Gabriel (Lille player) / signed for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMidfielders

It’s funny how random interneters have declared Di Marzio’s tweet as inaccurate from the get go. I mean, I don’t know either way of course, but people are treating this tweet as some sort of evidence that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
Some of us are sad enough to have been following transfer tweets for many years now. Di Marzio used to be a go to source who was often first to info and accurate. Nowadays he gets a lot wrong and seems to be more of an agent mouthpiece similar to other journalists. Maybe he's right on this but given his recent accuracy it's more likely to be incorrect.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Isn't the Bouhafsi guy the gold standard for French football transfers? He hasn't reported any interest from United so far.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Lille are trying to grift more money out of Arsenal, I see.
But nearly every every source already said, that the deal between Lille and Arsenal is already agreed. The same with Napoli, but Gabriel decided for Arsenal.

Most of them have no clue what is happening.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s funny how random interneters have declared Di Marzio’s tweet as inaccurate from the get go. I mean, I don’t know either way of course, but people are treating this tweet as some sort of evidence that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
People on here have decided long back that English press knows nothing while reputed journalists like Falk, Romano and Di Marzio don't know anything about Utd. So why do these people frequent the Transfer Rumours forum, I don't understand.:houllier:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
With CL next season United could have bigger chances than Arsenal in getting him, but on the other side Gabriel will simply play more in Arsenal, especially in their current state of defense.

dev1l

We should take a punt at that price to be fair. Only thing I worry about is whether we end up with deadwood next Summer.
Apparently his stats are very good and lately we re giving more importance to those

Nick7

He’ll sign for Arsenal. Lille will get more money and Arsenal can pretend like they beat us to his signing.

May be in the past. But I remember last year Romano was terrible, got lot of wrong while Di Marzio was spot on.
It was the opposite actually. Di Marzio got a lot wrong last summer.

tomaldinho1

With CL next season United could have bigger chances than Arsenal in getting him, but on the other side Gabriel will simply play more in Arsenal, especially in their current state of defense.
Dunno - neither of our CBs particularly covered themselves in glory this season although Maguire is virtually undroppable given his fee. Can see us sending Bailly the other way plus some cash.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Dunno - neither of our CBs particularly covered themselves in glory this season although Maguire is virtually undroppable given his fee. Can see us sending Bailly the other way plus some cash.
Not sure if that'll be the case but Gabriel has quite decent injury record. One injury, 9 days out in 19/20 according to Transfermarkt.

tomaldinho1

Not sure if that'll be the case but Gabriel has quite decent injury record. One injury, 9 days out in 19/20 according to Transfermarkt.
Music to my ears. I was thinking Bailly because obviously he speaks French but he is also a phenomenal prospect, he's just so injury prone.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’ll sign for Arsenal. Lille will get more money and Arsenal can pretend like they beat us to his signing.

It was the opposite actually. Di Marzio got a lot wrong last summer.
Sorry mistaken. I meant Romano got it right while Di Marzio got lot of wrong.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No way Bailly is going to play for Lille he could go to a much bigger club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's ages ago news. United was already been reported spoke to his agent about the personal deal. We just never put a bid to Lille.
It sounds like in this case, the differentiating factor seems to be which club can appeal to Gabriel the most. The fee is probably a formality.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Music to my ears. I was thinking Bailly because obviously he speaks French but he is also a phenomenal prospect, he's just so injury prone.
To be honest, both have some risk in them, but quoted price for Gabriel reduces that risk quite a lot. If Upamecano can't leave this summer, then 22m Gabriel can be one of not many alternatives for now.

Perhaps we'll be surpised when window gonna reach September and other potential targets emerge, but at least now we can't moan about lack of options on the market.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It sounds like in this case, the differentiating factor seems to be which club can appeal to Gabriel the most. The fee is probably a formality.
Nope. We are just not in is also the likely possibility. Asking for personal deal just in case if we end up with no other centre back, he's the cheaper option.

Centre back isn't the top priority after all, we are hunting for wingers first at the moment.

Giggsy13

Nothing is over until the player is holding up the shirt and signing the contract, Willian is proof of that. Gabriel may prefer us or PSG for champions league football.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nope. We are just not in is also the likely possibility. Asking for personal deal just in case if we end up with no other centre back, he's the cheaper option.

Centre back isn't the top priority after all, we are hunting for wingers first at the moment.
He might not be priority but that doesn't mean he's a player that would be signed last (if we were really interested in him). Going by this sort of logic, Dan James (winger) just have just been a priority ahead of Maguire (CB) last season?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Sky ribbon claiming we and Arse are in for him.
Prefer Benoit Badass myself

NoMidfielders

No surprise that we aren't actually in for him. Might be nice for us to actually be in for someone at some point though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He might not be priority but that doesn't mean he's a player that would be signed last (if we were really interested in him). Going by this sort of logic, Dan James (winger) just have just been a priority ahead of Maguire (CB) last season?
We were in for James while we waited until we sold Lukaku first to get Maguire.

This time we are not in for Gabriel and we are focusing on wingers first.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We were in for James while we waited until we sold Lukaku first to get Maguire.

This time we are not in for Gabriel and we are focusing on wingers first.
Being in for Gabriel or not is another matter to the crux of your point. You pointed to him "not being priority", but doesn't mean he wouldn't be signed first (if we were interested of course). And James is an example of this last season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What a nothing tweet this is
Hes just saying what the likely situation is. Our name gets brought up a lot in transfers when it isn't true. Almost definitely the case here, as Lille have regularly done it in the past.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Being in for Gabriel or not is another matter to the crux of your point. You pointed to him "not being priority", but doesn't mean he wouldn't be signed first (if we were interested of course). And James is an example of this last season.
Yeah but right back, winger & centre back were equally priority last season. Remember we were supposed to make Sancho as our target but he didn't want to come due to no CL so we went James.

This season we are focusing on wingers first and we might end up spending all our current budget on Sancho, it makes sense to secure this first before centre back. Why is it so difficult for you to understand this.

Suvvernmanc

No surprise that we aren't actually in for him. Might be nice for us to actually be in for someone at some point though.
True.! Shame woody is in the Maldives and its reported he didnt take his phone.

He does however have access to the fax machine in the resort managers office.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah but right back, winger & centre back were equally priority last season. Remember we were supposed to make Sancho as our target but he didn't want to come due to no CL so we went James.

This season we are focusing on wingers first and we might end up spending all our current budget on Sancho, it makes sense to secure this first before centre back. Why is it so difficult for you to understand this.
Because you're bullshitting. CB was the number one priority of the window and that was well reported.

It was also the biggest expenditure (as is Sancho this season), but that didn't mean we wouldn't tie down other areas on the pitch, provided the process was quick to do so.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Sport orn.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Because you're bullshitting. CB was the number one priority of the window and that was well reported.

It was also the biggest expenditure (as is Sancho this season), but that didn't mean we wouldn't tie down other areas on the pitch of the process was quick to do so.
Show me then. Don't just tell me it's bullshit when you can't even prove yourself right.

We made three positions as our priority last season. Priority means positions that the manager didn't want to finish the transfer window without signing the positions. The one we didn't make priority last year was attacking mid which is why we didn't sign Bruno in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.