Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Right so I'm finally caught up on the show and was hoping a few questions could be answered.

1) How did the High Sparrow accumulate so much power? He just turned up one day and started arresting royalty with no consequences.

2) Why are the White walkers taking this long to get to the wall? And how come the King was able to touch Brann while he was warging, I thought he wasn't physically there - as proven when he says 'Father' and young Ned turns around to find nothing there.

3) What do the faceless men actually do? Is it literally just an assassination/euthanasia group? If so, why was Arya so keen to get there in the first place?
1) He was knocking about King's Landing at a time when Cersei was annoyed at the current High Septon. She decided the best course of action was to relieve him of his position and hand it to the Sparrow, as well as reinstate the Faith Militia, thus giving them a legal, military element.

2) Seems they've been hunting Brann and the tree-fella whilst still trying to raise an army. Presumably because they are magic and his warging is magic.

3) They're a group of assassins that help suffering people die, presumably so they can take their faces. Arya received help from Jaqen and presumed her entire family dead. She went looking for him because he left her with that coin, and naively thought she could remain Arya Stark as an assassin, and choose her own targets. That turned out not to be true so she's buggering off.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
1) He was knocking about King's Landing at a time when Cersei was annoyed at the current High Septon. She decided the best course of action was to relieve him of his position and hand it to the Sparrow, as well as reinstate the Faith Militia, thus giving them a legal, military element.

2) Seems they've been hunting Brann and the tree-fella whilst still trying to raise an army. Presumably because they are magic and his warging is magic.

3) They're a group of assassins that help suffering people die, presumably so they can take their faces. Arya received help from Jaqen and presumed her entire family dead. She went looking for him because he left her with that coin, and naively thought she could remain Arya Stark as an assassin, and choose her own targets. That turned out not to be true so she's buggering off.
Much appreciated.

It's a great show but it's behind Breaking Bad for me. It's an 8 or 9 out of 10, certainly not perfect.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Right so I'm finally caught up on the show and was hoping a few questions could be answered.

1) How did the High Sparrow accumulate so much power? He just turned up one day and started arresting royalty with no consequences.

2) Why are the White walkers taking this long to get to the wall? And how come the King was able to touch Brann while he was warging, I thought he wasn't physically there - as proven when he says 'Father' and young Ned turns around to find nothing there.

3) What do the faceless men actually do? Is it literally just an assassination/euthanasia group? If so, why was Arya so keen to get there in the first place?
1. Cercie gave it to him to screw over the Tyrells but it backfired becuase the old man gets off on making naked women walk around town.
2. They are waiting for Blondie to stop fecking around in Mereen so that the show could last 7-8 seasons.
3. They mostly sweep floors and get soused on little vials of everclear laced with acid.

Donut

I haven't even seen the trailer for tonight's episode, but ...
Ramsey is going to die tonight right? Gonna miss him. Him & Joffrey are two of the best TV show villians ever. No doubt.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I haven't even seen the trailer for tonight's episode, but ...
Ramsey is going to die tonight right? Gonna miss him. Him & Joffrey are two of the best TV show villians ever. No doubt.
I disagree, especially about the Ramsay bit. Nowhere near a great villain for me. He just literally butches people without thinking much strategy.

Sylar

In a show where theres a lot of grey area, I think they are two of the best villains weve seen. Granted its a bit OTT at times, but in terms of actually being downright nasty (rather than a cool calculated one), hes just bad to the bone.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
The show was majorly missing something when they killed off Joffrey. Tommen as King is just boring, in a world of interesting characters they've manufactured a terrible one to be on the throne.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
The show was majorly missing something when they killed off Joffrey. Tommen as King is just boring, in a world of interesting characters they've manufactured a terrible one to be on the throne.
As a plot point they needed someone who coukd easily be manipulated. Having him be like Joffrey would have been pointless. He is not even meant to be the major bad guy, just a tool being used by others.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I actually feel that the character they've missed most is Tywin Lannister. There was a level of serious to Tywin's menace. Joffrey was a bit cartoonish at times. If Tywin was planning on wiping out an entire family, you just knew it was going to happen.

Dante

Average bang
Winter is coming. But it's not yet here. That's why the White Walkers haven't crossed the wall yet.

Bran can warg the living. The White Walkers can warg the dead. Presumably, the latter need the right conditions for their magic to work. Given that they're so vulnerable to fire/light/dragons, it may have something to do with the sun.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I actually feel that the character they've missed most is Tywin Lannister. There was a level of serious to Tywin's menace. Joffrey was a bit cartoonish at times. If Tywin was planning on wiping out an entire family, you just knew it was going to happen.
Yeah, the show's missing a Tywin or a Mance Raider (if you consider him a villain) or someone like that.

Or maybe I just miss them because they were terrific actors.

Skills

Snitch
I liked Tywin and I never really considered him to be a villain. He was at war, and he just did what he had to do to win. I hate Cersei though

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Yeah I agree with you that Tywin is missed more than Joffrey.

The Kings Landing scenes used to have Tywin, Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Joffrey, Varys, Bronn and Littlefinger. Now it's the uninteresting Tommen and the terrible High Sparrow storyline that was already dragging after one episode. That's my problem I think, I used to love it when it cut to Kings Landing, now I groan.

Sylar

I miss Roose Bolton. But his voice was just fantastic and smooth haha.

Really looking forward to the ep tonight. Think the plan is watch the first hour of WWE PPV, then GoT live, then once finished straight to the NBA.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Has anything leaked? I'm away with work for the next few nights, so have to download this through the night or not at all.

Dante

Average bang
Has anything leaked? I'm away with work for the next few nights, so have to download this through the night or not at all.
It had leaked by 10.40-ish last week. Seeing as it's still not out, I'd assume it's not going to happen this time around. We'll have to wait till 3am for it to finish airing on TV as normal.

Last edited:

Giggs86

I just hope they finally massacre that old High Sparrow dude. He thinks he's so righteous and can do whatever he wants. Plus the way he talks calmly and breaths annoys the hell out of me.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I just hope they finally massacre that old High Sparrow dude. He thinks he's so righteous and can do whatever he wants. Plus the way he talks calmly and breaths annoys the hell out of me.
Well something big is going to happen. 8,9, or 10 are usually the big ones, and 8 was garbage.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Am i the only one who thinks ramsay wont die tonight? Just think its way to obvious they must know everyones expecting it, wouldnt surprise me if they threw a curveball.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Am i the only one who thinks ramsay wont die tonight? Just think its way to obvious they must know everyones expecting it, wouldnt surprise me if they threw a curveball.
I want it obvious.

A glorious underdog win for the Starks and a brutal demise for Ramsey, please.

Sylar

Im hoping that cos its obvious and GOT doesnt do that, they go the obvious route.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

All my guesses, will be wrong, no point spoilering:

He's a snake. He won't even be at the battle, they'll take Winterfell back with ease while Ramsey's lot will be off taking the unprotected houses that are giving the Starks their backing. He goaded them to attack him with Rickon, he'll have had a reason to do that. He's not just going to sit their waiting for them.

After what Jamie said about Cersei last week I expect Cersei to die and Jamie to change again either for better or worse.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:drool: What we've all been waiting for with Danny. Boobs and this.