Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look-a-Hill

I would, on loan. We're not getting Sancho and he's clutch af. Being back in the UK might reset his mindset given he's clearly not happy at Madrid and on his day he's still a match winner. We need a right sided forward more than anything. Rather a punt on Bale than anyone other than Sancho for next season. And if Greenwood presses on Sancho might be an after thought.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I wouldn’t go shopping for used cars anytime soon if I was you.
I can't drive so I limit myself to 5 hours a day reading Excange & Mart looking for used cars these days

You nuts?
Yeah I am, but I did only say be tempted, not that I definitely would.
Your obsession with Pogba is verging on scary. If he ever goes missing the mods need to give your IP to the police.
I'm not sure it's my apparent obsession with Pogba that's the problem here.

Guess it's my fault Pogba goes missing on the pitch more than a supposed world-class should?

I’m glad some of you lunatics couldn’t be further away from the decision making at the club. What the feck
Strengthen two areas of the squad that desperately need it, in exchange for a player who apart from a few highlights has been a major disappointment. Lunacy!

You are having a deliberate wind up now :)
See my reply to TsuWave

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would rather just play Greenwood. Don't see any of United/City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal go for him. Even Spurs it wouldn't make sense but you never know with Mourinho. Don't think they can afford him though.

lolok

I would, on loan. We're not getting Sancho and he's clutch af. Being back in the UK might reset his mindset given he's clearly not happy at Madrid and on his day he's still a match winner. We need a right sided forward more than anything. Rather a punt on Bale than anyone other than Sancho for next season. And if Greenwood presses on Sancho might be an after thought.
I'd take him on a 1 year loan if we get Madrid to pay some of his salary. I feel like he would be motivated AF to prove Madrid wrong. He is another attacking weapon that United could use and I'd rather see him in there instead of Mata or Lingard. Limited risk, since all you are paying his salary for a year. That said-- I've heard different reports on the amount of wages that he is on. If they are ridiculous, I'd want Madrid to pay some of his wages.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's a bit of a knob but if Real offered Bale and Reguilón in a swap deal for Pogba would be tempted to take it.
I have some lovely beans I think you'd be interested in.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's going back to Spurs, isn't he? Mourinho loves him. Real would do well to agree to cancel his contract and Spurs could justify the outlay in wages through a signing bonus, given they don't have to pay a fee. That way, he gets all the monnies he wants.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's going back to Spurs, isn't he? Mourinho loves him. Real would do well to agree to cancel his contract and Spurs could justify the outlay in wages through a signing bonus, given they don't have to pay a fee. That way, he gets all the monnies he wants.
He is owed more than 60M € over the course of the next two seasons (before tax). Spurs are not going to pay him anything close to that. They would be mental to offer him half of that. Let Real Madrid pay out the difference.

manutddjw

Of course he’s going to say he wants to play football but put yourself in his shoes. He’s living the good life in Spain making ridiculous money. He’s not going to give that up to make half the money in England. When his Madrid deal expires, he’ll have MLS money on the table probably from Miami which is in a state with excellent golf courses, beautiful women and very good cocaine.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
This has to go the same way Sanchez did. That's who you handle these situations. Let him go on a free, he replaces his income with you at another club, and the selling club (Madrid) cough up the difference. Bale can almost certainly negotiate a 3 year contract elsewhere, get a signing bonus and 200K a week, and Madrid pay him off the remaining 25M or so he would be owed over that two year period. I don't understand the logic of holding onto a depreciating asset that you no longer require, and will cost 60M over two years. It's just a numbers game now, and Madrid have played it badly. I feel like COVID will force their hand due to cash flow issues.

Jacob

Stop-gap for Sancho for a year, sure.

Doubt Bale would accept a one-year contract/loan though.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
A 31 year old hugely injury prone winger who has shown feck all interest in football for years and actively takes the piss on the bench for his club. He is finished at the top level.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Bale is a very good actor

davidmichael

Please god no, let’s delete this thread before Woodward comes on here and sees the thread title then gets ideas in his head that the fans want Bale so he’s going to give us what we want.

