to receive the ball from the CBs, and Casemiro is not that player, but Busquets is. Casemiro would add much needed discipline, physicality and defensive ability next to him.
Agreed. Casemiro is one hell of a player to have next to you. He'll provide you with cover, defense and he'll take revenge if someone makes a bad tackle on you. Before, we were asking de Jong to carry our midfield pretty much single handedly - now we're asking him to just be its playmaker. Hopefully that makes a difference.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Then on the bench it is then. A bit wasted considering his talents and what he has done 2 seasons ago
You have said it yourself.

I think Bruno flourished in the team we had at the time because we were relying on individual moments of magic from him (or anyone) to create goals and win games. Last season (and so far this season), he has shown a complete inability to play within a system that demands ball retention, accurate passing and building possession.

I actually do not mind him trying the Hollywood passes or flicks – it is the countless times he misplaces even simple passes that instantly kill our attack and hand possession back to the other team that frustrate me. That and how he seems to receive most of his passes after dropping deep with his back to the opposition goal, and then passing it straight back to whichever defender passed him the ball.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
We’re signing the best DM in the world so go feck yourself DJ st Barca. We dont need you haha.

Laurencio

MEN:

OPINION: Casemiro has exposed United's biggest transfer problem
Erik ten Hag asked Manchester United to sign him a central midfielder from one of the top sides in La Liga this summer. But instead of landing Frenkie de Jong, it looks like the arrival of Casemiro is a lot more likely to happen.

United insist a move for De Jong is not dead, but there is a general acceptance that if a deal for the Real Madrid midfielder can be agreed instead, then the pursuit of the Dutchman will no longer be financially viable this year.
Key part here being United insist a move for De Jong is not dead. The rest is just a bunch of opinions and assumptions.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
MEN:

Key part here being United insist a move for De Jong is not dead. The rest is just a bunch of opinions and assumptions.
If Arnold's £200mil+sales number was correct we are looking at least £212 after Pereira.

Martinez - £50mil
Casemiro - £55mil
Malacia - £12mil.

So £117 mil spent with another £95mil to spend. Could still fetch us de Jong and another goalkeeper maybe?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think one other thing that the casemiro deal does for us in case we're still in for him is the ability to take this to the wire, barca don't hold all the chips anymore and we don't need to panic buy anymore .

At this point I guess we'd just have to wait till deadline, barca still need him to reduce his wages and I don't think he's gonna do that, no other team mist be in for him either because Chelsea would have just gotten him by this point.

WPMUFC

The only possibility of a "good" window is Casemiro and FDJ.

We're kidding ourselves if Casemiro and Fred is even considered a top 4 challenger.

allen7

No one knows even the tier 1 journalists know the real situation behind this deal and everyone just riling up the crowd with their assumptions.

DutchCruijff

If Arnold's £200mil+sales number was correct we are looking at least £212 after Pereira.

Martinez - £50mil
Casemiro - £55mil
Malacia - £12mil.

So £117 mil spent with another £95mil to spend. Could still fetch us de Jong and another goalkeeper maybe?
There's still potentially Bailly and AWB to leave + Williams in January should be baked in. A potential £40m right there.

WOULD fetch us De Jong, a GK and a FW. We're not short of cash, it is just a matter of funds being released/front loaded.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
There's still potentially Bailly and AWB to leave + Williams in January should be baked in. A potential £40m right there.

WOULD fetch us De Jong, a GK and a FW. We're not short of cash, it is just a matter of funds being released/front loaded.
Bailly + AWB leaving won't fetch us 40m. Bailly is around 5-10m and AWB is another 10m. Even if Williams leaves he will be another 5m. Thats no where close to 40m.

DutchCruijff

How do you know what has been said behind closed doors?

The Athletic article literally mentioned that they were looking to set up a legal case against his representatives.

The silence is going to before one last push to kick him out/to sign him. I still think he stays but signing Casemiro gives United leverage/less desperation + chasing after SMS too.

DutchCruijff

Bailly + AWB leaving won't fetch us 40m. Bailly is around 5-10m and AWB is another 10m. Even if Williams leaves he will be another 5m. Thats no where close to 40m.
Bailly is around £12m and AWB the same. Williams has been valued at £15m with other clubs interested.

You're seriously undervaluing the players. We sold Dan James for £30m 12 months ago ffs.

That's not mentioning Garner for £15-20 either.

So, yes, definitely £40-60m there.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Bailly is around £12m and AWB the same. Williams has been valued at £15m with other clubs interested.

You're seriously undervaluing the players. We sold Dan James for £30m 12 months ago ffs.

That's not mentioning Garner for £15-20 either.

So, yes, definitely £40-60m there.
Dan James selling figure was a miracle. Leeds were so stupid to pay that much. And no one is paying 15m for Williams. If anything he leaves on a loan.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Bailly's asking price has been said to be around 10, Williams' is around 15 and AWB first offer from Palace is said to be around 10 which I am sure will probably turn into closer to 12.5 so near enough £37.5mil. close to 50 if you factor in Andreas.

Brophs

The One and Only
I almost admire the optimism of people who still think this is on. Almost.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I almost admire the optimism of people who still think this is on. Almost.
It never was on. He has no interest in coming here. We could have spent the whole summer trying to sign Mbappe and it would have been the same thing.

romufc

It never was on. He has no interest in coming here. We could have spent the whole summer trying to sign Mbappe and it would have been the same thing.
Exactly this. I got warned for saying we couldn't convince him from the mods.

There was nothing from De Jong's side that even hinted he is interested in the deal.

People say we wouldnt be in for him unless we had guarantees, clearly dont know how our club operates.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

We're kidding ourselves if Casemiro and Fred is even considered a top 4 challenger.
If we use Cas & Fred as the Brazil NT do, Fred will come alive and look a different player to the one we see week in wee’ out for Utd. I believe we will see the player city were chasing.

Casemiro and Fred are Brazils starting midfield at present, they may well work well together. Obviously FDJ is an upgrade on Fred but if Barca keep pissing about feck them.

Status
Not open for further replies.