Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
So who does everyone have getting killed off in the season finale? Whomever guesses all correctly gets a pie. Or whomever knows whether to use 'who' or 'whom.'

I got
  • High Sparrow
  • Tommen
  • Melisandre
Could see how both High Sparrow and Tommen have outlived their usefulness. Why kill off Melisandre though? Think they'll keep her around for a while longer myself.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Could see how both High Sparrow and Tommen have outlived their usefulness. Why kill off Melisandre though? Think they'll keep her around for a while longer myself.
Well, I had to pick one wildcard. There's been a fair amount of screen time with Davos and Stannis' daughter, Davos not buying what Mel is selling, and now finding that toy. So, a bit of foreshadowing.

Plus that other red priestess whom also seems to have a nice rack will almost certainly return, leaving Mel redundant.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
So who does everyone have getting killed off in the season finale? Whomever guesses all correctly gets a pie. Or whomever knows whether to use 'who' or 'whom.'

I got
  • High Sparrow
  • Tommen
  • Melisandre
Davos
Tommen

Norris

I got
  • High Sparrow
  • Tommen
  • Melisandre
Rather All these Men/Women have served their purpose
  • High Sparrow
  • Margaery
  • Pycelle/Qyuburn.
Dunno how Tommen would die, unless the Wildfire theory is true, which if it is, means half or all of KL would burn including Cersei herself.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I got
  • High Sparrow
  • Tommen
  • Melisandre
Margery
Frankenmountain
Lorres

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just watched episode 9. It was funny at the start when Sansa told John she knows Ramsey and they should listen to her. When John responds with "what's your plan then" she pretty much says forget about Ricon, let's just chill and play some Fifa.

DouLou

Been caught pooping

I got
  • High Sparrow
  • Tommen
  • Melisandre
I reckon High Sparrow will live a little longer to be more fecking annoying, although I sincerely hope not. I think Tommen is going to cop it somehow, I don't think he will get murdered or anything, I can see more a tragic accident of some sort.

Actually I think that's all... Tommen. I'm putting all my money on that annoying little dweeb.

Andy_Cole

Not sure how, but I think things will work out for Cercei to practically be on the iron throne, perhaps by Tommen turning on the High Sparrow. When it looks like the season will end we see Arya crop up, say something awesome and kill her.

Classical Mechanic

Rather All these Men/Women have served their purpose
  • High Sparrow
  • Margaery
  • Pycelle/Qyuburn.
Dunno how Tommen would die, unless the Wildfire theory is true, which if it is, means half or all of KL would burn including Cersei herself.
Will the King Slayer have to slay another king to save the woman he loves?

Norris

Will the King Slayer have to slay another king to save the woman he loves?
Kill his own son ? Even if Cersei loses the Trial, why would he want to kill Tommen for it. He would know that it was the High Sparrow behind it. Although, if the wildfire does happen, you can see Jaime starting to doubt his undeniable love for Cersei. I don't know who becomes the rightful heir to the throne if Tommen goes but if it is Cersei, then maybe the Kingslayer will strike again.

Last edited:

Mal donaghy

I predict a repeat of the red wedding only this time the "unlucky" guest/recipients will be Jaimie Lannister and freinds !!
I won't go into details, but we all no the politics involved.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I got
  • High Sparrow
  • Tommen
  • Melisandre
High Sparrow or Jamie

Sylar

I can see Jamie dying, and well, Cersei burning the city for the one she loves. etc...

Classical Mechanic

Kill his own son ? Even if Cersei loses the Trial, why would he want to kill Tommen for it. He would know that it was the High Sparrow behind it. Although, if the wildfire does happen, you can see Jaime starting to doubt his undeniable love for Cersei. I don't know who becomes the rightful heir to the throne if Tommen goes but if it is Cersei, then maybe the Kingslayer will strike again.
Tommen gave The High Sparrow legitimacy and power. A coup means that The High Sparrow is finished

Prodigal7

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

"Ramsay wasn't going to kill Rickon, until Jon attacked, because it was his plan to lure Jon into a mistake."
You're right comprehension was never my strong suit but you're statement is still a little ambiguous. Your point could still be interpreted that Ramsey only killed Rickon because he wanted to set a trap for Jon.
Anyway, this all comes down to Sansa not trusting anyone anymore and looked to take matters into her own hands. She still saved John and the rest of the army there and without her they would all be dead.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
You're right comprehension was never my strong suit but you're statement is still a little ambiguous. Your point could still be interpreted that Ramsey only killed Rickon because he wanted to set a trap for Jon.
Anyway, this all comes down to Sansa not trusting anyone anymore and looked to take matters into her own hands. She still saved John and the rest of the army there and without her they would all be dead.
But if she told John about little finger army, many more lives could have been saved.

Prodigal7

But if she told John about little finger army, many more lives could have been saved.
There's no way to know that but yeah it's obviously possible. Ramsey would have retreated into Winterfell if he found out about the Vale soldiers. We don't know how Littlefinger may have influenced Sansa here yet either. Hopefully we should find out what the dealio was in a few hours!

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

I got
  • High Sparrow
  • Tommen
  • Melisandre
There will be blood in King's Landing: I can see Tommen dying, maybe followed by the mountain and Cersei, Loras because noone cares about him + some more secondary characters maybe many more if wildfire.

