Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Let's ask some actual Real Madrid fans, why don't we?

@giorno @Iker Quesadillas @Madridista2000

Gareth Bale, best British player of the modern era? Better than Beckham, Rooney? Better player for Madrid than Figo, R9, Zidane? What is your opinion?

Edit: Has he exceeded expectations?
You can't deny the big moments he had for RM. His Copa Del Rey goal, his CL final goals. For that alone he will be essential part of RM history.

His injuries obviously ruined a lot for him. There was never continuity over him because of injuries. After 2018 he lost pace and has basically been a liability. Bale without pace is a pretty ordinary player. It's wrong to suggest RM ruined him. He went on loan to Tottenham and was benched there as well. He has long been past it.

The other thing is he never opened up to RM and Spain. I don't think he can speak Spanish at a decent level. He showed much more emotion and passion playing for Wales then RM. This season Ancelotti preferred him and started him as RW and like always he got injured and was out for a long time. Just when he was recovering he went to play for Wales and got himself injured again because he was not 100% match fit. Because of these kind of decision fans boo him.

Last 3-4 years has been a joke. Highest paid player in the squad and hardly contributed with anything.

So a lot of his big moments is "cancelled" out by him staying too long. Which is fair enough, but then he always prioritize Wales over RM and plays with more passion for Wales then RM. Is more of a leader for Wales then RM. Is more involved with Wales then RM. I am so happy he will be gone in a few months time.

Did he have a better RM career then Figo? R9 and Zidane? Yes if you go by the numbers. The Galacticos were ruined by stupid policy of Zidane V Pavon. Idiotic coaches like Carlos Queiroz. There was no balance in the team back then. Would I take Bale over Figo, R9 or Zidane? NEVER in 100 million years.

As Footballers Figo, Ronaldo and Zidane were on a different level then Bale.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
A medal on the back of seven minutes of football. Pretty good ratio.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Already has more UCL titles than Messi; not bad for an active non-player since late 2018...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As many CL as Barcelona and Atletico combined

Tyrion

Five CLs and to be thought of as something of a joke figure at the end of it all is quite sad...and a bit funny.
He's the most successful failed Real Madrid player ever. Everyone should insist he's better than Zidane, Raul and Di Stefano just to piss off Real fans.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Do Spurs get any money from his "success" ala Hazard ? Cheeky 10M bonus for every CL would have got them a free player :lol:

Hughie77

As long as he helps Wales get to a World cup, I don't care what he does. How many British players have got 5 UCL Medals?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
His career has gone to waste the last couple of years but he’s not holding any grudges here it seems so good on him.

I wonder where he’ll end up. I think he’ll end up somewhere in the PL personally.

MUW4Eva

He's the most successful failed Real Madrid player ever. Everyone should insist he's better than Zidane, Raul and Di Stefano just to piss off Real fans.
Ahh but not Puskas, fair enough.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He came, he saw, he conquered

Bigger legend than Raúl, Figo, Ronaldo.

Madrid fans have to acknowledge his greatness

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Nice of Bale to take time from the green and playing for Wales to remember the little people

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This feels a bit like John Terry wearing a full kit. He’s writing his history as he’d like it to be remembered.
People are being quite appreciative in the comments. He should have left 2/3 years ago but used to be very important. A pity that he didn't have a better farewell at Bernabéu
His career has gone to waste the last couple of years but he’s not holding any grudges here it seems so good on him.

I wonder where he’ll end up. I think he’ll end up somewhere in the PL personally.
I think he will retire

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

MLS might be an option, lots of good golf courses in the US.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He can say that he was better / more influential than Ronaldo in 3 of the 4 Champions League finals they were both involved in from 2014-2018, which is very good going !

BarcaSpurs

Really was a scorer of brilliant goals (as well as putting up great numbers), so many ridiculous finishes in that video.

6:37, 7:36 a couple of my favourites.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
In 4-5 years time, after he retires, he'll be a Real Madrid legend. As in, everybody involved with madrid from fans to media to groundskeeper's dog will look to him and treat him as a legend