Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

onemanarmy

there are youtube videos of people filming their friends/girlfriend when watching the Red Wedding. Epic :)

Sylar

there are youtube videos of people filming their friends/girlfriend when watching the Red Wedding. Epic :)
Ive seen the one for the Viper/mountain but not that one. Can only imagine given the reaction on twitter lol.

Blackwater is still the show's best episode. It was exhilarating from start to finish.
Yep, my fav episode. Visually fantastic too but overall just great from minute one to the last.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Episode 8 was a classic example of a GoT episode looking great on reflection due to the mental twist/shock that occurs, but in reality around 80% of the episode was really boring and only the last 10 minutes were quality.

Blackwater is still the show's best episode. It was exhilarating from start to finish.
Agree, Blackwater is a stunning episode, visually phenomenal, brilliantly shot, brilliantly paced and brilliantly acted.

GloryHunter07

Arya is terrific. Keen to know more about her assassin buddy and what they're doing. I reckon her story might be a bit slow this season but will build up to something epic. I'm glad she didn't throw her sword in the water.

Excellent scene between Margaery & Cersei, thought it encapsulated how much they hate each other without dragging it on too long.

Didn't see the proposed marriage of Ramsey & Sansa coming. I was a bit disgusted when Sansa met Bolton, the Red Wedding scene instantly came to mind at that point. Quite clever from Bolton & Littlefinger, although I'm not sure if Littlefinger actually cares for her and is giving her a chance to do something or is making a play solely for himself. Either way, he's a genius cnut. Hope he dies a brutal death.

So far we've seen too much of man-beast and Pod. Hopefully their story leads somewhere soon because I'm getting a bit bored with it.

In contrast the scenes between Jon & Stannis are fantastic. I really hope he goes with Stannis.

Tyrion is awesome.
The dynamic between Jon and Stannis is really interesting, i can see a strong alliance forming there.

Im not really sure what Littlefinger is up to, I suspect that he wants to control the North through Sansa. I doubt he is just planning on letting the Boltons get away with killing Katelin who he adored.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The dynamic between Jon and Stannis is really interesting, i can see a strong alliance forming there.

Im not really sure what Littlefinger is up to, I suspect that he wants to control the North through Sansa. I doubt he is just planning on letting the Boltons get away with killing Katelin who he adored.
Doh! Can't believe I had to read this to get it. Of course, he's there to stick a knife up Bolton's arse. Wouldn't be surprised if he's working on a red wedding 2 since the first one was such a hit at the box office. ;)

Ainu

I can't see that being Littlefinger's main motivation. Sure he loved Catelyn but more than anything he loves himself. If he can betray and kill Bolton he'll not let that chance slip but that's probably more of a bonus. Whatever he's plotting, his main goal is getting as much power and riches as possible for himself. I just don't really see how. I don't think he is just gambling on him being able to control Sansa, especially not if she's married to a Bolton. Time will tell.

GloryHunter07

I can't see that being Littlefinger's main motivation. Sure he loved Catelyn but more than anything he loves himself. If he can betray and kill Bolton he'll not let that chance slip but that's probably more of a bonus. Whatever he's plotting, his main goal is getting as much power and riches as possible for himself. I just don't really see how. I don't think he is just gambling on him being able to control Sansa, especially not if she's married to a Bolton. Time will tell.
He wont have a shot at power in the north until the Boltons are gone.

GloryHunter07

Doh! Can't believe I had to read this to get it. Of course, he's there to stick a knife up Bolton's arse. Wouldn't be surprised if he's working on a red wedding 2 since the first one was such a hit at the box office. ;)
I only just figured it out myself! Theres no way he wont try to nail the Boltons, but not sure how he will do it.

Also think that the Northerners will unite behind Sansa or Jon, or both.

Sylar

Do want to see how all the Starks play into this. Sansa will look to control the north through marriage. Surely Jon has a higher purpose in all of this(if he doesnt get killed lol), Arya is training to be a faceless assassin but kept her sword given to her by Jon, and Bran can control people / creatures (hope he can do this with a dragon haha). Rickon seems most useless though.

Want to see what happens once they meet, whilst there have been close encounters, they havent really met since season 1 have they?

2E_MUFC

Not going to read any posts in this thread yet because im in season 3.... but all I will say is i've just watched The Red Wedding episode :eek::eek::eek::mad:

S5E04 - Sons of the Harpy

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
RIP Ser Barristan

Good timing for Jorah Mormont to go back to her queen

Not much really happened in this episode...

ps. Cersei is going crazy... probably gonna get killed by her own army of religious fanatics.

ps2. Melisandre :drool:

Last edited:

Kazi

Can finally join back in with the discussion.

I must admit, after I watched the first episode, I decided the watch the remaining leaked episode three weeks ago. And it was a disappointment. I mean, It was still high quality television, but feel like it's been the worst season so far. Could be because I watched all the episodes at once. Too many of the storylines not engrossing me, and no new character has been able to freshen it up like Oberyn did last season.

Anyway, Jon Snow's storyline has been brilliant. In fact, everything at Castle Black has been. Agree with Shane on Stannis/Shireen.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The Stannis/Shireen scene was nice. A heartwarming scene in GOT, that's rare.

Don't think Cersei is going crazy. She's just scheming.

The Faith Militant are a fecked up bunch.

I don't think Bronn has ever been involved a bad/dull scene. He's brilliant.

The Sand Snakes were a bit meh.

Looks like another cool guy in Barristan is gone but I dunno, Grey Worm did stop his neck being slit so maybe he might be alive? Probably not.

Melisandre is unreal.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The Stannis/Shireen scene was nice. A heartwarming scene in GOT, that's rare.

Don't think Cersei is going crazy. She's just scheming.

