Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Despite his goal, his fitness and conditioning are an absolute embarrassment for a professional footballer at a very high level. It is no surprise he wasn’t liked in Madrid.

DRM

Jose didnt look too pleased with Bale. I think he knows this guy is a dud with no motivation left for a career in the top flight

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Mourinho wanted to sign Bale when he was manager at United.
What I mean is that Bale was not one of Mourinho's top targets - but has been a long standing target for Levy. Levy pushed for the transfer and got his man - Mourinho I'm sure was very happy for this to happen but he wasn't on his list of players targetted this year.

UncleBob

What I mean is that Bale was not one of Mourinho's top targets - but has been a long standing target for Levy. Levy pushed for the transfer and got his man - Mourinho I'm sure was very happy for this to happen but he wasn't on his list of players targetted this year.
Why didn't Levy go for him when Bale nearly sodded off to China ?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought they just signed him back to give a bit more boost to the dressing room e.g. guy who's won league titles and CLs and can give a bit of advice to them at crunch moments.

Didn't expect much from him on the pitch given he's hardly played in over two years so guess they'll just continue to rotate between him, Moura, Bergwijn and Lamela and hope he can just score the odd goal like Brighton.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I thought they just signed him back to give a bit more boost to the dressing room e.g. guy who's won league titles and CLs and can give a bit of advice to them at crunch moments.

Didn't expect much from him on the pitch given he's hardly played in over two years so guess they'll just continue to rotate between him, Moura, Bergwijn and Lamela and hope he can just score the odd goal like Brighton.
He's scored 3 for Spurs so far, 1 goal per 200 mins of football, which is far from terrible.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will be interesting to see if Spurs sign him after this season - unless they’re already bound to

djembatheking

I can`t see Bale wanting another year at Spurs , doubt he will want another year in the Europa League.

UncleBob

Because we weren't sending him out on loan and subsidizing the wages
But you were pretty close to sending him out for feck all, just to get rid of him.

There's no reason to not show interest, no matter the wages, in a situation like that.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
If he's not willing to fight it out at the top level, he'll be far less likely to drop down a level and continue to fight it out there. By that I mean a lesser Premier League side.

Looks like either the MLS or early retirement to me.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
But you were pretty close to sending him out for feck all, just to get rid of him.

There's no reason to not show interest, no matter the wages, in a situation like that.
They did. They just couldn't pay the wages

el3mel

I don't watch them that regularly, but 3 goals so far with only one in the league hasn't been really a good return at all now we're in Christmas. Unless he improves dramatically in second half of the season in terms of output, I don't see Spurs extending the loan and Madrid will have to find another buyer.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't watch them that regularly, but 3 goals so far with only one in the league hasn't been really a good return at all now we're in Christmas. Unless he improves dramatically in second half of the season in terms of output, I don't see Spurs extending the loan and Madrid will have to find another buyer.
I think we will extend it - it was always going to take him months to get anywhere near the fitness level required. I'm hoping to see an improvement in him from Feb onwards.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think we will extend it - it was always going to take him months to get anywhere near the fitness level required. I'm hoping to see an improvement in him from Feb onwards.
I think you may find that he’ll need to be managed carefully in the PL. His injuries have taken a toll and while he retains the intelligence, he’s nowhere near as quick as he was

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Google it, mate, i can't be bothered

Also his agent's words while you're at it

cheeky_backheel

This was also my thoughts on the signing. Playing for Spurs and have won silverware is a rare comibination that Bale happend to offer.

He probably has 1 or 2 big game moments still left in him, but I would be shocked if he ever becomes a regular. Age, injury, and, lack of fitness and desire, have ensured his continous decline into mediocrity.

Oldyella

So Bale preferred to keep his wages and sod off to China instead of lower wages and going back to Spurs ?
Course he did. I'm sure if Spurs had offered as much he would have preferred to go there but there was never going to be competition with the offer he had.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The narrative when Spurs won 6-1 at OT was (paraphrasing) "look at how good they're looking and they still have Bale to come in".
Absolutely battered us off the pitch and still Bale to come. Yep.

They miss the elements about us being down to 10men for an hour.
And having clearly got the pre season wrong - having been lashed by shocking Palace at home just before.

Hope we get a chance to show them what's what in the league cup final.