Gabriel (Lille player) / signed for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I dont reckon Arsenal is his number 1 choice. Else he'd have signed by now given they have supposedly agreed a fee and personal terms with him according to reports.

I still think he wants Napoli

AshRK

I sometimes would love if our club website openly refuses that we are after a linked player. Journalists would think twice beforw using our name.Real.madrid do that sometimes. The fact that how some journalists just use our name is a joke.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Show me then. Don't just tell me it's bullshit when you can't even prove yourself right.
Are you actually going to seriously consider that a center back was not the priority signing for Ole last summer window? Seriously, if that's the case just quit while you can.
We made three positions as our priority last season. Priority means positions that the manager didn't want to finish the transfer window without signing the positions. The one we didn't make priority last year was attacking mid which is why we didn't sign Bruno in the summer.
So now you're saying priority has feck all to do with timing in the window (which was my point). Which one is it? If we want a center back, and he's available for 20m, and we value him at 20m - we would have gone for him.
If we wanted James, we got him. Maguire was the more important signing, but James was quicker to finish. You linking Lukaku to Maguire is extremely bizzare, suggesting that had Inter not expressed an interest or if the deal collapsed, we would have somehow pulled out of the Maguire deal. That is absolute and utter bollocks.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are you actually going to seriously consider that a center back was not the priority signing for Ole last summer window? Seriously, if that's the case just quit while you can.
No!! Are you not reading? I told you winger, centre back & right back were the three priority.

So now you're saying priority has feck all to do with timing in the window (which was my point). Which one is it? If we want a center back, and he's available for 20m, and we value him at 20m - we would have gone for him.
If we wanted James, we got him. Maguire was the more important signing, but James was quicker to finish. You linking Lukaku to Maguire is extremely bizzare, suggesting that had Inter not expressed an interest or if the deal collapsed, we would have somehow pulled out of the Maguire deal. That is absolute and utter bollocks.
You are having problems of reading!! I never said priority has feck all with timing in the window. I told you priority means is the absolute targets, and the three of the positions were the absolute targets. Whichever we get first out of three don't matter because they were all Ole's priority.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No!! Are you not reading? I told you winger, centre back & right back were the three priority.

You are having problems of reading!! I never said priority has feck all with timing in the window. I told you priority means is the absolute targets, and the three of the positions were the absolute targets.
You spoke about "equal priority".
Equal priority my arse: https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-reveals-harry-maguire-was-his-number-one-transfer-target#:~:text=Ole: Maguire was my number one target&text=Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar,one transfer target this summer.

Ole: " “I'm delighted that we got Harry in,” Ole told reporters. “He's going to be great for this club. He was my number one target, and of course it took some time, but it does sometimes take time."

manuchamp88

I sometimes would love if our club website openly refuses that we are after a linked player. Journalists would think twice beforw using our name.Real.madrid do that sometimes. The fact that how some journalists just use our name is a joke.
True, but then it would make it more obvious who we are in for which United clearly don't want either.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You spoke about "equal priority".
Equal priority my arse: https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-reveals-harry-maguire-was-his-number-one-transfer-target#:~:text=Ole: Maguire was my number one target&text=Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar,one transfer target this summer.

Ole: " “I'm delighted that we got Harry in,” Ole told reporters. “He's going to be great for this club. He was my number one target, and of course it took some time, but it does sometimes take time."
Number one target of what? Of his centre back list? There is no report say centre back was his no one. Are you telling me Ole will be fine if we just sign centre back only without winger James and full back Bissaka?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Number one target of what? Of his centre back list? There is no report say centre back was his no one. Are you telling me Ole will be fine if we just sign centre back only without winger James and full back Bissaka?
:lol: just give up mate. This is too much.

LonelyFire

It’s so obviously a ploy to force more money out of someone. I don’t think we’ve ever even looked at him.

El-Manos

If that is true that we want this guy, why wait so long??it just comes across as amateur and disorganised.

Brophs

The One and Only
"While Arsenal remain in pole position for the centre-back..."

And then another dozen paragraphs, all trying to disguise the fact it's bollocks.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why would we go bidding for players when they’re practically through the door at another club? Weird.

Chief123

The journalists have had an absolute shocker using our name to link us to the player. Everyone knows it’s bullshit as soon as they said within 48 hours. Woodward doesn’t do deals in less than 48 days!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Oh yeah, that stemmed from you thinking they'd be in for Grealish :lol:
I'm pretty sure I said they'd be in for creative player not just Grealish. Oh hey, nothing is surprising isn't it that you love to twist it up to suit your argument just like how you did it on Ole's quote on Maguire. :lol:

At least at the end you finally knew that Arsenal did put the position into their priority list. ;)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm pretty sure I said they'd be in for creative player not just Grealish. Oh hey, nothing is surprising isn't it that you love to twist it up to suit your argument just like how you did it on Ole's quote on Maguire. :lol:

At least at the end you finally knew that Arsenal did put the position into their priority list. ;)
Arsenal acted on an opportunity with a free transfer. The mental gymnastics to try and use that as a reason for them to be in for Grealish (which was your actual point, because you linked them to the player in the Jack Grealish thread) is something else. Without derailing the thread, just refer to your original post in the Jack Grealish thread and leave it there ;)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If that is true that we want this guy, why wait so long??it just comes across as amateur and disorganised.
Can everyone stop labelling every fecking thing in the transfer market ‘amateur’ or ‘disorganised’ from the club? Like, for one day! As if we have the foggiest about how this shit really works.

NoMidfielders

Sky now reporting United "have held discussions with Gabriel Magalhães' representatives. However, it is understood their interest in the player is unlikely to go any further". In other words, the club have told them it's a load of rubbish but they can't go against what they said just a few hours ago.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Arsenal acted on an opportunity with a free transfer. The mental gymnastics to try and use that as a reason for them to be in for Grealish (which was your actual point) is something else. Without derailing the thread, just refer to your original post in the Jack Grealish thread and leave it there ;)
The original debate was me saying that if there is a club who was desperate for creative player like Grealish's quality (which Willian is) is Arsenal but you denied it as you believed they aren't desperate for one. I think the Willian's signing pretty much confirmed it. :p

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The original debate was me saying that if there is a club who was desperate for creative player like Grealish's quality (which Willian is) is Arsenal but you denied it as you believed they aren't desperate for one. I think the Willian's signing pretty much confirmed it. :p
Wilian is currently on par with Grealish? Now I've heard everything.
You do know free transfers create opportunities for clubs to act, even if they aren't crying out for that position, right? Anyway lets just drop it.
Do people rate him?
I recall other posters thinking he was alright but that nothing special. That Brighton fella looks like he has more about him in terms of hype.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Wilian is currently on par with Grealish? Now I've heard everything.
I forgot you are Grealish fan boy.

You do know free transfers create opportunities for clubs to act, even if they aren't crying out for that position, right? Anyway lets just drop it.
They wouldn't dare to give 220k p/w on 3 years contract if they don't need a creative player. That's right we shouldn't making this too complicated because Willian's signing pretty much confirmed it, simple. ;)

Traub

Is this a Willian situation? I wouldn’t mind is signing him just for the AFTV meltdown (even though they didn’t know he existed about two weeks ago).

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Mike McGrath seems to be making out we’re very much in the frame. That SSN article is awful. They haven’t a clue.

SwedishFish

Don't think its real, don't really know enough about the player to fully care either. But feck me wouldn't it be funny if we swept in and took him from Arsenal at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.