Game 9: Ireland vs Sweden

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Considering the players Ireland have they did real well imo.Played very well first half and should have been 1 up at ht.If Hendrick's shot was 6 inches lower if would be a contender for goal of the tournament.
I thought Ireland tired in the 2nd half, don't think Walters is fit and don't think McCarthy offers much.Whelan, Hendrick (motm) and Hoolahan did most for the cause.
Sweden are a pretty limited team, big, strong , athletic but nothing special apart from Zlatan.
The Italians looked very impressive last night, dark horses?

Parry Gallister

Considering the players Ireland have they did real well imo.Played very well first half and should have been 1 up at ht.If Hendrick's shot was 6 inches lower if would be a contender for goal of the tournament.
I thought Ireland tired in the 2nd half, don't think Walters is fit and don't think McCarthy offers much.Whelan, Hendrick (motm) and Hoolahan did most for the cause.
Sweden are a pretty limited team, big, strong , athletic but nothing special apart from Zlatan.
The Italians looked very impressive last night, dark horses?
Yeah Italians seem very canny. Proud of our support too -https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/euro-2016-republic-of-ireland-fans-solidarity-northern-ireland-fan some of the videos on the page are fecking funny

iKeano

Not sure I've ever been to a game that had a better atmosphere, it was genuinely electric. When Amhrán na bhFiann was blasting out around the spectacular stadium decked out in yellow & green... genuinely a very special moment. As for when Houli rattled the net.... jesus wept!

From a football viewpoint, I'd have taken a draw before the game. Just felt more like a loss 'cause they were there for the taking. Should have had a few before the half & an OG is always a cruel way to drop points.
On the plus side, looks like Zlatan is Manchester bound & he's proven that he's still a handful. We need a result against Belgium & after my constant bad-mouthing of Fellaini, I fully expect him to score against us! I only hope we can bang a few more in their end. #COYBIG!