Gabriel (Lille player) / signed for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Not sure we should be after any CB that Arsenal fancy. Their track record recently has been shocking.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not sure we should be after any CB that Arsenal fancy. Their track record recently has been shocking.
I don’t think we’re interested at all, really. Or if we are - interest was minimal. I think it’s clearly between Napoli and Arsenal.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If that is true that we want this guy, why wait so long??it just comes across as amateur and disorganised.
Or you wait it out to see what valuation a club is willing to accept for a player, once that is established and it is a price you are happy to pay, join the party late on and turn the players head whilst being able to offer him more (CL football in this instance)

Ekeke

To play 3 at the back we need two very good FB going forward, not the case here and we'll get destroyed in miedfield.
Our results tell a different story. Ole's cautious approach with 3 at the back and 2 fullbacks on the sides was successful, including beating City 3 times

Obviously if we had a more attacking option for leftback, or Fred was used there, then it does give us more attacking options. Dalot is fine for an attacking option at RWB

Ekeke

Or you wait it out to see what valuation a club is willing to accept for a player, once that is established and it is a price you are happy to pay, join the party late on and turn the players head whilst being able to offer him more (CL football in this instance)
All great if you know you're the biggest club that will be interested. But if another club comes in thats doing better than we are, then they're the ones that can offer more - unless its about money

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need something now with our skipper banged up abroad.

Gandalf

Our results tell a different story. Ole's cautious approach with 3 at the back and 2 fullbacks on the sides was successful, including beating City 3 times

Obviously if we had a more attacking option for leftback, or Fred was used there, then it does give us more attacking options. Dalot is fine for an attacking option at RWB
Agree with all except the bolded. Based on his performances it is clear that every member of the squad, including the goalkeepers, would make a better RWB than Dalot. If he stays at the club beyond this window I hope it is as kit man.

Ekeke

Agree with all except the bolded. Based on his performances it is clear that every member of the squad, including the goalkeepers, would make a better RWB than Dalot. If he stays at the club beyond this window I hope it is as kit man.
He's our best crosser from the right and he can beat a man dribbling with pace. Not great defensively but the things you actually want from an attacking player down the side he does well

Gandalf

He's our best crosser from the right and he can beat a man dribbling with pace. Not great defensively but the things you actually want from an attacking player down the side he does well
Sorry but he is an abysmal crosser, whenever he has played in an advanced position he has repeatedly blasted crosses straight out for goal kicks. He makes AWB look like prime Beckham in the crossing department.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sounds like this lad is holding out for us. Arsenal is still a great move for him I’d just sign the contract rather than waiting 70-80 working days for Woodward to come up with the money.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's no better than Bailly so I don't see the point.

It's just agent noise anyway, we aren't really interested.

Ekeke

Sorry but he is an abysmal crosser, whenever he has played in an advanced position he has repeatedly blasted crosses straight out for goal kicks. He makes AWB look like prime Beckham in the crossing department.
Yeah thats not true. He's been inconsistent but these are the main things he's done well with and hes been a threat from the right using them

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Is this guy actually any good?
French football correspondent on radio reckoned he was. Had a lot of complimentary things to say about him. Not least his great attitude allied to his football ability.

Really willing to learn and improve too.

I was impressed by the assessment

Gandalf

Yeah thats not true. He's been inconsistent but these are the main things he's done well with and hes been a threat from the right using them
He most certainly has not but clearly we are seeing different things when we watch him. I can't see him being a part of the future here, the only slight chance is if he goes out on loan to a smaller club for a season where he can work on his fundamentals and takes a great leap forward but he would definitely surprise me if he pulled it off.

Ekeke

He most certainly has not but clearly we are seeing different things when we watch him. I can't see him being a part of the future here, the only slight chance is if he goes out on loan to a smaller club for a season where he can work on his fundamentals and takes a great leap forward but he would definitely surprise me if he pulled it off.

If you have been watching, remind yourself.

hobbers

If Arsenal are seriously pushing to sign a centreback, for the last decade or more that has always been a really good indication that they're not a good centreback.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Gazillionth time our name has been used as leverage by player agents, selling clubs, and sensationalist press.

Some will never learn...

The United

If you have been watching, remind yourself.
That was a pretty useless video in showing how good Dalot is.

His positioning for a defender is pretty bad. His attacking was decent in his first few games then he started forgetting about his role and tried to become like Ronaldo by coming infield and shot at every chance. That's how I remember in his last few games. He would not become a good player for a club like United. He lacks a lot of things.

SirScholes

He's a centre back with good strength and pace. Although, not as strong as Maguire & Smalling, and not as rapid as Bailly.

His ball playing is nothing special from what I watch him (only watched him 2 matches). Not very good when under pressure.

He's not like Bailly but also not like Lindelof. So for people who thinks whether he's rush like Bailly, he's not.

His positioning is something he needs to improve. His awareness is also inconsistent, often I saw him looking around where his attackers, often I saw him just in panic mode unaware where his man is and just trying to block crossing. His anticipation skill when trying to clear the ball from crossing with either his feet & heading is probably one of his main asset.
All I read here is that he is not as good as our already fairly average back line haha

Ekeke

That was a pretty useless video in showing how good Dalot is.

His positioning for a defender is pretty bad. His attacking was decent in his first few games then he started forgetting about his role and tried to become like Ronaldo by coming infield and shot at every chance. That's how I remember in his last few games. He would not become a good player for a club like United. He lacks a lot of things.
He's good at the things you'd want from a player playing wingback with 3 CBs behind him and when your focus is to attack. Pace, can get past his man and put a good ball into the box.

He's bad at being at being a fullback because his defending is weak.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
27 million?
Arsenal come in and get him while we haven't signed one soul yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.