• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
De Jong to replace Pogba+Matic
1 CB to for the squad if Bailly/Jones are going..
1 striker, because we dont have any.

Still no proper DM, no full back upgrades and no one to play from the right..

If we addressed just those 3 positions, it would be a pretty underwhelming window.
Maybe this is the action in June - buying these players.

Then, in July there are Nkunku/Ziyech, a DM and some utility player.

lol

i'm sorry i just ordered sushi again from a place which last time sucked but i forgot the name of it and now i ordered from there again so i am disappointed and a bit trollish. : )

Dempsey19

So £68m roughly they want for him. That's £48m more than our budget :lol:

But seriously , I don't think Barca are in the position to name a price and stick to it. There has to be room for negotiation.

sleepehead

If everything works out I think it'll be around 55-60M euros and then attainable bonuses reaching up to 75M-80M euros. I think it'll depend a lot on how do we structure the payments because I'm sure if we tell them we'll pay a majority of it in 1 sum they'll be more open versus trying to spread the payments for 4-5years.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
My sense is that Barca really want to sell and its mainly about negotiating at this point.

They pursued Kessie very aggressively and he's far too much of an all action player and final third goal threat to be a replacement for Busquets as the 6 in a 4-3-3. So given they have two golden child 8 type midfielders already in Gavi and Pedri who will be centerpieces of the project, it just doesn't make sense to also add Kessie unless they've been planning on selling FDJ to fund other priorities. They have a lot of needs in this rebuild, there's no logic to spending scarce resources so that you can have four very good 8s.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Time to move on then.
He said since then we have agreed a fee with Barca. Why would we do that?

FDJ was hesitant. This isnt news. Main news today is that we have agreed a fee according to the same journalist

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He said since then we have agreed a fee with Barca. Why would we do that?

FDJ was hesitant. This isnt news. Main news today is that we have agreed a fee according to the same journalist
It is news. He was hesitant before but as you've read, its now an outright no.

L1nk

Its a mistranslation, he said FDJ ‘initially’ said no, but nothing since, he also said we’ve since agreed a deal with Barca

pratyush_utd

Is Oriol on crack?

That account is aggregator and it translated it wrong. He said initially he said no and then ETH spoke to him. Also that we agreed a fee. Agreeing a fee for a player who doesn’t want to come is bit stupid. Most likely ETH convinced him if we pressed forward with a deal

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That account is aggregator and it translated it wrong. He said initially he said no and then ETH spoke to him. Also that we agreed a fee. Agreeing a fee for a player who doesn’t want to come is bit stupid. Most likely ETH convinced him if we pressed forward with a deal
Im confused, sorry :lol: If you speak Spanish can you translate what he said?

pratyush_utd

It is news. He was hesitant before but as you've read, its now an outright no.
No thats not what he said. He said initially FDJ said no and then ETH spoke to him. There is no information after that. Then we agreed a fee as well. Looks odd to me that we will agree a fee after a player said no.

Mind you he might still decide against joining us but surely we must have got some indication from him to actually move forward and agree a deal with Barca

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Im confused, sorry :lol: If you speak Spanish can you translate what he said?
  • United spoke with Frenkie who wasn't interested initially.
*Some time later, following conversations with Ten Hag
  • United agree deal with Barcelona
There's a feeling that we've changed Frenkie's mind because we've agreed a deal but there's no further information on Frenkie's stance.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Here's a Tweet from another Barcelona aggregator that has gotten this information (and where the whole thing seems to originate from):

Here's how DeepL.com translates it:
Ten Hag called Frenkie De Jong.

Initially Frenkie said no.

He doesn't want to go to a team that is not in the Champions League.
This doesn't read like new info but more like a reminder. I'd like to know where this originally came from as no one has pointed out the underlying source on Twitter.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Muppets live on

Remember the geese

Why would we agree a fee with Barcelona for a player who isn't interested in signing for us? It makes no sense. Surely De Jong has given us some encouragement?

Status
Not open for further replies.