Film FURIOSA (A Mad Max Saga)

Sweet Square

Coming to the PS5 ?

The cgi looks very messy and I’ve read a lot was done on studio sets due to covid. Still I’m sure it will be pretty good.

Idxomer

Not convinced and the first one was good but very overrated, the original series was better.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The CGI looks fine.

Anyway, looking forward to this. Hopefully it continues in the same vain as Fury Road in being a relentless bombastic spectacle.

Sweet Square

Well that’s disappointing. Undermines the greatest strength of the first one.
Yeah the first one had a great mix of CGI and real world elements. Tbh my biggest worry is the story. Fury Road was great because it’s message was you can’t go back instead you have to transform the world you live in for the better. It was anti nostalgia which doesn’t seem to be the vibe of the new one. “No One's Ever Really Gone”

Still early days though.
I wasn't aware of that :( and it was one of the things which stood out on that trailer, yeah.
Miller apparently caught covid while directing on set which then caused a shutdown. Tbh I don’t know how much was done on set compared to location so maybe it’s not that big of a issue. But currently looks like when a video game can’t load all the assets in time.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah the first one had a great mix of CGI and real world elements. Tbh my biggest worry is the story. Fury Road was great because it’s message was you can’t go back instead you have to transform the world you live in for the better. It was anti nostalgia which doesn’t seem to be the vibe of new one.

Still early days though.

Miller apparently caught covid while directing on set which then caused a shutdown. Tbh I don’t know how much was done on set compared to location so maybe it’s not that big of a issue. But currently looks like when a video game can’t load all the assets in time.

Yeah hoping those are sorted out before the theatrical release. Looking forward to the mayhem though :drool:

Sweet Square

Yeah hoping those are sorted out before the theatrical release. Looking forward to the mayhem though :drool:
Same. I’m sure it will be amazing. Fury Road had a million product issues and turned out to be maybe the greatest action film of time(And yes I’m the type of nerd who thinks the black and white version is the best one).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What is with this current trend of just taking a character from an IP, giving them their own film and literally calling it 'name'. Is there not a more interesting title they could come up with?

Furiosa
Joker
Wonka

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The CGI looks fine.

Anyway, looking forward to this. Hopefully it continues in the same vain as Fury Road in being a relentless bombastic spectacle.

Not sure if he has a the range to pull off that sort of character

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What is with this current trend of just taking a character from an IP, giving them their own film and literally calling it 'name'. Is there not a more interesting title they could come up with?

Furiosa
Joker
Wonka
Blame Logan.

Sweet Square

Furiosa
Joker
Wonka

Honestly it feels like every advert is turning into this.

Wing Attack Plan R

I don’t know, man, these movies set in an alternate universe where physics doesn’t work the way we understand it to work, I find hard to watch. Like in this, she’s standing at a portcullis while a fireball boils behind her, but, ah, Fire doesn’t travel in a straight line as if it were photons. That fire would burn her hair off and cause her eyes to liquify. She’d probably shit her pants, too. These people get shot blowing up next to them and it doesn’t so much as crimp their hair. Plus, where are they getting all the car parts out in the fecking wasteland? I can barely keep my car running and it never leaves the highway.
Only partially joking here.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I can't believe people think Fury Road is the best action film of all time, I literally don't remember anything about it and yet I'm sure I've watched it.

Go and watch Hard Boiled and come back to me.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I can’t believe someone watched Fury Road and can’t remember anything about it. And I thought my memory is bad!
Plot - I presume there was one.
Costumes - not as lame as the original Mad Max films I think but that's probably not even a good thing
Explosions - I think there were lots?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Fury Road is a masterpiece.