Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Sylar

Forget the so called fire God. You could say the same about Mellisandre. Not even one of her prophecies have come true so far.
Although she will take credit for the three kings dying after leeching Gendry.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Daenerys is starting to really annoy me.

AltiUn

I feel like the showrunners are actively trying to make me dislike Dany.

Kazi

Disappointed with that initial meeting between Jon and Daenerys. Jon needs to show her levels asap.

Sylar

Really enjoyed that scene between Dany and Jon esp with tyrion and davos by their respective sides

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I feel like the showrunners are actively trying to make me dislike Dany.
Maybe she's on the way to becoming a mad queen. They're just demonising her. And they're doing it quickly as there isn't much time left.

Paxi

I don't see how this ends in another 10 episodes. This is going extremely slow. I bet they'll add another season.

InfiniteBoredom

What does that mean?
They are descendants of escaped slaves from Valyria. Fat chance the Iron Bank of Braavos would be involved in the slave trade.

It's for the sake of plot convenience, no doubt, but just an instance of discarding source materials.

AltiUn

This war business isn't going very well for ol' Dany.

bleedred

I am sorry, but the show is seriously suffering from lack of source material, the battle plans and the whole time gaps of it are fecking laughable....

padr81

Supports
Man City
Best episode in awhile.

I'm glad all Tyrion's battle plans are falling apart and Jaime is outsmarting him. I thought the show were going to plump for Tyrions intelligence winning out but imho Jaime should be the smarter with regards to war and so its proving.
Show getting it right for a change. Good acting tonight too, Bran freaking the shit out of Sansa and being so cold was top notch.
Also enjoyed Cersei dealing with Ellaria, no over the top silliness, no Mountain sodomy and just some cool and composed vengeance. The first time I've seen Ellaria or one of the SS act competently.
Enjoyed Olenna's goodbye and pretty much every scene bar Danny vs Jon which was tolerable.
Euron again really good.

No complaints.

Paxi

I am sorry, but the show is seriously suffering from lack of source material, the battle plans and the whole time gaps of it are fecking laughable....
There is a lot of that but there isn't much you can do at this point.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The time gaps is because they're rushing it. Battle plan was terrific, Tyrion completely outfoxed and now all their Westeros allies captured or dead.

Paxi

Danny is going to need John Snow more than she thinks.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
The time gaps is because they're rushing it. Battle plan was terrific, Tyrion completely outfoxed and now all their Westeros allies captured or dead.
Except the part where the Unsullied are now being held captive in a castle they don't own.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Problem is though. Daenerys has no army left apart from the Dothraki and her dragons.

Also has no fleet left which is where Jon will help Daenerys by giving her Stannis fleet. Unless the script writers forgot about those boats.

InfiniteBoredom

He's outfoxed because of the time gap. 10k troops cannot teleport, they have to march, engage in battle every step of the way with the Tyrell's host, then have to lay siege for a great castle, which can take months, even years to take. Dany can show up with her dragons at any point during all that time and roast the Lannister host to crisps.

So yes, suspension of disbelief required, in massive doses.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
So we've waited six years and sixty-two episodes for Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke to be on screen together and it... doesn't work. Oh well.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Except the part where the Unsullied are now being held captive in a castle they don't own.
Jaime's battle plan was terrific as he read Tyrion like a book. Jaime is a seasoned commander, tyrion for his brains is not. I thought it was very well done. Also they don't expect the Unsullied to stay in CR they expect them to leave and have to fight their way East. Hence emptying the larders. Almost completely cutting them off from Dany. Imho its quite brilliant.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Didn't like the narration over the quick taking of Casterly Rock. Only low point in the episode for me though, the rest was great.

Thought Daenerys was brilliant in this episode. Wouldn't agree that there's no chemistry between her and Jon. It's a meeting that we've been waiting ages for and I thought it lived up to the hype.

Cersei is a vicious cnut but we knew that.

Jaime and Olenna stole the show. Proper throwback to earlier seasons with that scene.