Gaa 2011

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
jesus what i would give to be up on the hill on a day like today, i fecking miss it for sure :(

iSparky

jesus flicking between united and this is giving me a headache, im focusing on this though, cracking game so far should be further ahead, cooper always makes me nervous, that cnut it lethal when he wants to be

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
WAHEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Go on!!!!

iSparky

oh fecking hell im in tears on joy!! YYYEEESSSS!!!

iSparky

is this the first year fans have not been allowed onto the pitch at the end?

Dave89

Had a tenner on the draw at 19/2. Cluxton you fecking cnut.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Just un-corked a nice bottle of red I've been saving for a special occasion.

That was an unbelievable match, I cried with happiness at the final whistle.

Commiserations to Kerry.

iSparky

Just un-corked a nice bottle of red I've been saving for a special occasion.

That was an unbelievable match, I cried with happiness at the final whistle.

Commiserations to Kerry.
same, its rare for me to burst into tears after any sport but i can vividly remember Big Sam coming to my school when i was a young lad, can remember the day so clearly when they won it in 1995 and remember holding it. all through that game i could only think about how its been 16 years since Dublin had won it and when they were trailing with 7 minutes to go i was gutted, to turn it around like that and win it so late on was just to much and i was blubbering with tears of joy, given the fact that the missus is english and hasnt a clue about GAA meant she was looking at me shellshocked as she has never seen me so emotional about a game before:lol:

Nialler

Alex's Dad
same, its rare for me to burst into tears after any sport but i can vividly remember Big Sam coming to my school when i was a young lad, can remember the day so clearly when they won it in 1995 and remember holding it. all through that game i could only think about how its been 16 years since Dublin had won it and when they were trailing with 7 minutes to go i was gutted, to turn it around like that and win it so late on was just to much and i was blubbering with tears of joy, given the fact that the missus is english and hasnt a clue about GAA meant she was looking at me shellshocked as she has never seen me so emotional about a game before:lol:
My missus thinks I'm gone soft as well.

Just decked my dog out in a Dublin jersey and took him for a walk around Lusk!!!!

iSparky

My missus thinks I'm gone soft as well.

Just decked my dog out in a Dublin jersey and took him for a walk around Lusk!!!!
:lol: awesome!

Will they have a parade through Dublin then?

iSparky

Civic reception at 7pm tomorrow outside de Mansion House.

Where you based bro?
London:(

I wish I was back home in Dublin this weekend, would love to be able to soak up the atmosphere if I was there

Viper KGB

Lads this was the best day I've had as a Dublin fan. The hill was pumping from start to finish. There was some healthy banter with the Kerry fans aswell, a sporting occasion the way it should be.

Fair play to Gilroy and the boys

Sam is coming home, back to Molly Mallone. He's tired of cutting cabbages in Kerry and Tyrone.....

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
feckin yeeererrrhhhhh I'm pissaddd and im gettin worse!

Hill16 la la la hill 16 la la la

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Ok, I've had a chance to settle down and take it all in (4 glasses of wine have helped):

First of all, congrats to Dublin. Dublin are a fine team who've taken some serious beatings in Croke Park over the past couple of years but they've come back each time and improved steadily. I'm pleased for Pat Gilroy- he strikes me as a decent sort of bloke. And certainly far more sporting than some of his predecessors- Tommy Lyons and that twat Pillar Caffrey spring to mind.

When we went 4 points up with 10 minutes to go I thought it was game over. We'd stifled the supply line to your forwards and it wasn't looking good...a feeling echoed by large numbers of Dublin fans around me in the Hogan stand heading for the exit around the 61-minute mark. Of course, the comedy moment was the same bunch of fellas legging it back to their seats once the goal went in!

I have no idea who scored the goal for Dublin. I think it was Declan O'Sullivan who gave the ball away for Kerry, though (I haven't seen any highlights yet).

Anyway, good luck to Dublin. Enjoy it.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Back an hour. Was in the Hill for it. Met some good old characters, but young gimps grabbed my girlfriends flag and threw it into the crowd. Perplexed at this, I called him a fecking retard and told him he isnt a sporting person like all the other dubs I chatted too. He came out with the most pointless line, he is only 17 I'd say the troll, "This isnt sport, this is foooking life man". Oh how I laughed at that....

Some old fella, a fellow dub supporter, told him to piss off aswell.

The game was enjoyable. It meant more to herself than me, as I'm a corkman but she is a proper Kerry Football lass, and breathes the shit. So she was disapointed with the result. In fairness with 8 minutes to go and 4 points up, the few we travelled up with felt they had one hand on it.

Fair play to the dubs though. Deserved it really after their display. No captain who weared the no. 13 in an all ireland final has lifted the sam. Even I thought Gooch would change that today.

iSparky

watching it again on rte player, cant help myself

Name Changed

weso26
What was up with Cluxton at the end? He barely celebrated, walked off with the Kerry players and didn't do the lap of honour with the rest of the Dublin lads?

iSparky

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
Congrats to the Dubs, fully deserve to be All-Ireland Champs. I'm delighted to for their fans, they bring so much colour & atmosphere to the GAA. (ps; At least I predicted the Dubs to win Sam, at the outset....one of the few, I actually got right!)

To all you Dub RedCafers, enjoy,enjoy,enjoy.....!

iSparky

i couldnt shake the hangover from last nights celebrations so im drinking again. and its clearing up no joke

iSparky

i have watched this about a million times now

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
The foul occurred at 70:50, surely some time should've been added on for Cluxton's gimping around? I didn't see the game because of United but I assume the traditional 2 minutes of added time was as usual ludicrously short.

Well done Dublin though, nice to see a county going mental about winning an All-Ireland.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Ok, just watched a repeat of the game. I can't be arsed going into an in-depth analysis of what went on, but I'll say two things:

1. Ger Brennan should have been sent off for that forearm/elbow on Declan O'Sullivan. It was a fecking disgusting challenge.
2. If Cluxton wants to take an eternity to saunter up the pitch to take a free that's fine, what isn't fine is the ref not adding on time because of it.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I thought Ger Brennan lost it for us with that silly palm into the face of basketball boy.

If we lost I'd list all the cynical tactical fouls Kerry made, but the luxury of not having to is nice.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Sorry for the belated post, havent been on here all weekend. Congrats to the Dubs - well deserved win & looks good for the future too. Thought the Minors would have done it aswell, but some very good players amongst that young team. Congrats the Tipp in winning a thrilling All-Ireland!