Gabriel (Lille player) / signed for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Sign him and he can take his place in the graveyard of 'bargain' CB's at Utd.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Noticed that he's not playing in the Lille v Rennes game tonight. This is done and he's off.

The other thing is that there is a crowd in tonight too, spaced apart

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Thank christ for that. Pairing up a relatively unknown Brazilian CB with Harry Maguire? Just doesn't seem very much like Ole's style does it?

He might be the next Thiago Silva for all I know but did anyone honestly ever think that was the plan? Think our name has been used to force a deal here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
surprise surprise we weren’t in for him at all.

looks like arsenal are sticking to their back 3 next year.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Hope we get some commission for the use of our name to get the money sorted.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Seems weird how Lille were more than happy to sell him for 30 million euros.

Gash?
I don't think price determines how a player will develop and perform for a club. It all depends on the coach and his plans, strategy and system. We sold Tierney for £25m and it's fair to say, for that price, he has been brilliant so far. Some of the players we bought dirt-cheap and sold have turned out to be big stars in big leagues.

Flying_Heckfish

Thank christ for that. Pairing up a relatively unknown Brazilian CB with Harry Maguire? Just doesn't seem very much like Ole's style does it?

He might be the next Thiago Silva for all I know but did anyone honestly ever think that was the plan? Think our name has been used to force a deal here.
Not at all.

This isn't how we do business, at all. We're all about the drawn-out sagas.

zenith

Good for Arsenal, but there was nothing to suggest that he was an improvement over our current CB's

Dve

Not fuzzed about missing out on Gabriel at all, to be honest. Not that I have seen him playing much, but just by the look of his eyes, he doesn´t seem like the calm, relaxed kind of person you would want at center back. A silly argument, you could say, but balance is reportedly one of his weaknesses (scout report), and balance has everything to do with psyche.

Craig Ward

Similar to Ake, i think we scouted him but didnt really follow through.

Worryingly though - they both look better than Lindelof.

Seems like a good deal for Arsenal, who also have Mari and Saliba to come. They;re defense doesnt seem so bad all of a sudden. Wonder why they renewed Luiz really

JazzG

Resident Arse.
They;re defense doesnt seem so bad all of a sudden. Wonder why they renewed Luiz really
A lot of potential but not a lot of experience. Luiz has his brain farts but otherwise he is a decent player, the reason he isn't more highly rated is you know he his moments of madness. Off the pitch I think he has be really good to the youngsters and a real leader for us.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Similar to Ake, i think we scouted him but didnt really follow through.

Worryingly though - they both look better than Lindelof.

Seems like a good deal for Arsenal, who also have Mari and Saliba to come. They;re defense doesnt seem so bad all of a sudden. Wonder why they renewed Luiz really
Agree. Renewing Luiz was totally pointless and unnecessary, with so many better defenders the guy no longer serves any purpose and is most likely to be benched a lot.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Agree. Renewing Luiz was totally pointless and unnecessary, with so many better defenders the guy no longer serves any purpose and is most likely to be benched a lot.
Experience and good to have a brazilian CB to learn from. This will make his integration a lot faster. Don't know if he learned any bit of french if he ends up partnering Saliba.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Experience and good to have a brazilian CB to learn from. This will make his integration a lot faster. Don't know if he learned any bit of french if he ends up partnering Saliba.
I'm sure there might still be some use for him but I'm not sure it justifies his wages.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I'm sure there might still be some use for him but I'm not sure it justifies his wages.
"David Luiz's new much-maligned contract extension at Arsenal was only offered to the defender after he agreed to take a 'significant' reduction on his £120,000-per-week salary."

He's still going to play his fair share of games next season. If he can tone down his mistakes compared to this season's insane amount, it will be a non-issue and a good player to have around. Saliba did ok in a friendly today but you can see he has work to do. Hopefully Gabriel will be able to perform a bit quicker.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Only Fulham mind...they are going to struggle again I fear. Leeds and WBA are far better equipped financially to survive in this league

Alexit

Only Fulham mind...they are going to struggle again I fear. Leeds and WBA are far better equipped financially to survive in this league
My thoughts exactly, but as they say you can only play who is in front of you. Kudos to him for the solid start; grabbed a goal too!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My thoughts exactly, but as they say you can only play who is in front of you. Kudos to him for the solid start; grabbed a goal too!
Didn't he nearly gift Fulham a goal in the beginning of the game?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Fulham without Mitrovic today is basically mid table Championship. They need to buy player if they are thinking about surviving in PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.