Gareth Bale is...The most expensive player ever?!

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I'm serious. Bale and a top midfielder would be a dream summer, but it's a top midfielder we need first and foremost.
I would take Bale over any other reasonable target in the world.

They usually are.

Of course, for around 15 minutes before the goal he was constantly taking daft shots and pissing off his teammates, so it does come at a price.
Kind of reminds me about someone else that.

Castia

Another great goal, if he's ever going to leave Spurs it should be this summer now. 3 straight seasons without Champions League football (or a trophy) isn't good enough for a player of his ability.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
So, transfer this to the transfer forum? ;)

I doubt think we'll get him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You just knew what was going to happen when he took that ball down in that position. Great strike.
Off to Madrid or us I think (more likely madrid of course).

Leg-End

If he's even 1% available we should be on it like a rat up a drainpipe.

ricky-romeo

my word his left foot!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

i thought we signed the best "left foot" ( i mean the foot itself not the player as a whole although bale is not bad at all:)) in the premier league last summer but bale has somehow raised the bar with his screamers.

if he is available then we have to go for him. too good to miss out.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The best player in the Premier League this season.

Cina

feck Bale, let's just get Fellaini and Mirallas instead, it'll be grand.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Before anyone runs off and cries to the cafe admin, this isn't a wum. But genuinely, could Spurs have got in front earlier and really put the pressure or Arsenal had Bale not been on a bit of a self centred one man mission to get the decisive goal?

Dante

Average bang
Ronaldo might have something to say about that. And maybe Beckham.
And Henry.

I would love Bale here. He makes things happen even when it doesn't look possible. That a rare thing at this level, and something we should always look to add to the squad.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Madrid don't need him. But Di Maria would be fine for a consolation prize if they are desperate to spunk their cash.

Castia

Iv never expected or even dreamed of us spending 40m+ on a player but I have a feeling that could change this summer with Bale. SAF retiring, tons of new sponsorship and TV money and maybe 30m+ in for Rooney, I just feel we should break the bank and bring in a marquee signing, Bale would be brilliant.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Madrid don't need him. But Di Maria would be fine for a consolation prize if they are desperate to spunk their cash.
I'd pay to see him and Ronaldo in the same team, two players taking pot shots from everywhere for 90 minutes while their team mates sit and play on the grass!

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Iv never expected or even dreamed of us spending 40m+ on a player but I have a feeling that could change this summer with Bale. SAF retiring, tons of new sponsorship and TV money and maybe 30m+ in for Rooney, I just feel we should break the bank and bring in a marquee signing, Bale would be brilliant.
He would but I doubt we are even going to try. Spurs would literally rip us off and he doesn't seem like a United signing anyway in that we haven't really gone after the hot flavours in recent years.

Cina

He would but I doubt we are even going to try. Spurs would literally rip us off and he doesn't seem like a United signing anyway in that we haven't really gone after the hot flavours in recent years.
Uh, RvP?

Castia

I know we dont usually go for such signings but after SAF retires and Rooney leaves we need a response, it's not a normal summer so to speak.
It might not be Bale it could be somebody else but I still feel like we will sign a top player.

Mersault

Why would he be unattainable for us? Spurs would rip us off? How, by trying to get a fair deal?

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Yeah he'd cost £50-£60 million and rightly so. Though I think any more than 60 is too much.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Too good to be playing in the Europa league again, he would be perfect in our side but the problem is he would cost in excess of £40m.

Castia

They do get decent fee's for their players but they also always sell their players as well. The longer they go without Champions League football the harder it is for them to hold onto their best players. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he's sold this summer.

Number7

Ret's Slave
I still struggle with the idea that Manchester United couldn't afford £40million for a player. He'll be on the move and it'll be a crime if we aren't interested.

Mersault

What's the problem with him costing 30-40 even 50m? If we sell Rooney, that's probably 30m and loads saved on wages. A new manager taking over from SAF would surely get some cash injection as well. Even though we've not spent that much in the past, I don't think that's any hindrance. It's like when people say a star player has been offered a new contract to be the highest paid player in the history of a club - thing is, wages are always on the up, so it's a pointless comparison to the past.