Game 36: Sweden vs Belgium

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Zlatan will score in his last match for the national team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The winner of this will most likely finish second, which will result in a game against Croatia, no? If Belgium ever had a chance to go real far it would definitely be now. Assuming they win, Croatia would be the hardest side they'd face until the finals.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Zlatans not going out like a pussy, expect to see him come out swinging and kicking. All will kneel before Zlatan, the mighty conqueror.

Sweden 3-0 Belgium. Zlatan hattrick.
Zlatans last stand continues, the age of Ibra lives to fight another day.

Siorac

The winner of this will most likely finish second, which will result in a game against Croatia, no? If Belgium ever had a chance to go real far it would definitely be now. Assuming they win, Croatia would be the hardest side they'd face until the finals.
No, the runner-up of this group will face the winner of Group F. Most likely Portugal but it might be Hungary or Iceland.

fREDhead

Belgian media mocking Zlatan. "Clown, cowboy, icoon" and "Adieu Zlatan".

Huge mistake, just see how that turned out for Denmark :lol:

There is just no way Zlatan will leave a tournament without some magic so I'm hoping for a very good game.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Belgium was lucky to not go a goal down to Ireland and continue with 10 men, and now they are really confident like they don't only have good players, but also a decent manager. They will probably go through, but they're really fragile and they look they're about to panic if they are a goal down.

El-Manos

Confident we'll win this. I always believed Ireland would be tougher to be beat than Sweden, going from what I've have seen so far. Going for a 2-0 victory to Belgium, and Italy to draw Ireland tonight. Carrasco and dembele declared fit according to Belgian reports, which is good news. Would start the same team tonight that played against Ireland. Play De Bruyne central, meunier at RB and include dembele.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Belgium starting XI apparently:

• 1 Courtois (G)
  • 2 Alderweireld
  • 3 Vermaelen
  • 4 Nainggolan
  • 5 Vertonghen
  • 6 Witsel
  • 7 De Bruyne
  • 9 R. Lukaku
  • 10 Hazard (C)
  • 11 Carrasco
  • 16 Meunier

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
And Sweden…

• 1 Isaksson (G)
  • 3 E. Johansson
  • 4 Granqvist
  • 5 M. Olsson
  • 6 Forsberg
  • 7 S. Larsson
  • 8 Ekdal
  • 9 Källström
  • 10 Ibrahimović (C)
  • 11 Berg
  • 14 Lindelöf

Ainu

If we don't lose this, we get Hungaria in the next round and can't play any of Spain, Germany, England, Portugal, Italy or France until the final. Feck me!

Edit: spoke too soon, Iceland's late winner put Portugal back in our half. We could get them in the semis then I think.

Last edited:

AllezLesDiables

If we don't lose this, we get Hungaria in the next round and can't play any of Spain, Germany, England, Portugal, Italy or France until the final. Feck me!

Edit: spoke too soon, Iceland's late winner put Portugal back in our half. We could get them in the semis then I think.

Just need a draw but also would like too see the team actually play well and cohesively. The draw is perfectly set up if Belgium finishes 2nd, which makes it feel like they'll f it up somehow.

Ainu

Just need a draw but also would like too see the team actually play well and cohesively. The draw is perfectly set up if Belgium finishes 2nd, which makes it feel like they'll f it up somehow.
Of course, I was just stating the minimum requirement. We'll need to grow in the tournament to get into the latter stages, even if we avoid some of the stongest teams. Let's hope we build on that second half against Ireland.

Sigma

If Sweden beat Belgium one of Sweden, Hungary, Wales or Northern Ireland/Turkey will reach the semi final :lol:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Berg...Larsson...Hamrén should be catapulted into the English Channel.
The man's a joke but the swedish FA seriously needs to revamp the youth system here in Sweden. It's not ok that countries with smaller populations, worse infrastructure and worse economy seem to almost always produce players yet our 2nd best player is...erm...

montpelier

Belgium need to avoid getting smashed, Ireland & Sweden must win.

Is that right?

and Italy can't avoid winning the Group

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'm looking forward to this game and I'm going to judge whether or not Zlatan is good enough for us entirely on the next 90 minutes.

Man-United

Will Zlatan tell where he's gonna play next season tonight, if Sweden goes out?

marlowe78

Expecting Belgium to win pretty easily. Some real quality in that lineup.

ti vu

Belgium have got their best XI out.
Understandable. On paper, getting Hungary is not as pain in the ass as potentially getting Wales or much worse France. Not counting the scenario both Sweden and Ireland win