Daario outlived his usefullness (if he ever had any) and will be replaced by Yara as Dany's love interest.

Brienne could be in danger if Littlefinger interferes with Sansa but I can see Tormund saving her, he didn't give her the eyes earlier for nothing.

Could be a battle to death between Davos and Mel. I put my money on Mel.

Some sandsnakes will get in trouble and die not without causing losses.

Sam's girl and her child are useless so them losing their lives would provide cheap shock value to his little southern trip.

Euron will kill people, probably rape too to prove he's a real baddie worthy of replacing Ramsay.

Meera because she's pointless once Bran manages to regroup with other people South. Same for Benjen once he provides some more knowledge about the walkers.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There's no way to know that but yeah it's obviously possible. Ramsey would have retreated into Winterfell if he found out about the Vale soldiers. We don't know how Littlefinger may have influenced Sansa here yet either. Hopefully we should find out what the dealio was in a few hours!
Littlefinger is much smarter than Sansa or Jon. Perhaps he would have said "why don't we put some armour on that fecking giant and give him a massive sword".

Sylar

Forgetting deaths for tonight (cos some of the predictions are waaay over the top and would require a death pretty much every scene), but what does everybody think will be the last scene of this series. The lasting image, im going with

Bran vision of the rest of the Tower scene revealing what happened inside.
I initially thought maybe Wall coming down, but i think they save that for the future (eg if there are two seasons left, then its the finale of next season).

Norris

Forgetting deaths for tonight (cos some of the predictions are waaay over the top and would require a death pretty much every scene), but what does everybody think will be the last scene of this series. The lasting image, im going with

Bran vision of the rest of the Tower scene revealing what happened inside.
I initially thought maybe Wall coming down, but i think they save that for the future (eg if there are two seasons left, then its the finale of next season).
I was thinking something related to wall as well, but hopefully they don't make it as the finale for next season. That is too far away and doesn't make sense especially if Bran reaches the wall at some point. I am going for KL with Dany's image of ash being recreated by Cersei's highly speculated Wildfire.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I was thinking something related to wall as well, but hopefully they don't make it as the finale for next season. That is too far away and doesn't make sense especially if Bran reaches the wall at some point. I am going for KL with Dany's image of ash being recreated by Cersei's highly speculated Wildfire.
I think the wall is coming down as soon as the walkers get to it. I think the wall was originally built as a barrier to stop men/humans going further North and the twisty will be that they have some stupid magic shit that can take it down/shatter it in an instant.

Norris

I think the wall is coming down as soon as the walkers get to it. I think the wall was originally built as a barrier to stop men/humans going further North and the twisty will be that they have some stupid magic shit that can take it down/shatter it in an instant.
Yeah, that seems to be the case at this point. It would be a pretty brilliant view as well. These show runners at least get the aesthetics right most time. The whole Night's King and Bran story seems to have a huge touch of Harry Potter to it though. Both their powers and weaknesses seem to be intertwined in some way.

Sylar

Yeah but I think the Wall coming down would be something that ends an episode as a cliffhanger, with the Walkers now having entry to the 7 kingdoms. I think its too soon for it to happen although I wouldnt complain about the visual.
Im guessing Bran is being carried by Meera / Benjen to the wall. He wargs during this time to see the rest of history he downloaded properly (rather than just flashes). He sees rest of Tower (maybe tonight).
Then he also sees more about the history of the Wall. When he wakes up its too late, hes on the other side of the wall which allows the Walkers to approach.
But can see that split over a few eps if they wanted (whilst the other eps focus on North, KL + Dany coming towards Westeros).

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Staying up to watch the simulcast showing. Cannot wait :drool:

Norris

Can someone possibly guide me to a working stream ? Every link on XBMC is down. :(

Last edited:

Norris

Yeah but I think the Wall coming down would be something that ends an episode as a cliffhanger, with the Walkers now having entry to the 7 kingdoms. I think its too soon for it to happen although I wouldnt complain about the visual.
Im guessing Bran is being carried by Meera / Benjen to the wall. He wargs during this time to see the rest of history he downloaded properly (rather than just flashes). He sees rest of Tower (maybe tonight).
Then he also sees more about the history of the Wall. When he wakes up its too late, hes on the other side of the wall which allows the Walkers to approach.
But can see that split over a few eps if they wanted (whilst the other eps focus on North, KL + Dany coming towards Westeros).
Yep, I agree that it won't be possible to show it this season and of course, the wall coming down will be a visual treat, but I am just wondering who is closer to the wall at this point. It seems like the Night's King are rapid in movement and even Benjen and his horse can't have too much of a gain on them. Also that "mark" he left on Bran means he's got his GPS tracking locked in on him. Since it is widely suggest that next season will be cut short to 7 episodes, I think you maybe right. But that leaves very little time to wrap up the whole arc does it not ? Bran has to meet his brother, talk about the walkers, recruit like crazy and all that stuff being crammed into Season 8 seems too much.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I could do with the whole of tonight's episode revolving around King's Landing, with some Bran screen time while he's tripping balls of course.

With my luck though, HBONow will crash again. Or these storms will knock out my power...