Gareth Bale vs Madrid

El Jefe

Is anyone else happy that Gareth Bale and his agent are sticking to their guns in this Madrid saga. I know Bale is a millionaire and sometimes we feel as if they have no feeling but I honestly think he's been bullied by the Madrid media, board, players and Zidane himself. I've never seen a club try and hound a player out of a club as much as Madrid have with Bale. If Bale was a prick like Tevez or Balotelli, it would make sense but he's been well behaved from what I can tell.

What makes it all disgusting in my view is he was vital in 2 of the 4 CL wins in the last five years. They don't win the first or the last won without him IMO. This isn't a case of Alexis Sanchez with us, this is a player who has excelled at the club. Bale's confidence is totally shot atm and probably has been for the last 2 years so his bad performances are inevitable.

Granted his injury record, wages and poor form means he represents poor value for money for Madrid at this point in time but that doesn't justify the blatant harassment that he's going through. His teammates talk shite about him in the media and his manager is just as bad. It's clear the media are also trying to influence him to leave the club through constant reports in the Madrid papers.

I'm loving it that Bale is giving it back to them. After going through all that, I would never give Madrid the result they want. Pay me off my full contracts worth or I will stay here and play golf all day, speaking English at the training ground and order fish and chips at a paella restaurant. If Madrid had handled this like any other club, Bale probably would have decided to go elsewhere to get more game time. However at this point, it's personal now and I sense Bale and his agent are determined to leave with their pockets line up in a final big feck you to Madrid as a whole.

Bwuk

Fair play to Bale.

They gave him the contract, it's on them. Plus, if they sell him it gives them more £££ to sign Pogba with.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If he scored the goals he did for Real Madrid for us he would be given hero status and celebrated for years.

They treat players like shit. Good for him, hope he stays and mugs them.

Chairman Steve

They’re as bad as each other and therefore deserve each other. Real being typically unclassy when they want to get rid of someone. Bale basically showing the world he has feck all application and desire to play anywhere else.

Bales entitled to get his money but at a cost professionally. He’s basically told the world he’s a mercenary. I won’t have that pundit tripe about how he just wants to play football.

redshaw

He also created the own goal which sent them through to the final in the drab semi final against City.

Might as well keep him, he's been very influential in their CL wins. Bale should tough it out as a sub.

clarkydaz

Genuinely the last player I thought would pull this stunt :lol:. He seems so meek and vanilla, but fair play hope he sticks it out at least a season

Hulksmash

He can stay but he will not play anytime for Madrid next season. If he truly loves football he won't let it happen

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
They’re as bad as each other and therefore deserve each other. Real being typically unclassy when they want to get rid of someone. Bale basically showing the world he has feck all application and desire to play anywhere else.

Bales entitled to get his money but at a cost professionally. He’s basically told the world he’s a mercenary. I won’t have that pundit tripe about how he just wants to play football.
Nah. Its not his fault hes injured certainly not to the extent that they damage his possessions. Hes scored huuuuuge goals for them. 2 cl winning goals and that cup winning solo run vs barca makes him a hero at any other club.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Bale is within his right to make it as difficult as possible after the treatment he got in Madrid. Real Madrid's pocket is not deep enough to send him to play in reserve. Bale holds all the card now. He should refuse all "loan to buy" deal or pay cut deal, and just make RM to pay him out and leave for free.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I can't see why anyone wouldn't be on his side. Yes, he's had injuries, but he's contributed massively to their recent success. They even acknowledged that by offering a huge contract. Now the wanna toss him to the curb? NO, employers wouldn't get away with that in the real world (at least where I live), I don't see why a football team should.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s within his rights to stay and fight for his place. He’s basically being forced out, and the way it’s being handled is a mess, but that’s not his fault.

MysticRed

Supports
Liverpool
Let’s be honest. If your employer wanted to get rid of you and other employers were offering considerably less salary you would probably not move on unless they pay you to go.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The only way out is RM take a huge financial loss on him, and he joins Spurs this summer.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I wouldn't say he has excelled but he's had prominent moments but he hasn't been as consistent as the club needs him due to a lot of injuries. Aside from that I'd say he's a good professional and wants to have an important role, and I'm my book that's a good thing but Zidane doesn't seem to rate him as much and maybe just wants him out to free wages, his sport and bring someone else.

Personally I think he can still be useful and will surely get play time if we don't manage to sell but it also depends on who would come to replace him.

Irwin99

The only way out is RM take a huge financial loss on him, and he joins Spurs this summer.
Would still be a very good player for them too... or us. A loan move with Real paying a fair bulk of his wages would seem the only option, or as part of swap deal where they still pay a decent part of his wages. I just can't see a huge club buying him for a hefty fee with his injury record and wage demands.

Edit- literally just read the article where his agent says that a loan won't happen EVER :lol: oh well.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
No way he is joining Spurs, They have a wage cap of 200k a week. Which is what Kane is on, apparently Bale is on around 600k a week at RM. Even if RM offered to pay half his wages it's still well above Spurs wage cap. Bayern, PSG, China maybe? Not a lot of options for Bale on those sort of eye watering wages.

Gasolin

I love the fact that Real is struggling to offload him. Anything else, as long as we are not involved, and we should not be involved, is fine. It's their Sanchez so let them deal with it. If that messes up with their attempt to sign Pogba? Even better.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I think he’s wasted the last couple years and if he wants to carry on like this he’s going to waste the rest of his career wasting away at RM. Sure he will make a shit ton of money doing nothing but the very best players are supposed to be winning trophies and making history not sitting around.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I think he’s wasted the last couple years and if he wants to carry on like this he’s going to waste the rest of his career wasting away at RM. Sure he will make a shit ton of money doing nothing but the very best players are supposed to be winning trophies and making history not sitting around.
Won 4 cls few cups la liga and got wales to a european semi. Hes won and done plenty and been treated like shit.

