Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Tyrion

Only took 5 seasons for the north to become the most exciting part of the programme. What a great 20 minutes, god knows what episode 9 will be now!
Agreed. After that, almost everything down south seems so petty by comparison.

diarm

One thing I got from tonights episode...

... that drunken Jester that saved Sansa after Joffrey snuffed it was a fecking beast of a rower!

A boat full of grown ass men rowed about 14 feet in 10 minutes at the end there.
Poor fecking Gendry has been rowing for 3 years and he still hasn't gotten to where ever the feck he's going.

Dante

Average bang
The Ironborn represent the Viking culture. Essos is based in two - the republics are based on the Italian republics and the rest except Valyria are based on Africa/Arabia.

The White Walkers are elves. They do not represent any culture outside fictional. The closest things you can go is LOTR elves (Actually, it's Forgotten Realms "drow", meaning dark elves, but I doubt you've heard of that.)
Disagree. I think Scrummy has it spot on.
No I think the White Walkers are the dinosaurs

Kazi

Only took 5 seasons for the north to become the most exciting part of the programme. What a great 20 minutes, god knows what episode 9 will be now!
I think the North's been the most exciting part ever since Joffrey died. All of the best episodes since have concentrated on the North.

Irrational.

Epic episode, thoroughly enjoyed that one. Other than the fight scene/ Jon Snow being a generalised badass that's been discussed extensively, a few more notes:

I'm glad to see Cersei suffering. She's not suffered enough yet IMO.

Ramsay will soon get what's coming to him.

And finally, can someone please explain what the feck is going on with the Arya/ Jaqen Hagar storyline? I don't understand what the hell is going on. They speak in riddles and I'm always scratching my head at any scene involving them. A good summary would be appreciated :)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Epic episode, thoroughly enjoyed that one. Other than the fight scene/ Jon Snow being a generalised badass that's been discussed extensively, a few more notes:

I'm glad to see Cersei suffering. She's not suffered enough yet IMO.

Ramsay will soon get what's coming to him.

And finally, can someone please explain what the feck is going on with the Arya/ Jaqen Hagar storyline? I don't understand what the hell is going on. They speak in riddles and I'm always scratching my head at any scene involving them. A good summary would be appreciated :)
I think... that Jaqen is teaching Arya how to be a convincing liar but also to be able to be observant and track down people who are worth killing? Skills that are vital for assassins. Now I think he intends for her to kill the gambler with poison?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The gambler was basically providing ship insurance, right? Wasn't really paying attention to that part...

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The gambler was basically providing ship insurance, right? Wasn't really paying attention to that part...
Yeah, he only pays out if the ship goes down. But from Jaqen H'ghar's story we're told that he hasn't been paying out to the relatives of dead ship owners.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, the sailors take a wager on their lifes, a sort of life insurance if you like - if they die at sea, they win the gamble and that dude pays his family. But, like Jaqen said, the problem with that is: who'll check if he really pays them the money...

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
One thing I got from tonights episode...

... that drunken Jester that saved Sansa after Joffrey snuffed it was a fecking beast of a rower!

A boat full of grown ass men rowed about 14 feet in 10 minutes at the end there.
Poor fecking Gendry has been rowing for 3 years and he still hasn't gotten to where ever the feck he's going.
I think they were trying to sell the shock, the rowers stopped. Everybody was just watching all the dead being resurrected.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah, he only pays out if the ship goes down. But from Jaqen H'ghar's story we're told that he hasn't been paying out to the relatives of dead ship owners.
Yeah, the sailors take a wager on their lifes, a sort of life insurance if you like - if they die at sea, they win the gamble and that dude pays his family. But, like Jaqen said, the problem with that is: who'll check if he really pays them the money...
Cool, thanks!

VanillaGate

Irrational.

I think... that Jaqen is teaching Arya how to be a convincing liar but also to be able to be observant and track down people who are worth killing? Skills that are vital for assassins. Now I think he intends for her to kill the gambler with poison?
Wasn't there a scene where it showed Arya putting poison into the oyster? Or was that just a daydream?

I'm guessing he's not teaching her to morph into other people, which is what I initially thought.

Dante

Average bang
Wasn't there a scene where it showed Arya putting poison into the oyster? Or was that just a daydream?

I'm guessing he's not teaching her to morph into other people, which is what I initially thought.
She was adding vanilla, like the thin man asked. I think the poisoning will come later.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I don't think she put poison on it? I thought it was vanilla?
She was adding vanilla, like the thin man asked. I think the poisoning will come later.
Pretty sure he asked for vanilla? While we're talking about that scene, how fecking incredible is not only that set they're in, but the costumes and props? Awesome.
Wrong.

Vanilla with oysters? What blasphemy is this?! It was vinegar.
Correct. He said vinegar.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Just watched episode 7. Pretty good...how old is Tommen meant to be? He's such a bitch

Dante

Average bang
I have vanilla with my oysters all the time. Just the other day I said "I'd like some vanilla with my oysters".

Silva

You guys joke, but I worked for an online retailer for a short while and almost sent someone vanilla ice cream when they asked for vinegar. (Not vinegar ice cream, just vinegar, in case one of you get confused)

Last edited:

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
I was about to make that joke. Im with the vanilla crowd. Its an eastern thing.
It was obviously vinegar in the same way it was rape...so you think it is vanilla means you condone rape. Bastard, I hope the whitewalkers come and get you in your sleep.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Vanilla :lol: Do all of you watch the show without subtitles? I usually understand what they're saying but just add the subs by force of habit, and it makes it much easier to understand some of the accents, plus you don't need to be so concentrated all the time.