Gareth Bale

arthurka

We could have him , Ronaldo and Messi but with this tactical setup we wouldn't score any more goals .. We need a right winger , if Bale is available I would like to get him . But Real would fleece us. .

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's actually perfect for Mourinho. Bale doesn't need his team to create high quality chances for him to finish, just feed him enough balls in/around the box and he'll score. He's really a Cristiano lite, makes life a hell of a lot easier on his teammates

Problem is the day he walks into Carrington, shakes Jones hand, hamstrings gone. 3 months out(both of them)

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably the only player available that could conceivably be worth losing Martial for. Sanchez, Lukaku and Bale sounds potentially devastating to me.
Agree but there are a few others better than Martial also imo. But a fit Bale would be a dream.

Lawman

You're right, it is a dream.
You’re right Jim that is the problem but is it still worth the gamble? A fit Bale is the best winger in the league imo. If fit what an upgrade it would be on Mata.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
If he's still fit like he is at present I think I would now take the gamble after digesting this season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
A fit bale would give us the extra goals we need to win the league.

There are nit enough goals from the other areas to supplement Lukaku

I’d be surprised if Madrid sell though. He’s happy there and in good form

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
You’re right Jim that is the problem but is it still worth the gamble? A fit Bale is the best winger in the league imo. If fit what an upgrade it would be on Mata.
Fit Bale is perfect for Mourinho, but I can't see him staying fit, especially in EPL. He will come on huge wages with probably a minimum of 3-year-contract. It is a massive gamble.

Personally, I feel it is not a good idea. But, I also see why it could be tempting for the club and Jose.

Lawman

Fit Bale is perfect for Mourinho, but I can't see him staying fit, especially in EPL. He will come on huge wages with probably a minimum of 3-year-contract. It is a massive gamble.

Personally, I feel it is not a good idea. But, I also see why it could be tempting for the club and Jose.
I’d love him and Draxler this summer with Draxler playing midfield breaking forward. Add a left back and we’d be flying.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sign Bale, hire a shaman to keep him fit.
Also force him to eat whatever Ji Sung Park ate when He was still at the club.
You can't go wrong with Korean herbs and Shamanism.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Agree but there are a few others better than Martial also imo. But a fit Bale would be a dream.
This is true but I still have a lot of belief Martial will be a Ballon d'Or nominee. Not a winner and probably never the best in his position, but among the elite. And he's ours so I would rather him over Dembele, even if he's potentially better.

For me Bale would be the only player we could bring in that wouldn't make it bittersweet.

Lawman

This is true but I still have a lot of belief Martial will be a Ballon d'Or nominee. Not a winner and probably never the best in his position, but among the elite. And he's ours so I would rather him over Dembele, even if he's potentially better.

For me Bale would be the only player we could bring in that wouldn't make it bittersweet.
I’d rather have Dembele every day of the week my friend.

Oldyella

He's actually perfect for Mourinho. Bale doesn't need his team to create high quality chances for him to finish, just feed him enough balls in/around the box and he'll score. He's really a Cristiano lite, makes life a hell of a lot easier on his teammates

Problem is the day he walks into Carrington, shakes Jones hand, hamstrings gone. 3 months out(both of them)
The resistable force meets the movable object.

lsd

The Oracle
He’s only 28. If he was 30 then definitely no but he’s 28 and had a lot of rest this season which should do him good the next couple seasons. And yea, that left foot is lethal along with his work rate. He’s definitely a handful and a risk I’d be fine taking.

They wanted £80m last year and no one budged. Clubs know he’s taking up a pretty big portion of RMs wage bill and with him having been relied on less, common sense says the price drops and they’ll have to be somewhat reasonable unless they want to keep him around longer.

Unfortunately, I don’t see us getting anyone younger than 24 that’s proven. The club, boards, and manager seem dialed in on bringing in proven players who will make instant impacts. Thus the Alexis transfer which will phase out Martial in all likelihood. Don’t have the time to be patient and develop with the way they’re looking to win.

29 and he has not had plenty of rest he has been injured which is not the same thing .

Every injury takes it toil on your body and Bale is pretty much broken now

lsd

The Oracle

There are nit enough goals from the other areas to supplement Lukaku

I’d be surprised if Madrid sell though. He’s happy there and in good form

Lost your argument at a fit bale ....may as well say we would be great with a ten legged alien playing for us

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
If he's still fit like he is at present I think I would now take the gamble after digesting this season.
Yes and yes :)

...although I’m just as much expecting him to be signed as him not to be. Either way nbd. Just wouldn’t mind getting him now that things have changed.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Lost your argument at a fit bale ....may as well say we would be great with a ten legged alien playing for us
Unless I’m looking at the wrong season he’s had 37 appearances this season with 18 goals so far. As long as we didn’t overpay I’d take him in a heartbeat.

He’s a big game player, scores in finals when it matters and his experience would be invaluable for developing players like Chong

Trizy

For the price he'd cost and his wages (ignoring the fact he's past it and injury prone) we could sign pretty much any right winger in the world.

There are better long term options available. Bailey gets my vote.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Don’t listen to this chump Jose

Bale was born to play for United
Except that he keeps distancing himself from all links to United, and he hasn't once shown any interest whatsoever in playing for us. You might say that doesn't mean feck all but his response to the Bayern links was markedly different from when he was linked to us.

JMack1234

Last year i'd of driven to Madrid myself to bring him here but now, i'm sorry, that time has passed and we signed our experienced winger in January. With have no idea if Alexis---Lukaku---Bale would work because Jose isn't a manager who gets the best out of attacking players.

Plus when you look at Bale the player he has one major strength and one major weakness. His main strength is that he's an athlete with pace to burn and his weakness is his appalling injury record.

The first gets weaker as a player gets older and the former gets even worse as a player gets older.

lsd

The Oracle
The guy is past his best and was past his best and too injury prone this time last year when the same debate was going on.

The only difference now is he is even further past his best and still to injury prone .

He is not Ronaldo and has not altered his game to play at a high level in his 30s

Add all that to he has never shown any interest in playing for us and I really don't see how anyone could want the guy anywhere near us

I know if we did sign him fans of city and Liverpool would be loving it .

poleglass red

Wouldn't touch Bale, no doubt quality player but for the money involved he's not worth the risk. His injury record in Spain has been appalling, can you imagine him in a more physical and quicker league like the Pl now with his recent injury record. I rate him very highly but too much risk.We know how frustrated we get with Jones and his endless sick notes, can you imagine how we feel about our star attacker doing the same.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Van Persie had bigger fitness issues than this guy just before he went supernova.

reddaz71

Bale in a free role behind Lukaku would do plenty of damage,easily plunder 20 goals for us and that could be absolutely decisive if we have genuine Title winning aspirations!

Reactions: golden_blunder

AndyJ1985

There aren't even any sources linking him to us. What's with all the discussion about him?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
There aren't even any sources linking him to us. What's with all the discussion about him?
He scored twice for Madrid last weekend, that's why.

Bale had his chance to move here multiple times and he preferred to go elsewhere, Griezmann turned us down as well which resulted in us signing Sanchez. Whether people like it or not, we made our bed with Sanchez and it's gonna be like that for at least another 2 years before we look for a replacement. We could sign a young winger but that would be dependent on what Martial decides to do this summer. There are more glaring concerns in our squad to fix.

RedDevil@84

Funny how that some people (higher count than usual) are warming up to signing him and are imagining stuff like if he is fit and running around like 2013, when those years are long gone.
Might be the silly season bug getting to people. Or maybe everyone likes the story of a British Hero