Friendly v Preston called off due to suspected covid cases | None within first team group

Hester_manc

I know that you can get infected despite the vaccine. But I assume that the players are all vaccinated, and the infection can therefore not have affected so many players.

Zoo

If we're the ones with Covid cases, as seems to be the case, how can we play another team behind closed doors?
Think the positives have been from lateral flow tests. PCR testing will be done and am guessing that most will be fine.

Goku1983

I hope anyobe who has it makes a full recovery its an awful desiese. From a football perspective I hope Bruno Cavani or any really important player has it Leeds will kill us

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
I know that you can get infected despite the vaccine. But I assume that the players are all vaccinated, and the infection can therefore not have affected so many players.

You assume wrong. It seems only 2 out of the Premier League teams have so far vaccinated all their players (and as has been stated even once vaccinated you can still contract COVID)

Hester_manc

They may have to arrange a match against United's U23 team. It is not the same, but the U23 team may be (almost) as good as some of the teams they have already met.

Dan_F

Not necessarily. I haven’t had my second jab yet and I’m over 30. I know the politicians were making a big point of not jumping the queue, but I guess players could have paid for them somewhere.

I imagine we can field an 11 against Everton with the players returning and those aren’t deemed close contacts of the ones positive.

SirAnderson

Skipped over the last 2 pages. Are the cases ours or Preston's? Assuming it's ours, so we won't even be able to try and put together something quickly in place of Preston.
This sucks balls, we really needed this preseason to get stuck in, now we will be on the back foot massively.

choccy77

Skipped over the last 2 pages. Are the cases ours or Preston's? Assuming it's ours, so we won't even be able to try and put together something quickly in place of Preston.
This sucks balls, we really needed this preseason to get stuck in, now we will be on the back foot massively.
The cases are ours.

SirAnderson

The season is starting too soon for an international tournament year.
Exactly!
... And yet, the good ol' FA, defenders against the big bad Super League, will not want their meat money makers to not report on time, as it will mess with the millions of money on the line cause of TV rights and so on and so forth, if the league is delayed by 2 weeks. All for the good of the game, hey.

SirAnderson

Maybe we can get the first two league games rescheduled, give us a few more weeks prep
Anyone know how to cause a massive trend and social media scrutiny that will lead to click bait articles everywhere you look, on a proposed FA plan to push the start of the PL to late August? Russian hacker around perhaps? Or any hackers for that matter.

lysglimt

Scout
We really should try to squeeze in a friendly next wednesday

SaboTaj

I hope everyone recovers quickly without any complications. Hope their close ones are safe as well!

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
I hope everyone recovers quickly without any complications. Hope their close ones are safe as well!
All joking aside about this being handy for us from a Leeds fan here I truly hope all the players involved make a full and rapid recovery. Best wishes to them all.

theNortherner

Well Im sure there would be a huge human rights issue explode if Premier League forced people.
Why? It is not a human right to play football. I guess the players then has a choice not to get the vaccine but then there will be consequences for their football career in the PL.

Last edited:

maximus419

Well Im sure there would be a huge human rights issue explode if Premier League forced people.
There will at some point be a legal challenge against coercive vaccination as this area is relatively untested, possibly never tested within UK courts.

Not only that but contractually there may be some issues with regards denying players right to play. After all, this is their job of work. Already it has only been established as lawful to require vaccinations for health care workers. To think that the fa or govt will threaten footballers with their money, I highly doubt it's a fight they will win. Especially if enough players feel strongly enough about it and threaten to strike, the premier League will be in limbo.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Even best case and none have symptoms they still have to isolate for 10 days right? Plus if 9 have it - those lateral flows are useless - false negatives all over the place so no guarantee there won’t be more.

Real Name

If its 10 days then they should be all right for Leeds game although without training so that's a proper fek up.

peridigm

Question: was Rooney's escapades before or after the Derby match? Asking for a friend. :nervous: