Gareth Bale Transfer Speculation | Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Bale at Real Madrid:

"What are you doing at my house Gareth, I told you in training to stop copying everything I do. I live here. Not you"
"What are you doing at my house Gareth, I told you in training to stop copying everything I do. I live here. Not you"
"Stop copying me!"
"stop copying me!"
*Duo arm waving tantrum commences*
"That's it! I'm joining United"
"Spurs"
"Spur....bugger"

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I don't agree with this, on his day Di Maria is a better player than Walcott but I think injuries has hindered his progress. If he can work to get to a better standard then he would be the better of the two.
I think he's overrated because he plays for Real Madrid, he couldn't cut it in the PL. He's far too feeble and quick to go down.

pauldyson1uk

Bale at Real Madrid:

"Stop copying me!"
"stop copying me!"
*Duo arm waving tantrum commences*
"Spurs"
"Spur....bugger"

:lol: somebody watches the Regular Show

Cina

I think he's overrated because he plays for Real Madrid, he couldn't cut it in the PL. He's far too feeble and quick to go down.
Despite the fact that plenty of Real "rejects" have gone on to be excellent when the club got rid?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Despite the fact that plenty of Real "rejects" have gone on to be excellent when the club got rid?
Plenty doesn't mean all. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just don't think he'd do well in the PL. I certainly don't think he'd add much to Arsenal, not when you consider how well Arshavin did and he was a similar sort of player.

Cina

Plenty doesn't mean all. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just don't think he'd do well in the PL. I certainly don't think he'd add much to Arsenal, not when you consider how well Arshavin did and he was a similar sort of player.
He was?

Di Maria is excellent, he'd do well here.

Aint gota Kalou

They're nothing alike. Di Maria is a lot more direct, is a lot quicker and works ridiculously hard getting up and down whichever wing he's on. His passing range is good for a winger too.

Arshavin at his best was a lot more two footed, and still stupidly lazy. I don't think they're alike at all.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Di Maria would do great here or at Arsenal. He's also nothing like Arshavin.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Wait now, did someone genuinely just say di Maria is the same as arshavin? That might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in here, with the possible and notable exception of the person who claimed Kanoute was better than Rooney.

Hal9000

Would love Bale here, but for £125 mil? Get to feck, not even worth half that yet.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Do they actually mean 75m +10m/year wages? I can see someone at OT saying that's what Bale would cost the club - I might even have said it myself, if I'd been there on Monday night :lol:

They can't mean 125m, even as a will-never-happen joke by the "reporter". Surely.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Has he compared himself to a slave yet? Or has he not reached that particular chapter of "Becoming Ronaldo"?

Cina

"Woody, get me Fabregas!"
"Alright no bother, 26m should do it Moyesy."
"Seems a bit low..."
"Shut up Moyesy, I know what I'm doing. 26m"

"Well Moyesy, that failed, next?"
"Ok get me Felatio and Bongs"
"Alright, 26m should do it."
"... each?"
"No, both, shut up Moyesy!"

"Well that didn't work, next?
"Could try Bale?"
"Yeah, good idea, let's see, 126m"
"Really?"
"lol no, the 1 was an accident. 26m"
"... I hate you"

CallyRed

Furthermore Blatter hasn't got himself involved yet to say he should be allowed to move and Tottenham are effectively keeping his hostage

KanieKaned

comedy price that. So the press have put 2 + 2 together from Moyes' quotes and come up with 125 thats fabulous calculating right there. I expect to see these folk on countdown in no time.

Sir A1ex

Moriarty

Unless we are serious, why bother indeed? Moyes could have just ruled it out, but to even associate us with a bid for Bale, especially considering how we have failed to land anyone so far, is putting a hell of a lot of pressure on Woodward to get something done. Over paying for Fellaini would be laughable, not getting him because we don't want to now overpay is bordering ridiculous, 2 failed bids for Baines, 2 more for Fabregas. Woodward had made himself look pretty naïve and failed miserably to achieve even proper dialogue with the clubs whose players we have attempted to buy. He has made questionable bids, read situations completely wrong, or has been mugged into reading them wrong. Whatever, he looks pretty clueless so far.

Why the feck would we now look to throw our hat in the ring with Madrid so late in the day? It just raises expectation and puts further pressure on the manager and CE to bring whoever they target in and quickly. Unless we are totally serious and Moyes has now demanded they pay what it takes, - which I find unlikely- it makes no sense to simply put in another inadequate bid that is doomed to fail. It will just be too big a failure -especially when added to the others- for Woodward to keep his job with any credibility left.
Nail meet hammer. I'm not saying a club like United shouldn't be interested in Bale but despite what's being said about money being no object, it clearly is, and has been for a while. By all means try if there's a chance but we can't compete with the likes of Real, Chavski and the bitters financially. That leaves a desire on the player's part to join United and I don't think that's the case here.

StuCol

Chimp
"Let's run with Bale to United for £125m... but we need a source... let's phone Mickey Thomas...
...Mickey, it's the Mirror here - how much for you to say Bale's going to United for £125m?"
"Er... £500"
"Deal"
"OK. Bale's going to United for £125m"
"Nice one, cheque's in the post"
:lol:

pauldyson1uk

I think he is acting like an arse, not turning up for training and moaning to the press about how it is being handled.
He is still s Spuds player and he should be fulfilling his contractual requirements and that would include training.

Status
Not open for further replies.