Gündogan vs. Wilshere

Brightonian

I'm not sure he was 'brilliant' today. Still played at a high standard but Dortmund were never on top of this match and he was comfortably outshone by Modric.

An observation more than a criticism. If he was as good as he was in the first leg all the time, he'd be the best midfielder in the world.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
That was a great save, Gündogan didn't do much wrong.
Nah. He still should have finished it. All was needed was a tap in in the corner of the goal. Instead he hit it back the way it came and gave the GK a chance to save it.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm not sure he was 'brilliant' today. Still played at a high standard but Dortmund were never on top of this match and he was comfortably outshone by Modric.

An observation more than a criticism. If he was as good as he was in the first leg all the time, he'd be the best midfielder in the world.
He was good, just as in pretty much every game of the season. He has worked up some impressive consistency.

There were only two "brilliant" players in yellow and black today: Hummels and Weidenfeller.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was good, just as in pretty much every game of the season. He has worked up some impressive consistency.

There were only two "brilliant" players in yellow and black today: Hummels and Weidenfeller.
I'd say Reus was also brilliant today. Madrid couldn't contain him at all and he was always the one getting on the ball and slowing it down to calm things down when most of the others wanted to do quick counter attacks. Created so many chances as well. Gundogan was class after the opening 20 minutes as well I thought, although not at first leg standards. Should have scored as well. I agree with Hummels at the back though, he was brilliant.

Platato

Psst!

Agreed. Hummels was brilliant. Made up for the error in the first leg.

Platato

Psst!
Aye, although he did have a few slips throughout the match. Hummels was more impressive for me but they both did well. I hope they stay at Dortmund although it looks unlikely.