Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Lannisters and Tyrells have well-trained, battle tested armies under their disposal. Even if Cercei in her infinite wisdom decided to arm some cult zealots and even if the Lannisters are not liked amongst the populace, it still doesn't explain how the most powerful and rich people of the land have been apprehended and removed from power by a group of fanatics with no financial or military backing.
Agreed! It's just stupid that 2 of the most powerful families in Westeros cannot deal with this cult & have allowed them to gain so much influence. I would've expected them to be crushed (particularly by the Lannisters) and any rebellion from the people to be put down fairly swiftly.

Dorne now seems ready to go to war with the Lannisters and surely Cersei will want revenge for them killing her daughter. I'm expecting a battle at some point this season and we could see some sort of alliance between Dorne & the religious cult to bring down the Lannisters.

But I'm hoping both Dorne & the religious cult feck off as I find them both quite annoying.

Sylar

Well, they have control of the queen right now. Wouldnt it be stupid of Lannisters/Tyrells to attack when the religious nuts could just kill Margeary? Surely they need her back before they can do anything (seems like thats why Tommem didnt do anything when Cersei/Marge were captured).

But now Tommem is back with Cersei (well asking for her help), I can see it happening (an attack).

Norris

Can someone put up a map of the kingdoms. I'm always confused about the locations of each of the characters relative to the houses.

GloryHunter07

Thata what happens when daddy Lannister dies, the kids do dumb shit. Cersei was so eager to control everyone and backstab the Tyrells that she was completeky blindsided. Happens alot in this show.
Yep, no way would Tywin have done that.

Keenst

My brother has only started watch GoT recently and noticed the singer from Snow Patrol in season 3. Anyone else notice this? Certainly never occurred to me when I was watching it at the time.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Agreed! It's just stupid that 2 of the most powerful families in Westeros cannot deal with this cult & have allowed them to gain so much influence. I would've expected them to be crushed (particularly by the Lannisters) and any rebellion from the people to be put down fairly swiftly.

Dorne now seems ready to go to war with the Lannisters and surely Cersei will want revenge for them killing her daughter. I'm expecting a battle at some point this season and we could see some sort of alliance between Dorne & the religious cult to bring down the Lannisters.

But I'm hoping both Dorne & the religious cult feck off as I find them both quite annoying.
Religion the opiate of the masses and all that. Plus remember house tyrell has no troops in the capital so can do feck all about it. House Lannister lost much of their army in the recent wars so is much weakened.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Well, they have control of the queen right now. Wouldnt it be stupid of Lannisters/Tyrells to attack when the religious nuts could just kill Margeary? Surely they need her back before they can do anything (seems like thats why Tommem didnt do anything when Cersei/Marge were captured).

But now Tommem is back with Cersei (well asking for her help), I can see it happening (an attack).
How likely is it Cersei and House Lannister would welcome a large number of potentially hostile Tyrell troops into the capital? As soon as they were finished with the religious nuts who do you think they would turn on next?

Also not sure how far outside the capital this has spread, but if it extends outside the capital now it becomes a tougher thing to squash.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I'm so sorry for bringing it back up.

After multiple watches though, it's vinegar, I too, was on the vanilla wagon when the ep first aired though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm so sorry for bringing it back up.

After multiple watches though, it's vinegar, I too, was on the vanilla wagon when the ep first aired though.
Why on earth would you need to watch it back for clarification?

Who in their right minds has vanilla with fish for feck sake! Of course it's vinegar :lol:

kps88

Why on earth would you need to watch it back for clarification?

Who in their right minds has vanilla with fish for feck sake! Of course it's vinegar :lol:
It's a mystery that will never be solved.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
fecking brilliant :lol:

Anybody up for some seafood and vanilla ice cream?

Sylar

I still think the "did Jamie rape her or not" debate was better though.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Been a top thread this.

Hopefully we have many more seasons for it to continue.

Anyway what were we talking about? Oh yeah, Game of Thrones.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyone know where I might be able to watch this online tonight as I do not own a HBO membership/account.

3KDré

If anyone requires explanation about the highly likely Tower of Joy flashback and Jon Snow's mum. It is speculation but let's be honest it is happening.

Last edited: