g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik the Red

What is the latest on the James Garner situation? I think this is a good barometer of the De Jong deal.

Ten Hag said that if De Jong doesn't come, he will mould someone else into that role from within the squad. McFred are clearly not going to be moulded into progressive playmakers. Eriksen arguably could be, but Garner is probably the most natural "deep playmaker" amongst the younger members of the squad who could be moulded into the De Jong role, so I would be surprised if Ten Hag let's him leave without De Jong coming.

Watch the James Garner thread....
Please can someone update me on James Garner....

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He's saying nothing about it because he knows feck all. I like the guy but he's also a cnut, if that makes sense.

Of course it makes sense, Pidge. Never doubt yourself. You were right about Frenkie joining and you're right about this as well. Stop talking to yourself though because Elvis is pumping up the BB gun again.

RedMilo

I have changed my mind and I reckon he does move tomorrow.

The reason I think he is now moving, is this fictional wedding they were supposedly travelling to the UK for doesn't exist. Combine this with EtH wry smile in his press conference, when he said our business is over, but if something special comes up, then you never know - I suspect we are still in with a chance of this happening.

I suspect he is in the UK in case, IF a deal can be agreed with all parties on deadline day, then he doesn't have the time it takes to travel aspect to deal with, for medicals etc tomorrow.

Whether it's to us or Chelsea, that is another matter. Please for feck sake, let it be us..

Erik the Red

Where is he anyway? he looked pissed in that video and people around him were saying wa wa wa wa wa. Im assuming thats spanish?
Maybe he doesn't look so happy because he was ready to sign his dream contract at Utd.... and then he failed his medical.

Gasolin

If Frenkie, his GF and Memphis are not in London for "transfer reasons" then why are they not posting insta pics ?

If they were on vacation anywhere else, im sure they would be.

Frenkies GF is the type to be posting a pic of every meal she has!
I mean that would be a bit too much to rely on the girlfriend not posting pictures, but who knows. If we really went for FDJ and Memphis today, this would be phenomenal business, betting on this season to get back to CL football. But I can't believe that one.

ColvaleGoa

Any reliable sources to say Chelsea are coming in hot for him??..

Not really interested..I just want to take this thread to 2000.

Death by 2000 cuts to the Muppets for him to never rise again!

iamjacks

What a saga.

Every summer we have one and you think they can't get any crazier.

Not a chance this is happening btw :D Be glad when Frenkie is pictured in Barca training tomorrow and we're done.

Hoof the ball

Not that Goldbridge knows anything, but with Shrager holding some information that he won't confirm and Goldbridge at least having some commuication with Romano, you have to wonder if there's an unspoken truth being kept back until tomorrow.....

OrcaFat

I mean that would be a bit too much to rely on the girlfriend not posting pictures, but who knows. If we really went for FDJ and Memphis today, this would be phenomenal business, betting on this season to get back to CL football. But I can't believe that one.
The GF didn’t post pics?!!! Feck me sideways.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
I have changed my mind and I reckon he does move tomorrow.

The reason I think he is now moving, is this fictional wedding they were supposedly travelling to the UK for doesn't exist. Combine this with EtH wry smile in his press conference, when he said our business is over, but if something special comes up, then you never know - I suspect we are still in with a chance of this happening.

I suspect he is in the UK in case, IF a deal can be agreed with all parties on deadline day, then he doesn't have the time it takes to travel aspect to deal with, for medicals etc tomorrow.

Whether it's to us or Chelsea, that is another matter. Please for feck sake, let it be us..
I mean good logic the problem is that he already came back from England and he is already in Barcelona

Withnail

Any celebrity really dude, I couldn't cope with that sh*t and no doubt would end up on the wrong side of a law suit for grabbing a photographers camera and showing him a magic trick where I swap his teeth for the camera.
Damn right. I'd be cancelled in no time for that type of thing, especially after a few beers.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No mention of De Jong at all in Mitten's latest article about Utd and Barca's transfer business. Not even a mention that Utd pursued him or anything......:smirk:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The GF didn’t post pics?!!! Feck me sideways.
It does carry some weight. She posts a lot on Insta. For a trip to London you'd expect at least one photo unless it was business related and they wanted to keep it secret.

Or maybe they've come over to be Ronaldo's legal guardians during his secret penis enlargement operation in the Capital. One of those two things for sure...

Erik the Red

Yes, here’s an update: He is nowhere in the same universe as FDJ.

But the best of luck to him obviously.
I was asking tongue in cheek. A week ago when the Garner rumours started heating up, I said that the Garner deal would be a good barometer for the de Jong deal. Why would ETH sell one of our most promising youngsters, in a position where we are under resourced, unless someone else is coming in. I am more convinced than ever that this is de jONg, and the reason he looks upset is because he's had an earbashing from Mikky the whole flight about not wanting to move to Manchester.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So we get Memphis, Barcelona pay Frenkie the money he's owed, and Frenkie moves to Chelsea? That's obviously what's happening here.

Ha! Just kidding! United are starting a hockey team and Mikky is going to captain it. Frenkie and Memphis are joining Chelsea!

Wing Attack Plan R

He's saying nothing about it because he knows feck all. I like the guy but he's also a cnut, if that makes sense.

Of course it makes sense, Pidge. Never doubt yourself. You were right about Frenkie joining and you're right about this as well. Stop talking to yourself though because Elvis is pumping up the BB gun again.
I agree with you, at least the "Goldbridge is a cnut" part.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Ha ha. You kill me Brownie! Even if FDJ tells you personally that he’s not coming, you will still doubt it!! I’m the same - only the window shutting will convince me we’ve failed. Even then it will be a temporary failure until January.
This is the way of the muppet my friend. We know players and clubs lie, anything is possible until the window shuts haha.

In all seriousness this could possibly go to a very late night tomorrow. I think we shall try something

Status
Not open for further replies.