• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid

What a wild club.
If this happens then I think Barca would have won the Summer Transfer Window Cup. Even now, the level of their transformation is admirable.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Imagine selling more of your assets generating income because you can't get a handle on one player.

Edwards6

Xavi on De Jong -
"There is still time until the market closes on August 31st"
It's on!!

Sid234

My god! How much of your soul are you willing to sell to keep up this insanity?
It's definitely an ego thing for the club and they are clearly tone deaf and arrogant.. they know the fans will eat up whatever BS they put put there. We see that with the FdJ story, and the stories they leak to the press vs what they say in public, all while spending >150mill on new signings

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If United/Dutch fans are all shocked or angered by the financial immorality of what Barca is doing to both FdJ and the wild, 'party like its 1999' transfer spending; I wonder what Real Madrid management and fans are thinking? Or they are just expecting all this to end badly in the short term?

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
If United/Dutch fans are all shocked or angered by the financial immorality of what Barca is doing to both FdJ and the wild, 'party like its 1999' transfer spending; I wonder what Real Madrid management and fans are thinking? Or they are just expecting all this to end badly in the short term?
I can't help but think this is one incredibly short sighted strategy that Barca are employing - I mean, their spending doesn't even make sense. They've bought some players who are at a good age, but also Lewandowski and Aubameyang who are in the twilight of their career. They're good players but it just seems like Laporta is planning for one or two big seasons in terms of performance and then figure it out from there, hoping that their financial problems will have been resolved. Essentially it feels like he's gambling the future of the club.

sglowrider

I can't help but think this is one incredibly short sighted strategy that Barca are employing - I mean, their spending doesn't even make sense. They've bought some players who are at a good age, but also Lewandowski and Aubameyang who are in the twilight of their career. They're good players but it just seems like Laporta is planning for one or two big seasons in terms of performance and then figure it out from there, hoping that their financial problems will have been resolved. Essentially it feels like he's gambling the future of the club.
Its ironic but didn't Bartomeu's problem was that he gave huge long-term contracts to a lot of players?

So Laporta is now looking at short-term solutions.

Dr. StrangeHate

I don't listen to newspaper news. Gerard Romero and little else.

I just don't think that such an important transfer for both teams and has been paralyzed for 2 months for 17M.

If that were the problem it would have been negotiated a long time ago. Paying both the amount halfway or something similar.
Barcelona finances being in the gutter is the whole reason they are having to sell 25 years worth of revenue. Of course 17 million is going to be an issue.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I can only go off who is reporting the news, and imo, Martyn Ziegler is a reputable journo when it comes to reporting on the governance of the game and the business side of the sport. And Ziegler along with Tariq Panja and Rob Harris are three journos who are very clued up on that side of the game.
Ah okay.. I guess that is what I wanted to know and it sounds like Ziegler wouldn’t just mention such info unless he has genuine knowledge about it.. cheers mate!

Dr. StrangeHate

So can they register players or not for season start. It would be hilarious to see half their team looking from the side lines unable to play.

WPMUFC

So can they register players or not for season start. It would be hilarious to see half their team looking from the side lines unable to play.
i really don't think anyone has a solid answer on this. The best two answers i've seen have been 1. they must announce more "levers" to raise fair play cap or 2. FDJ and the other fringe players must be sold to highlight wages off the books.

Either of those two happen (or both), i think it adjusts the club wage cap threshold enough for registration.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

Frenkie… Tuesday?!
I saw 31/AUG in that tweet and took a few moments to realise we could have another month of this. :lol:

this thread is going to break all kinds of redcafe records that i don't think will be touched for years to come.

sglowrider

Barcelona are like Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems, doubling and tripling down on what got them in a mess to begin with, and every time it looks like they could turn a corner, they go and do something worse.

Probably same ending in store for them.
No need for any movie reference. It's how all gamblers get themselves into deeper shite.

red thru&thru

The results of our first few games will be really telling. If we do well, we'll be relaxed. If we're a bit pants, we'll relent.

Let's hope we do well and get Frenkie on our terms. But one thing is for sure, we need a ball player like Frenkie in our team.

red thru&thru

It is amazing how much this has dragged on. He'll come, I've still no doubt, but my goodness this has been far from a saga to remember.
Seems more of a drama due to the public interest. We should be used to it as United fans.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I saw 31/AUG in that tweet and took a few moments to realise we could have another month of this. :lol:

this thread is going to break all kinds of redcafe records that i don't think will be touched for years to come.
Every chance it hits 2000 pages :lol:

Drizzle

This has got to the stage where even if he signs for us and goes on to win back to back ballon d'ors and takes us to champions league glory I'll still feel like it would be an anticlimax.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If this happens then I think Barca would have won the Summer Transfer Window Cup. Even now, the level of their transformation is admirable.
Probabyl one of thr best windows ever but also the most suicidal so….

WPMUFC

It is amazing how much this has dragged on. He'll come, I've still no doubt, but my goodness this has been far from a saga to remember.
It's not even drama though. It's impressively dull and repetitive. If it wasn't for SPORT stirring the pot we'd have nothing to get riled over!
unfortunately the dull and repetitive nature is likely down to both FDJ and Barca wanting to part ways but both sides refusing to find a compromise, especially with so much of the window left. If they don't find a compromised position, i think this saga dies on the last day of the window and FDJ gets his full contract on the bench. Barcelona are going to have to increase their alleged "payout package" and FDJ is going to have to come down from his position.

I'm actually amazed we are at this stage and people are genuinely convinced it's been dead for weeks because "he wants to stay". The damn manager is still indicating FDJ could very easily leave, we keep hearing "he'll just take a wage cut".....the same wage cut we've been hearing about for two months now and the "pay cut" that Laporta and Xavi keep talking about every time there is a mic in their face.....because FDJ is so excited to lock in permanent wage losses :lol:

I'm more convinced now than ever that 1. he will come if the barca payout is right and 2. the only way this transfer doesn't happen is if FDJ-Barca just refuse to compromise.

Blood Mage

They're so desperate for him to leave while he's so desperate to stay that it's getting quite funny at this point. :lol:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
So I went to bed after about 20 mins last night. I see Barca won 2-0 and Memphis was on the scoresheet. I wonder if it was a shop window exercise for them?!
How did FDJ get on? Did he play the full 90? Was he shifted to CB at any point?

WPMUFC

They're so desperate for him to leave while he's so desperate to stay that it's getting quite funny at this point. :lol:
desperate to stay at Barca or desperate to get all the money he thinks he's owed? Because if he's all about staying at Barca, and that's all that matters to him, it's pretty weird for him to hold out on the wage cut and inform MUFC that we should negotiate the deal.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
So I went to bed after about 20 mins last night. I see Barca won 2-0 and Memphis was on the scoresheet. I wonder if it was a shop window exercise for them?!
How did FDJ get on? Did he play the full 90? Was he shifted to CB at any point?
Played the 1st half in midfield then was one of five to be subbed at half time.

roseguy64

If he genuinely wanted to stay there'd be news on a new contract for him. He'd want to help the team again to stay at Barcelona longer with a longer contract so they can register the new signings.

Olecurls99

If he genuinely wanted to stay there'd be news on a new contract for him. He'd want to help the team again to stay at Barcelona longer with a longer contract so they can register the new signings.
Are you gonna go in to your boss and ask for half wages for the good of the company? Give me a break

Status
Not open for further replies.