GoldanoGraham

It’s hardly criminal if a shithouse club like Madrid decide to pay you 500k a week then decide you’re surplus to requirements. Would you move just to satisfy them or move if it suits your career to move? He’s not the first to sit tight in his contract.

Double standards on here
I don’t care what Madrid do and I’m pleased they are getting fleeced - what I’m saying is a multi multi millionaire like Bale, whose won countless CL’s and trophies at Madrid has the mentality to sit tight and not play, wasting his undoubted talent all for some pride issue - he could have agreed a settlement at the least - but seriously, would you want someone who has behaved like that at our club?
Thought we had moved on from the Mercenaries era....:.Bale was great......he isn't anymore as he has no hunger - that’s not double standards - that’s reality

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I wouldn't worry about him coming to United. If we're not willing to sanction the Sancho deal for financial reasons, when he's an emerging superstar with enormous re-sale value, we're not going to spend huge money on a wage for a 31 year old, to then have to fix the original problem next summer, potentially at a higher cost.

Irwin99

There's still a very good player there if he can stay injury free (and if Real pay a fair chunk of his salary). Would be interested to see if he'd do well at Spurs under Jose.

Zen

I get no indication he wants to return to the PL or hell, he's all that fussed to leave RM from that interview. Can't believe even the BBC have ran with him "being open". He was massively vague.

lsd

The Oracle
Why would any club want someone who has shown no interest at all in actually playing football but just wants to sit on the bench counting his money while mocking the players that do ?

Alemar

He's a bit of a knob but if Real offered Bale and Reguilón in a swap deal for Pogba would be tempted to take it.
Bale has negative value. So offering Bale means effectively asking for money - it would essentially mean we would pay for the opportunity to give them Pogba.

so, no thanks - only a few of their YOUNG wonderkids, not any old overpaid golfers

Icemav

Of course he’s going to say he wants to play football but put yourself in his shoes. He’s living the good life in Spain making ridiculous money. He’s not going to give that up to make half the money in England. When his Madrid deal expires, he’ll have MLS money on the table probably from Miami which is in a state with excellent golf courses, beautiful women and very good cocaine.
Yeah he has made and continues to make ridiculous money. He has also achieved more than he could have dreamt of. I can understand why he is not too bothered. Not sure he is driven to achieve much more at this stage which might be the vibe other clubs get at the moment. Things can change though v quickly but I think it requires a statement of intent from his side regarding personal ambitions to play in another specific league and win silverware.. otherwise why would another top club make the investment in him. MLS move later makes more sense than anything else right now.

Last edited:

M4nu4Life

12 months on load, on reduced wages then I would do it and get Sancho next year.

Jibbs

I was searching for a white text. Replace Varane with Bale and I might be tempted. Varane and Reguilon.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If greenwood hadn’t hit the ground running so well I’d have said absolutely no to Bale under any circumstances. even now I can’t believe I’m saying this but with a loan you can’t really lose. he’s probably done but it’s worth the risk for cover over there as long as he’s fit. He’s had such a long rest now maybe his injuries have had more time to heal? We are definitely still short on game changing players and we need to roll the dice soon especially if we aren’t getting sancho.

matsdf

If Giggsy is impressed with him during the national break, maybe we could call Dortmund on their bluff and gamble on Bale for a year. He was such a world class player at his best, something in me just feels he has one last bag of tricks left.

Reactions: Sultan

Amerifan

Like Messi he’d be more a distraction than an asset. Stay the course and build a solid team for the future.

I wish Bale all best. Somewhere else.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Stay far away from him. We are on the right path of late with regards to our targets. Bale would a step in the wrong direction.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Like Messi he’d be more a distraction than an asset. Stay the course and build a solid team for the future.

I wish Bale all best. Somewhere else.
Messi wouldn't be a distraction. He would incredible at United. However, I do think we need Sancho right now in this moment in time. He's the right fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.