Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Sylar

After all that Arya speculation, it was all nullified within the first 5 minutes :lol:

Hound scene followed by the Mountain scene. Brutal stuff but love it.

That 20 minutes flew by

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Yeah, that Arya scene was absolute bollocks. Probably the first time I've actually rolled my eyes at the show (excluding Dorne).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah, that Arya scene was absolute bollocks. Probably the first time I've actually rolled my eyes at the show (excluding Dorne).
I'm hoping it's not going to be something as predictable as that woman being Jaqen and Arya waking up back with the Faceless.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
This Tyrion/Grey Worm/Missandei stuff is like something out of Big Bang Theory, for the love of Christ.
Those light scenes make me nervous. It's the writers relaxing us before something brutal.

Sylar

At last a bit of humanity from Jamie after they made him into a bastard rapist for some reason last season.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Ack, another set episode, no clue what Jaqen meant when he said a girl is no one. And the Blackfish with a lame off screen death.

Kazi

Well damn Arya, that's all you had to say from the start.

Seriously though, I don't get the logic behind how her killing that girl makes her no one. All it means is that she killed that girl.

Sylar

feck, only two episodes left. The end, much like winter, is coming.

Not sure if eps 9 and 10 have been or will be leaked. I hope not but I hope I manage to avoid spoilers from this thread, twitter, online, etc.

Norris

Just watched it. Decent episode. I really hated the Arya plot though. No way can she be that stupid to be caught off guard last episode (Especially when she recognized the Waif's face from last season), but they found a really nice way to tie it in the end. Loved the last bit as well with her going back to her roots and Jaqen acknowledging it as well. Also, why does Jaqen say Finally a girl is no one ?

Great scenes from the Hound tbh. I love how much he talks now and it has a really spunky wit to it which I genuinely like. He's replacing Tyrion for me.

Jaime's scenes were great too. Also catapulting a baby over the castle ?? :lol:. I know it was a threat made, but just sounded like one of those meme's you'd do.

Also, normally I don't say this, but I actually felt bad for Cersei though. :(. Tommen's such an idiot.

Tyrion's scenes were great as well, I know it's just a filler scene, but was pretty decent (Though probably heavily used in TV).

And, was it just me or did Lady Crane look a little similar to Catelyn Stark? The actors, not the characters.

Overall, it should have been a great episode, but the Arya bit kind of disappointed me a lot. I mean how can she do all that parkour stuff after being stabbed? So many loopholes in that story.

The Hound and Mountain scene is definite foreshadowing though isn't it ? I'm usually terrible at that sort of stuff, but it was literally a comparison of who makes a better kill at the start of the scene.

Jaime, I think is doubting himself a bit. He's not sure anymore if he's on the right side. Maybe he'll turn and side with the starks? I know he said he'd do anything for his sister, but those moments before that, it seemed like he was filled with contempt and regret when Edmure was talking to him.

Sylar

Fail :lol:

Also:
Overall, it should have been a great episode, but the Arya bit kind of disappointed me a lot. I mean how can she do all that parkour stuff after being stabbed? So many loopholes in that story.
Yeah, she kinda just walked out at the end like there was nothing wrong with her either. (im guessing a time skip, given the fight ended, and the face was planted in the hall). Still, it would only be a few hours surely.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Dany gets a lot of shit, mostly deserved, but her marching back into the pyramid while Drogon was on his way to feck shit up in the background was class.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Thought that was a bit meh. Would like to have seen how Blackfish went out and especially how Arya killed the T1000 waif (seriously isn't subtlety part of her job description?). Very convenient for Daenarys to show up with her dragon as well. Jaime's scenes with Edmure and Brienne were the best parts of the episode. Looks like it's all setting up to be kicking off next week.

Last edited:

Norris

Fail :lol:

Also:

Yeah, she kinda just walked out at the end like there was nothing wrong with her either. (im guessing a time skip, given the fight ended, and the face was planted in the hall). Still, it would only be a few hours surely.
Edited. :p

Yes, really ruined it for me. I can understand it if too much face swapping etc is a bit much for the show, but it just looked like such a lazy effort overall from the writers. Had they shown it as if Arya did indeed have a half decent plan, I would have appreciated it more.

