Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Anyone else find it hilarious that Ser Davos suggested to the Unsullied they settle in empty lands and start their own house? A house they can’t populate because none of them have nuts.
:lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So in the year of epic finales we’ve had Endgame (shite), and Game of Thrones, which genuinely make me envy the victim of The Mountains eye gouging. I fear for Star Wars, I really do.
If I was a Star Wars fan I'd be less concerned about JJ Abrams' concluding part of this trilogy and more concerned with the fact that D&D are getting their own Star Wars films. I mean if they thought Rian Johnson was a problem.....

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
You mean you didn’t think it was brilliant writing that Tyrion, a prisoner who had been banished from speaking, anoinuted Bran the king with an impassioned speech about his wisdom. And then for Bran as his only act as King to come in and say “cool, y’all take care of those details now. Peace!”. And then bounce?

I for one found it pithy, insightful writing.
the way Bran accepted it too, like, 'well I didn't come all the way here for no reason'.

feckkn hell

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anyone else find it hilarious that Ser Davos suggested to the Unsullied they settle in empty lands and start their own house? A house they can’t populate because none of them have nuts.
:lol:

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
If I was a Star Wars fan I'd be less concerned about JJ Abrams' concluding part of this trilogy and more concerned with the fact that D&D are getting their own Star Wars films. I mean if they thought Rian Johnson was a problem.....
Yeah. If the last 2 seasons have been any indication, its that D&D are shit at coming up with their own ideas

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
This final season was like those fantasy books you read as a kid where you’d get to the end of a section and it’d say “Do you want to follow the prince into the enchanted Forrest? (Turn to page 86), or stay in the Inn (turn to page 42). And the writers made the wrong choice every single time, but just kept going regardless.

“Do you want an 11 year old tart to kill the personification of fear and death and this render the entire final chapter pointless after a 4000 page build up? (Turn to page 5472), or do you want to use a plot device that continues to build suspense? (PTO)”

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Speaking of which, how does Sansa know that Bran can't get it up?
Bran doesn’t need to get it up. He just wargs into any cnut he wants who is getting laid. Let’s be honest, creepy fecker has probably warged into his sister and had a feel of her norks.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
i dont think braniel will be a very good king.

a) he made bronn the chief of highgarden
b) he made bronn the master of money
c) he got a broke ass dick
d) he put tyrion in charge after he was horrible in the same role for daneyrs
e) he is already bored by the details

InfiniteBoredom

Reading this thread lately has been one huge schadenfreude experience :lol:.

As if Dumb & Dumber ever gave a single feck about the authenticity of the story, that whole extra year to ‘get it right’ well spent.

InfiniteBoredom

Also, definitive proof that either D&D just went the feck ahead and did whatever they wanted to do, or Martin is a lying cnut.

In what world other great houses and lords would accept a broken northern boy with no blood claim or right of conquest to sit the throne? It’s the best choice if you want Westeros to fracture and continue in civil war for decades to come, especially with that ‘The North becomes independent’ thing.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
One of the main problems with the writing and the dialogue in particular, in these later seasons is that characters walk and talk themselves into unecessary narrative binds that the writers were never skilled enough to get them out of. A good example being Greyworm's public (re-)gelding when dealing with Tyrion.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Also, definitive proof that either D&D just went the feck ahead and did whatever they wanted to do, or Martin is a lying cnut.

In what world other great houses and lords would accept a broken northern boy with no blood claim or right of conquest to sit the throne? It’s the best choice if you want Westeros to fracture and continue in civil war for decades to come, especially with that ‘The North becomes independent’ thing.
Errrm because Tyrion told them that from this day forth all rulers would be chosen at this exact same spot. He’d had literally WEEKS to think about it. Duh.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I will say this, the shot with Drogon spreading his wings behind Dany was incredible.

Up there with the coolest shots in the entire show.

Kazi

So who is Azor Ahai

Are the Walkers gone forever

Hope the Greyjoys rebel asap

Also what happened to Daario

Last edited:

Pscholes18

From this episode you would of thought the Unsullied didn't lose a single warrior against the NK....ffs this show really went off the rails

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I can definitely live with that show ending. The only Thing that bother me about this season, is Dany going insane in about 1 episode, not a proper build-up for it.

Sad that it's over for good, was an epic Journey for the most part. Guess it's time to rewatch from the start. :D

lsd

The Oracle
So what happens when they find out Jon just said feck the nights watch and left it behind?

Isn't that a death sentence according to Ned Stark ?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
First half was alright considering, second half was like 3 episodes into 30 mins.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
So what happens when they find out Jon just said feck the nights watch and left it behind?

Isn't that a death sentence according to Ned Stark ?
Why does he have to go at all? Grey Worm fecks off on a boat and his entire family literally rule Westeros.:lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Bahahaha! I can't even be bothered to go through that one. We all saw it coming though, even the defenders, of course it would never make any sense.

Looked good as always though.

@RedSky wasn't he? There will always be a little piece of that horse in us all. Especially those who shop at Icelands.