Gaa 2013

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=204679

The Donegal GAA board have lost €18,000 in an internet scam.

The incident took place in early August when the county board treasurer's e-mail account was hacked and a mail was then sent to another board member instructing them to transfer £15,000 (€18,000) to a bank account in the U.K.

The Donegal Democrat reports that Gardai were notified a short time later and an investigation has been launched into the matter. It is alleged that the money was transferred to a bank in Reading, just outside London, but the bank was unable to stop the money from being withdrawn and the account was closed.

GAA insurance does not cover these type of incidents and it looks as if the Donegal Board have little chance of getting the money - See more at: http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=204679#sthash.MuVpKRxk.dpuf
Donegal pls

Gee Male

Clare SFC final
Cratloe (0,-) v Doonbeg (18, 2010), TBC, TBC
Kilrush Shamrocks (21**, 1987). Joint top in Munster with Fethard (Tipperary)

Am I right in saying that the winner of this has to play Ballinacourty 24 hours later?

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Some funny bits on this. Jelly babies, indeed!

He'd turn on a two pence :lol:

Reminds me of a saying an aul' uncle of mine does come with when he's loaded to the gills with whiskey about his 1979 reconditioned Ferguson 20 tractor, ''mighty yoke for drawing out turf below in the the bog now cause she'd feckin' float on water''.

I wouldn't mind but I'd say the same tractor must have been pulled out of bog holes 40 times by the Bord na Mona lads at this stage. Float on water me hole!

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
He'd turn on a two pence :lol:

Reminds me of a saying an aul' uncle of mine does come with when he's loaded to the gills with whiskey about his 1979 reconditioned Ferguson 20 tractor, ''mighty yoke for drawing out turf below in the the bog now cause she'd feckin' float on water''.

I wouldn't mind but I'd say the same tractor must have been pulled out of bog holes 40 times by the Bord na Mona lads at this stage. Float on water me hole!

:lol:

Is he full to the gills while on the bog?

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
When he's tanked he doesn't even bother going to the bog Big Papi, he'll shite in his pants above at the counter no bother. He does be red rotten half the time, you couldn't go near him.

Anyone watch Wexford's Oulart the Ballagh beat Offaly's Kilcormac-Kiloughy on TG ceathar today. They looked very good and it's not like that Kilcormac side are pushovers either. Clare's Sixmilebridge beat Middlton in the Munster semi as well, they'll be meeting Limericks Na Piarsaigh in the final. The hurling club championship is shaping up nicely now, whoever wins it will feckin' earn it that's for sure.

In the football Clare's Cratloe who had to play two matches in two days won as well, fair going that. They're in the Munster final against the gooch's Dr. Croakes.

Roscommon's St Brigids will be playing Mayo's Castlebar in the Connacht final.

And Donegals Glenswilly will be meeting Down's Ballinaderry above in the Ulster final.

There'll be nothing got to handy in any of them matches either.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Bumped to break up the cricket monotony. Our hurlers are playing in Castleknock on Sunday in the Leinster JHC Speshall Final. Ciaran Kilkenny will be playing for them. Hope it's a good result.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Doesnt seem to be a rugby thread, but Ireland are 14-0 up on the All Blacks after 15 minutes. Mad stuff.

BD

How can you give away a penalty with 10 seconds left when you have the ball?

Getsme

Jammy fecks. No problem with the try but they shouldn't have won the game, that conversion call was bullshit.
It was stupid of Ireland to charge, what was the point of it. The game was over the ref had no other choice but to have the conversation retaken. We should have played possession with only 90 seconds to go. I think we panicked a bit.
Cracking game, shit result.
Best has definitely broke his radial bone, bad news for a Ireland and Ulster :(

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Different codes involved but this weekend has shown why the All Blacks are winners.
The bastards never give up do they. You know it's coming, that's the worse bit. Soon as Sexton missed you knew the All Blacks would get one last go. They refuse to lose, it's an inbuilt thing.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
I don't know what Oulart are going to have to do to win that title. Mt Leinster Rangers.....what odds would you have gotten at the start of the year?

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Portlaoise v Vincents this weekend, with the two Vincents county players coming back. Connolly's 4 week ban was a joke. Stamping on a player carries 8 weeks but the Dublin pull works again. Anyway, Vincents will be MASSIVE favourites but Portlaoise have Cahir Healy and if he plays anything like he did in the semifinal, Portlaoise will have a great base from which to work.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Made a transfer the other day! Playing DIV5 this year I think.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Portlaoise v Vincents this weekend, with the two Vincents county players coming back. Connolly's 4 week ban was a joke. Stamping on a player carries 8 weeks but the Dublin pull works again. Anyway, Vincents will be MASSIVE favourites but Portlaoise have Cahir Healy and if he plays anything like he did in the semifinal, Portlaoise will have a great base from which to work.
I caught the end of this game. Was entertaining. Mossie Quinn still playing well.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Made a transfer the other day! Playing DIV5 this year I think.
Fair play to ye. I played that a few years back and enjoyed it but I'm past it now. Way down in Division ten north for me!

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
In Peregrines now. Hopefully get myself fit enough to move up the ranks.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
In Peregrines now. Hopefully get myself fit enough to move up the ranks.

I remember playing Peregrines when they were flying in Div6 (about 1998 or so) and they were roasting us, with our centre-back sent off. Twas a brilliant game on a warm Spring morning and Peregrines didn't know what happened them when we came back to win by 2.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
This is a further dilution of the provincial system. Cannot see this going through.

he football review committee have been unveiling their latest proposals today.
Among the suggestions are that each provincial championship will start with eight teams.
Preliminary ties, based on league position, would be played in Leinster and Ulster.
The losers of these games would go into the Connacht and Munster Championships to “even out” the provinces.
The committee have also called for the Senior club championship to be completed in the same calendar year.
They want provincial club finals to be played by the end of November and the All-Ireland Club Football final to be played in December, instead of the traditional St. Patrick’s Day Final.
They are also calling for a cut in the age of the minor grade from Under 18 to Under 17.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Hi folks, take a virtual look here at the new Casement pk........definetly woow factor!

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?u=/watch?v=eRSwZXUpiXE&feature=share&a=P-7a0uVJi2uREf_jK8ZGlg

Very nice. Didn't think they were going that far with. Pisses all over the Aviva, in terms of aesthetics anyway. Rugby World Cup, here we come!

What will we need?
Croke Park (82k), Aviva (50k), Ravenhill (20k?), Casement (38k), Pearse Stadium (40k), Semple Stadium (54k), new Pairc Uí Chaoimh (45k?) and O'Moore Park (30k)......

BD

That looks nice. Is it actually gonna happen or is it just a possibility?