The background score was great though. Event the score running at the end with the credits was really good.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Re: Arya's stab wounds: It's pretty obvious it's just superficial. No major organs punctured, just painful. With a bit of adrenaline and risk to her life she could run through the pain and she started bleeding again because she tore her stitches, it's not life threatening internal bleeding. It's no surprise she was able to walk at the end of the episode, considering what she was capable of doing just before.

People moan about the strangest things with this show.

Norris

Re: Arya's stab wounds: It's pretty obvious it's just superficial. No major organs punctured, just painful. With a bit of adrenaline and risk to her life she could run through the pain and she started bleeding again because she tore her stitches, it's not life threatening internal bleeding. It's no surprise she was able to walk at the end of the episode, considering what she was capable of doing just before.

And you expect a trained assasin to miss every vital organ ?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Has it been mentioned in the show before?
Yes.

Remember the hot tub scene with Brienne and Jamie? And the flashbacks/and/or foreshadowing with Bran's visions of the Mad King and seeing the green flames going through tunnels that looked like they were in Kings Landing?

Skills

Snitch
Stupid waif. Taught Arya how to fight blind, then she got ruined in a blind fight.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

Not sure what's stranger, people complaining about how Arya survived the attack or your painstakingly detailed explanation of how she could. :lol:

Mr Smith

Not sure what's stranger, people complaining about how Arya survived the attack or your painstakingly detailed explanation of how she could. :lol:
But it still shows how little thought went into what actually played out on screen. First she walks around in the city like she doesn't know she's being hunted by assassins that can change their faces, then she survives three stab wounds to the belly (seriously, she would've fainted through blood loss before she'd reached Lady Crane's place), then all of a sudden she's able to run through the streets like she's absolutely fine.

Even the pigs blood theory was more plausible than that.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Just watched it. Decent episode. I really hated the Arya plot though. No way can she be that stupid to be caught off guard last episode (Especially when she recognized the Waif's face from last season), but they found a really nice way to tie it in the end. Loved the last bit as well with her going back to her roots and Jaqen acknowledging it as well. Also, why does Jaqen say Finally a girl is no one ?

Great scenes from the Hound tbh. I love how much he talks now and it has a really spunky wit to it which I genuinely like. He's replacing Tyrion for me.

Jaime's scenes were great too. Also catapulting a baby over the castle ?? :lol:. I know it was a threat made, but just sounded like one of those meme's you'd do.

Also, normally I don't say this, but I actually felt bad for Cersei though. :(. Tommen's such an idiot.

Tyrion's scenes were great as well, I know it's just a filler scene, but was pretty decent (Though probably heavily used in TV).

And, was it just me or did Lady Crane look a little similar to Catelyn Stark? The actors, not the characters.

The Hound and Mountain scene is definite foreshadowing though isn't it ? I'm usually terrible at that sort of stuff, but it was literally a comparison of who makes a better kill at the start of the scene.

Jaime, I think is doubting himself a bit. He's not sure anymore if he's on the right side. Maybe he'll turn and side with the starks? I know he said he'd do anything for his sister, but those moments before that, it seemed like he was filled with contempt and regret when Edmure was talking to him.
I hate him, every time he is on the screen im like feck off,he's just a boring character, at least joffery was a good character and we all hated him for being a cnut.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
But it still shows how little thought went into what actually played out on screen. First she walks around in the city like she doesn't know she's being hunted by assassins that can change their faces, then she survives three stab wounds to the belly (seriously, she would've fainted through blood loss before she'd reached Lady Crane's place), then all of a sudden she's able to run through the streets like she's absolutely fine.

Even the pigs blood theory was more plausible than that.

And then Danerys arrived on the Pyramid at the end of the show on her fire breathing dragon.

Norris

Against a girl who is also trained to protect herself? It's possible.
They spent so much time in the previous episode going to lengths to show us (the audience) what happened. They show a smiling Arya slashed first, then the Waif grapples her neck from behind and then two quick stabs before realling turning it in with the second. I understand the Waif wanted her to have a painful death, but she could have done that in so many ways. Last season, Arya (still a trainee basically) literally tortured that Trent fella by gouging his eyes and doing what not. You'd think a professional would be atleast 10 times more experienced.

It just felt like poor writing really. I'm guessing G.R.R.Martin didn't really explain much with her storyline to the writers. That seems to be the only explanation I can think of because some of the other scenes were really good.