SER19

If he scored the goals he did for Real Madrid for us he would be given hero status and celebrated for years.

They treat players like shit. Good for him, hope he stays and mugs them.
Bicycle kick in the champions league final v Liverpool? There'd be a Gareth Bale Stand

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I understand the fact that he wants to fulfill the contract, and often the fans want the players to fulfill the contract when we are interested and we forget that detail in the inverse case.
However, in elite football circumstances change abruptly in 6 months, and although it is happening to us which obviously is gratifying for other teams fans, the truth is that it is not usual for a player of that level not to accept reality.
His performance is ultimately what has led to this situation, and this coach, who condemns him, was the one who said at a press conference that the BBC would play whenever they were available.
He may think that his luck will change over the course of the season, or that he will end up having minutes. From what I have seen with Zidane, he seems a very stubborn person and I doubt he will use him even in an emergency situation.

Cloud7

Even if he never contributed anything to Madrid, which he very much has, the fact is that the club offered him a contract and they have to be held to it. No one forced Madrid to give him the contract they did. If you don’t want to play him or can’t sell him, then tough luck. That’s the way it goes sometimes.

And yes I’m well aware that similar logic can be applied to us and Sanchez.

Madrid are twats when they want rid. Priced Owen out of a return to Liverpool despite getting him for free and wanting rid, made ADM join United when he was desperate to join PSG. They treat their unwanted like cattle at a cattle market.

Brilliant that Bale is having none of it, should be an absolute hero there.

In fact, thinking about what he’s achieved there, he should be a bigger hero than Zidane even.

Cloud7

That’s your opinion. For Bale this is a job and his livelihood. He’s not under any obligation to be winning trophies and making history.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Even if he never contributed anything to Madrid, which he very much has, the fact is that the club offered him a contract and they have to be held to it. No one forced Madrid to give him the contract they did. If you don’t want to play him or can’t sell him, then tough luck. That’s the way it goes sometimes.

And yes I’m well aware that similar logic can be applied to us and Sanchez.
Yeah but at least we can moan about Sanchez because he's been shite

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I'm glad he is there wasting Madrid's money but if I was him I would leave. Why stay at a club that doesn't want you? You can argue about his huge contract all day but at some point it has to be about more than just money, especially when you are absurdly wealthy.
I think he knows that he can't handle the premiership any more and that leaves him with very limited options.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I understand the fact that he wants to fulfill the contract, and often the fans want the players to fulfill the contract when we are interested and we forget that detail in the inverse case.
However, in elite football circumstances change abruptly in 6 months, and although it is happening to us which obviously is gratifying for other teams fans, the truth is that it is not usual for a player of that level not to accept reality.
His performance is ultimately what has led to this situation, and this coach, who condemns him, was the one who said at a press conference that the BBC would play whenever they were available.
He may think that his luck will change over the course of the season, or that he will end up having minutes. From what I have seen with Zidane, he seems a very stubborn person and I doubt he will use him even in an emergency situation.
Well then its the Madrid board who come off as mugs in such a scenario. A manager is well within his rights to pick whatever team he wants, but if everyone else is unavailable or injured or whatever and the manager still isn't playing a player due to a personal vendetta, then the board needs to call out the manager for wasting the club's money to play out his vendetta. Also, its not like Bale has been unprofessional or missed training or anything like that. He's merely underperformed and its a manager's prerogative to make an underperforming player play well if they can't get rid off him.

Crustanoid

Don’t worry, Madrid, once Ed has fvcked our Summer up royally, on deadline day we’ll give you 100 mil and Bale 5 years on 1mil p.w.

RedStarUnited

Maybe im alone here, but I don't think Bale is 'sticking it' to Madrid. He is actually 'stuck' because in this window he is not desirable to any team he would want to go to. The reason his agent is talking so much is because no one really wants him, so he knows if Bale moves the wages will have to drop significantly.

Madrid are stuck and Bale is stuck. The moment a top team wants him enough, Bale will be gone.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
While he's well within his right to stay at Madrid, I don't think I'll ever fully understand why any multi millionaire footballer wouldn't want to be at a club where he'd be appreciated and get playing time. It's not like they'll need the money. In Bale's case, though, the constant injuries are the main problem, so while he could take lower wages and go to Spurs, United or some other place, he'd still be injured a lot. So if it it comes down to getting 600k to be injured in Madrid or 200k to be injured at Chelsea, I know what I'd do. Even if it means getting some abuse by the fans.

Cloud7

While he's well within his right to stay at Madrid, I don't think I'll ever fully understand why any multi millionaire footballer wouldn't want to be at a club where he'd be appreciated and get playing time. It's not like they'll need the money. In Bale's case, though, the constant injuries are the main problem, so while he could take lower wages and go to Spurs, United or some other place, he'd still be injured a lot. So if it it comes down to getting 600k to be injured in Madrid or 200k to be injured at Chelsea, I know what I'd do. Even if it means getting some abuse by the fans.
Even if he wasn’t injured all the time, the guy’s won 4 CL trophies and La Liga. Realistically Wales aren’t going to win anything in his career. Where’s his motivation supposed to come from? At this stage of his career, having racked up a better trophy haul than 99% of players, I can see why he would prefer to take it easy at Madrid, rather than slugging it out at Spurs, United or Chelsea.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well within his rights to stay and I would completely do the same if I was in his shoes. Nearing the end of my career and any next contract I take would be significantly lower than my current deal. Aye, 200k would still be loads but 500k means you have plenty to piss away if you muck up.