The Faith Militant are a fecked up bunch.

I don't think Bronn has ever been involved a bad/dull scene. He's brilliant.

The Sand Snakes were a bit meh.

Looks like another cool guy in Barristan is gone but I dunno, Grey Worm did stop his neck being slit so maybe he might be alive? Probably not.

Melisandre is unreal.
i mean, i know she is scheming, but is totally unnecesary. She should be focusing in other matters instead of act like a little jealous kid.

arming those crazy feckers might backstab on her, after all she is a heavy sinner.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Cersei is going to get Tommen and herself killed. :lol:

While Sansa and Jon Snow might meet up! Although there's surely going to be a twist when it comes to Stannis. It's a bit too obvious he'll win?

Barriston didn't seem to get a fatal blow? I don't think his neck was slit? But given Bronns and Jamies talk earlier perhaps he is dead.

I've enjoyed this Season, it's setup for some great action in the second half. Intrigued to see what Daenerys does now, I hope she gets her hands dirty and kills everyone in a blitz of rage! She needs to be feared.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Cersei is going to get Tommen and herself killed. :lol:

While Sansa and Jon Snow might meet up! Although there's surely going to be a twist when it comes to Stannis. It's a bit too obvious he'll win?

Barriston didn't seem to get a fatal blow? I don't think his neck was slit? But given Bronns and Jamies talk earlier perhaps he is dead.

I've enjoyed this Season, it's setup for some great action in the second half. Intrigued to see what Daenerys does now, I hope she gets her hands dirty and kills everyone in a blitz of rage! She needs to be feared.
I think that it's about time she'll make up with her dragons - with Unsullied and second brothers being terrorized by sons of the harpy and dragons making an appearance in one of the earlier episodes...

In any other series Sir Barriston would've been checking out from the hospital a week later, but not in Game of Thrones, I don't think so

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
That episode seemed to set up a lot. I didn't like the sand snakes scene though, it seemed so corny and pretty pointless. A lame introduction, possibly the worst of any new character(s).

We need more psycho Ramsay to liven things up!

Cina

@Rooney1987 I deleted your post because your 'scene from the trailer' is a potential spoiler for future episodes.

It also spoiled something for me and I want to kill you now.

Dumbat12

I doubt Barristan is dead. Otherwise there wouldn't have been any point in Grey Worm saving him.

Rooney1987

@Rooney1987 I deleted your post because your 'scene from the trailer' is a potential spoiler for future episodes.

It also spoiled something for me and I want to kill you now.
Sorry boss, didn't think. I've just seen the promo at the end of the ep and assumed most people had seen it.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
What is the name of Ser Barriston's sword, and what is it made of?
"Only cnuts name their swords". Pretty sure it's a basic steel sword. Why?

Right, so Cersei is a moron, she thinks she has her fathers guile and political know how. Not only will the faith militant turn on her for being a "sinner", once Lady Olenna finds out about Loras, she'll raise her banners and march on King's Landing.

Littlefinger is probably the best written character on the show, a lowly lord from the smallest isle of the Fingers, to acting lord (I think) of the Vale, to potential Warden of the North, if Stannis is successful with sack of Winterfell. He'll marry Sansa and have the armies of the North and Vale behind him. He'll be the most powerful man in Westeros.

The scene with Jon and Melisandre is setting up something huge. There is so much being set up I can only hope it all pays off. God I love this show.

Dante

Average bang
"Only cnuts name their swords". Pretty sure it's a basic steel sword. Why?

Right, so Cersei is a moron, she thinks she has her fathers guile and political know how. Not only will the faith militant turn on her for being a "sinner", once Lady Olenna finds out about Loras, she'll raise her banners and march on King's Landing.

Littlefinger is probably the best written character on the show, a lowly lord from the smallest isle of the Fingers, to acting lord (I think) of the Vale, to potential Warden of the North, if Stannis is successful with sack of Winterfell. He'll marry Sansa and have the armies of the North and Vale behind him. He'll be the most powerful man in Westeros.

The scene with Jon and Melisandre is setting up something huge. There is so much being set up I can only hope it all pays off. God I love this show.
I don't know about anyone else, but it did with me.

Ivor Ballokov

Really enjoyed that episode, The fight scene was great. it was like Oldboy but without all the incest and unnecessarily convoluted revenge...

Bronn is brilliant and he has great chemistry with whoever he's with. Hope he ends up on the iron throne.

Why was Tyrion purposely antagonising Jorah? It was funny but seemed a little counterproductive.

The Sands bit wasn't up to much, could have been because whenever they're in that part of the world all I do is relive Oberyn's death.

Cersei may be biting off more than she can chew here, her son has been swayed understandably by a lovely lady but now she's got into bed (ooh la la) with these religious nutjobs, Cersei the murderous alcoholic who has been having an affair with her brother for years. I can't see that her sins aren't going to come back to haunt her and possibly Tommen too.

Carice Van Houten is awesome, plays it so well in keeping a fine line between alluring and dangerous. Oh and she has no problem getting naked at any point.

No idea what will or what I want to happen at Winterfell, I really like Stannis and his lot but Roose and Ramsay are pretty good too, the thought of the latter with poor Sansa is worrying though.

Khaleesi looked spectacular.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah, makes you wonder what else she knows though. I may have to start watching the show with my pants on from now on.
Like who Jon's mother is? Didn't Stannis say something along the lines of 'it wasn't Ned Stark's style' to hook up with a random brothel girl or something?

Ivor Ballokov

Like who Jon's mother is? Didn't Stannis say something along the lines of 'it wasn't Ned Stark's style' to hook up with a random brothel girl or something?
That's a thought, I was convinced that was going to be a big storyline in season 1, but it seemed to die with Ned.