Gabriel Veron

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Been burned too many times with these South American journalists.
Would still prefer Sancho. We need players that can come in immediately.

Bertie Wooster

He looks a good prospect but I've learned not to pay much attention to the endless number of players we're linked with and rarely buy.

It becomes relentless - especially during the transfer windows - and a huge amount are just made up links by journalists or agents.

I show interest when the link starts to become credible and more official, but until then I just assume the vast majority are in the 'made up, never going to happen' category.

-Supreme-

After signing the next Messi with Amad, we are moving onto getting the next Neymar :drool:

Trex

Seem consistent with our new philosophy of buying youth, we could be like Dortmund but with the ability to retain our best talents and compliment it with Big signings, if that's Murtough work am in full support.

lenny_1248

Every transfer window United are connected with some young players from Brazil.
In the end, nothing happens.

Devil may care

He'd be a cheaper option than Sancho, Raphina and Neto, bigger risk though and we just bought two maybes.

SATA

We don’t buy South Americans from South American clubs especially for such costly sums. Who was the last one before Pellistri and he was a cheap one

Bertie Wooster

We don’t buy South Americans from South American clubs especially for such costly sums. Who was the last one before Pellistri and he was a cheap one
The Brazilian based football journalist Tim Vickery always says it's probably better for most South American players to go to a smaller European club or league first and acclimatise to the European game before going to the huge CL clubs.

Obviously there's special talents who are ready to cope with the pressure and expectation as a teenager, but for most it's probably best to go to smaller clubs or leagues like Portugal, Russia, etc, first.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Brazilian based football journalist Tim Vickery always says it's probably better for most South American players to go to a smaller European club or league first and acclimatise to the European game before going to the huge CL clubs.

Obviously there's special talents who are ready to cope with the pressure and expectation as a teenager, but for most it's probably best to go to smaller clubs or leagues like Portugal, Russia, etc, first.
We have lots of spanish/portuguese speakers in our squad so they'd be perfectly fine here IMO. It's not like they're going straight to Burnley or Stoke where they wouldnt fit in.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I would be wary or cautious. I remember reading a story about how they start hyping up all these South Americans just to get a good price from them. So you just dont know. He could be really good. It is hard not to be cynical though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
City have dealt with them before and we don’t ever see us tying up any other deals during the season so if I was betting I would put my money on city. He looks class but the jump up is still massive. It could still take him years to be nearly as effective in the PL but ya he should be a good signing for whoever gets him. I hope we do really start mixing it up in the South American market either way. There are surely bargains to be had.

Bertie Wooster

We have lots of spanish/portuguese speakers in our squad so they'd be perfectly fine here IMO. It's not like they're going straight to Burnley or Stoke where they wouldnt fit in.
It's not so much about learning the language, or acclimatising off the pitch - although that's a part of it, obviously.

It's about a youngster dealing with the bigger expectations and scrutiny at a bigger club, while adjusting to the higher standard and faster pace of game in Europe. Obviously some are of an exceptional ability that they can do that, such as Neymar. Others who are coming over as first team players seem to be better starting off at smaller clubs / leagues first before, having adjusted and impressed, earning a move to the bigger clubs / leagues.

There's no hard and fast rule, obviously, and it depends on the individuals ability and mental strength - but it's something that Tim Vickery often recommendeds for many of the younger players who are linked with a move to Europe.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not so much about learning the language, or acclimatising off the pitch - although that's a part of it, obviously.

It's about a youngster dealing with the bigger expectations and scrutiny at a bigger club, while adjusting to the higher standard and faster pace of game in Europe. Obviously some are of an exceptional ability that they can do that, such as Neymar. Others who are coming over as first team players seem to be better starting off at smaller clubs / leagues first before, having adjusted and impressed, earning a move to the bigger clubs / leagues.

There's no hard and fast rule, obviously, and it depends on the individuals ability and mental strength - but it's something that Tim Vickery often recommendeds for many of the younger players who are linked with a move to Europe.
Gabriel Jesus managed fine.

I get what you're saying but that's exactly the same for every player no matter where you come from. It's best for the club to evaluate him first, if he isn't ready then loan him like we did with Pellestri.

If they're asking for 40m+ though he best be ready.

BlahRules

Lucas Moura was the last South American wonderkid we have attempted to sign but he rejected us to join up with Leonardo at PSG. South Americans was not able to come to the PL due to work permit issues and also the environment. Jesus has said he hates the weather and was tricked by Fernandinho.

SATA

Caicedo was apparently the Kante of Ecuador but now he’s playing in the Brighton reserves. I would be wary of these South American duds coming to Europe for big money without the said talent but all hype. Robinho and Neymar were probably the only good ones to come out of there so far

dablem_10

Caicedo was apparently the Kante of Ecuador but now he’s playing in the Brighton reserves. I would be wary of these South American duds coming to Europe for big money without the said talent but all hype. Robinho and Neymar were probably the only good ones to come out of there so far
Lautaro adjusted to european football very fine i would say. Renan Lodi or Bruno Guimaraes as well

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Probably too cold for him in Manchester. Should go somewhere like Donetsk.

Nick7

You can’t seriously be calling Caicedo a dud after two months? He also didn’t cost “big money”.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They're reporting that United want to send him on loan and Sporting CP is a option.

Not the most reliable report but he definitely has the ability to be the versatile forward in the mid to long-term.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They're reporting that United want to send him on loan and Sporting CP is a option.

Not the most reliable report but he definitely has the ability to be the versatile forward in the mid to long-term.
Yeah, trash source but an interesting link.