Gabriel Veron

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Rumours emanating from Brazil that one of the Manchester clubs has purchased the young forward for €50m.

manuchamp88

Rumours emanating from Brazil that one of the Manchester clubs has purchased the young forward for €50m.

A teenage, South-American forward who can play the same position as Amad, Greenwood and Dan James? Can't wait to see him play a couple of games for the u23s before being loaned out to Spanish relegation fodder :drool:

But seriously, nearly £45 million for someone from the Brazilian league sounds more like City than us. Even if he's the next Neymar, I can't see us spending that much on someone from a poorer league when we could get someone from a European league for that money and what's more, someone more proven.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It could be City but it also fits into our strategy of buying the best teenagers in world football.

If the news is true which Fernando Fernandes is reporting, then I'm leaning towards us being the team in question.

Tarrou

we usually have about eight months of fannying around before we buy a player for this much

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This guy is supposedly the top prospect in South America right now, right? I remember the name from when we were hashing out the odd transfer saga with Moises.

Red Stone

Won't this guy be 30 within the next 30 years? Not sure about this, to be honest.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I’d love to see how the intel looked originally. You get the tip about one of the biggest transfers around, but the call is interrupted right when the source is about to give you the crucial bit of information, which Manchester club it is...

jeepers

Hasn’t City been linked to another Brazilian, Kayky, who is the latest to be compared to Neymar? Left footer who plays on the right wing. 17 year old from Fluminense.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I’d love to see how the intel looked originally. You get the tip about one of the biggest transfers around, but the call is interrupted right when the source is about to give you the crucial bit of information, which Manchester club it is...
Exactly this. Which Manchester club is the ultimate in clickbait!

The Urban Goose

Won't be us, there's been no prior news of us preparing a bid, or even a photo of Matt Judge in his car.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
The news has been dismissed by Palmeiras. Also I really doubt he will go for a fee that high. Gabriel Jesus went for 30m, for instance

DarkRed

Can he play as a striker or only on the wing? because we are beginning to be overloaded with wingers all of the sudden.

DarkRed

The news has been dismissed by Palmeiras. Also I really doubt he will go for a fee that high. Gabriel Jesus went for 30m, for instance
Very much like us the give them majority in addons - 20m when he wins champions league and 20m when he wins ballon d'or...

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Please let it be us!

edit it’s most likely City just being efficient and getting deals done early. This doesn’t feel like us at all.
probably just clickbait ... but given we have just brought diallo and pellestri as well as greenwood playing on the right I think its unlikley we but another young up and coming right winger

arthurka

I don´t give a shit but I want once to get a Brazilian Wonderkid... Let´s have him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can he play as a striker or only on the wing? because we are beginning to be overloaded with wingers all of the sudden.
I watched him play in the u17 world cup a few years back and even created a thread in the FF discussing the tournament which Brazil went on to win with Gabriel Veron being crowned the best player in the tournament.

From what I saw of him, he can play as a wide forward, striker or second striker. He's naturally right footed so I can see him being deployed as the LWF or central striker, whether that be as the most advanced forward or just off the main striker.

I haven't watched him at first team level. But @NYAS is someone who does watch South American football and would be best placed to evaluate his potential when it comes to where he will be deployed long-term.

DarkRed

I watched him play in the u17 world cup a few years back and even created a thread in the FF discussing the tournament which Brazil went on to win with Gabriel Veron being crowned the best player in the tournament.

From what I saw of him, he can play as a wide forward, striker or second striker. He's naturally right footed so I can see him being deployed as the LWF or central striker, whether that be as the most advanced forward or just off the main striker.

I haven't watched him at first team level. But @NYAS is someone who does watch South American football and would be best placed to evaluate his potential when it comes to where he will be deployed long-term.
LWF belongs to Marcus Rashford MBE, Rashford is not that good at other forward positions although he wants to play as a striker for some bizarre reason.
Don't think we would pay so much money for competition to Rashford, while right wing and striker positions are more open.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Get Richarlson vibes watching his comps and could be someone we go for, but I still think we've show more interested in proper centre forwards. If I was to bet, I'd probably say it's City rather than us.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Like with Amad?

How can we buy brazilian kids now anyway when nobody knows wtf is with work permits post brexit?
Wow. I don’t even know where to start.
How is the UKs relationship with Brazil, and Brazilians getting UK work permits impacted by the UK leaving the European Union?

Bondi77

I would think Citeh over us and the reasons are that Aguero is gone in the summer and the young man has said he wants to follow Jesus.
I suppose in our favour apparently he play sd on the right but we have just bought Amad and Facundo who are the same age and play on the right.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Wow. I don’t even know where to start.
How is the UKs relationship with Brazil, and Brazilians getting UK work permits impacted by the UK leaving the European Union?
Wow, it seems pretty complicated and the UK will have to relax its rules on players from the rest of the world post Brexit. The ability to sign someone from Nigeria or Brazil then put them in a Dutch club for 3 years (Chelsea/Vitesse) has now disappeared due to Brexit.

Here is an article on it.

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020...e-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

Adnan

Talent Spotter
All a bit of a mystery right now so take this with a pinch of salt.

But the initial report about the player joining either United or City was first revealed by Fernando Fernandes (who is a band TV journalist in Brazil) who is considered a respected old school journo, who doesn't delve into transfer news as per the below SW article. A couple of journos on Globo TV then denied the claims, but Fernando Fernandes will reveal the name of the Manchester club later today on live tv. His employers band have also written a article on the story and they credit Fernando Fernandes with the news, but they have reported that both Manchester clubs are looking to pay between €25m to €30m.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Wow, it seems pretty complicated and the UK will have to relax its rules on players from the rest of the world post Brexit. The ability to sign someone from Nigeria or Brazil then put them in a Dutch club for 3 years (Chelsea/Vitesse) has now disappeared due to Brexit.

Here is an article on it.

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020...e-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/
Therefore we shouldn’t sign a South American players in case work permit laws are relaxed? I’m confused.

If you made a mistake with your geography it’s not a problem. It happens. The blog written by a child doesn’t help you.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Therefore we shouldn’t sign a South American players in case work permit laws are relaxed? I’m confused.

If you made a mistake with your geography it’s not a problem. It happens. The blog written by a child doesn’t help you.
There is no need for confusion. I was just unsure of the ramifications with work permits post brexit. Also I am fine with geography (A level and all that old chap)