Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Dante

Average bang
So if the Freys are in league with the Lannisters, that'll presumably mean that there aren't going to be any major rivals to the throne left in Westeros. Dany is the only hope but she's still stuck in Essos for now.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
So if the Freys are in league with the Lannisters, that'll presumably mean that there aren't going to be any major rivals to the throne left in Westeros. Dany is the only hope but she's still stuck in Essos for now.
There are still two other kings in Westeros. Stannis and Balon Greyjoy.

Dante

Average bang
There are still two other kings in Westeros. Stannis and Balon Greyjoy.
Stannis' army was decimated at Blackwater and Greyjoy is relatively small-fry though isn't he? I can't wait to see what happens to Edmure and Rob's pissing uncle. I hope the latter can regroup a few forces, though I've got a feeling that the North won't reunite again until Bran comes to the fore.

That ending at least increased my hope that Joffrey might get killed sooner rather than later. I love the way that George R.R. Martin isn't afraid to kill off his major protagonists/antagonists.

Did anyone else think that Arya/the hound were channeling John Connor/Terminator in that episode? I half expected him to say "come with me if you want to live".

Dante

Average bang
The moment they started playing that song I knew what was about to happen, that entire sequence was brilliantly done though.
What song was that? I had an inkling when they shut the doors.

The Chaplin death scene was especially horrific, I thought.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
What song was that? I had an inkling when they shut the doors.

The Chaplin death scene was especially horrific, I thought.
Yea that part made my toes curl. I also wonder if there will be uproar tomorrow because of it, I certainly can't remember any tv show I've watched that involved a pregnant woman being stabbed to death like that.

Moby

Dick
I hope Aryas story becomes about blind vengeance now, she's got a lot to feel pissed off about.
Meh. I was hoping her to get killed as well. "The young child takes the vengeance of her dead family". feck off. I'd watch Naruto if I wanted to watch that.

Moby

Dick
If you can watch that episode and still complain, maybe this show isnt for you.
:lol: I'm not even complaining about the episode, absolutely loved it. I've had a problem about people thinking Arya's some amazing character from the early days, she isn't. She's a terrible terrible cliche and probably one of the worst things about the show.

Jumped the gun a tremendous pace there, mate.

roseguy64

Great episode. If I were in that situation knowing death was imminent, I'd have tossed that cleaver at the king, perhaps taking him to the grave as well.
Erm...Walder Frey's not a king. He's a bannerman to Catelyn's brother who got married in the episode.

Moby

Dick
She doesn't have to succeed. Besides, you can't just kill of everyone, that leaves less room for developments going forward.
I didn't say they should kill everyone, just that "the whole family dies but leaves the child alive who'd take vengeance" has been done like a million times.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
:lol: I'm not even complaining about the episode, absolutely loved it. I've had a problem about people thinking Arya's some amazing character from the early days, she isn't. She's a terrible terrible cliche and probably one of the worst things about the show.

Jumped the gun a tremendous pace there, mate.
Tounge firmly placed in cheek, Aldo ;)

I dont agree about Arya though, but the world would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything.

Ekeke

Shocking episode. This is perhaps the one show where it doesnt matter if multiple main characters die as there are plenty more to give screentime to

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout

Moby

Dick
Anyway, this means Joffrey's a goner too if we go by the three deathwishes we saw in the last episode. I guess that would probably be where the seasons ends.