Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLord

Florentino blundered when he didn't allow Bale to leave for China last year. The Chinese would have taken his huge bills (350k after taxes!). He has one of the best jobs in the world right now - earning a fortune playing some mediocre, non-competitive golf.
On a side note, he wouldn't be bad if Real Madrid agree to pay a part of his weekly wages and send him over to us for a one-year loan deal with no obligation to buy! Else, stay away from the brat.

GoldanoGraham

He was prepared to go to a China for £1m a week (or something huge like that), therefore that tells everyone his motivation......

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He's going back to Spurs, isn't he? Mourinho loves him. Real would do well to agree to cancel his contract and Spurs could justify the outlay in wages through a signing bonus, given they don't have to pay a fee. That way, he gets all the monnies he wants.
Spurs don't have the money to afford him.

And Mourinho has never worked with Bale.

murali_red

I hope Gareth milks Real Madrid for every penny that he has left on his contract (roughly 60M before taxes I think). They owe him for his Champions League heroics and still decided to block a move to China that would have made him the second best paid player on the planet behind Lionel Messi. That decision cost him an additional 60M € in career earnings.

Usually I might feel different about a quality player who decides to sit out his contract to collect pay-checks, but I have no sympathy for Real Madrid in this particular case.
Yes, we should take him only on loan with major wages paid by Madrid

Smores

If we can't get anyone else in I'd certainly take him on a year long loan even at the majority of his wages. Resolving our risk of a lack of depth up front is worth that much.

Woodzy

This ship has sailed......had his chance.....

remember - he was prepared to go to China last year for £1m a week - was taken from him late on and he’s thrown his toys out of the pram since - he’s no better than Tevez
Real won’t play him but pulled the plug on a move that actually suited him last year. Of course he’s better than Tevez.

Don’t condone his actions but the blame goes both ways in the case of Bale and Real Madrid.

We need an rvn

He was prepared to go to a China for £1m a week (or something huge like that), therefore that tells everyone his motivation......
I agree his motivation isn't what a lot of people think it should be with that talent he has, and he still has a lot to offer a club if he wanted too. But, at 30 years old and the amount of injuries he's had over the last few years, I honestly don't blame him. For all we know he's struggling daily with pain as a lot of players do towards the end of their career. He doesn't look like the player who will play on into their mid-late 30s. He's won what there is to win, multiple times. Is someone blocked you from earning £1 p/w do you blame him for sticking to his guns?

jackal&hyde

I would like him on loan with no obligation to buy. He would have a point to prove to Real and the World really that he is still a top player, it could work.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
If We can't get Sancho and plan to do sign him next year, I would prefer to get Bale on loan for a year.. than to sign young players (Coman, etc).

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
No thanks. I'd rather play Greenwood all year as right wing if Sancho doesn't come than having Bale.

He has astronomical wages and wouldn't be a better player than Sancho.

Another Sanchez type of player

Chief123

This ship has long sailed. Shouldn’t go anywhere near him.

When he’s clearly not motivated to play football why would you bring him in? He’s openly said he enjoys golf and only see football as a job.

Do you really think he’s going to give it blood, sweat and tears and dig deep in times during the season where things are tough? His only motivation to come to us is is he would be closer to home and be getting paid silly money.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Wider question really is, how much money can a athlete need?

I mean, I know you have a short career as a pro footballer but how expensive are a set of clubs and a big house in Wales?

I'll be honest, my mind has changed and now he comes across as a right bell piece, disrespecting his club, no desire to play, cashing a cheque, I have zero desire to see him in a United shirt.

The difference between 200k pw and 300k pw is enough to throw away years or your career? Trash.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wider question really is, how much money can a athlete need?

I mean, I know you have a short career as a pro footballer but how expensive are a set of clubs and a big house in Wales?

I'll be honest, my mind has changed and now he comes across as a right bell piece, disrespecting his club, no desire to play, cashing a cheque, I have zero desire to see him in a United shirt.

The difference between 200k pw and 300k pw is enough to throw away years or your career? Trash.
The difference is absolutely enormous.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
There is question marks over his desire to play at his full potential and put maximum effort in. Yes he has won multiple trophies at Madrid but how many PL titles does he have? That should be motivation enough for him to want to perform at the top of his ability to make that happen. Not saying we should be the club in for him, but if we were offered him for a loan and pay 40% of his wage with a clause to send him back at any time then I wouldn't be against the idea.

Super Hans

Bale complaining that Real Madrid are making things “very difficult”. It seems to me that Real wanted a transfer fee for him. Fair enough. He wanted to move for free and rake in £1 million per week. “I just want to play football!” Yeah right.

K Stand Knut

I’d take him for the right financial deal and as long as it wasn’t in place of any other targets.

Covers any position down the left.

No brainer

Member 101269

Florentino blundered when he didn't allow Bale to leave for China last year. The Chinese would have taken his huge bills (350k after taxes!). He has one of the best jobs in the world right now - earning a fortune playing some mediocre, non-competitive golf.
On a side note, he wouldn't be bad if Real Madrid agree to pay a part of his weekly wages and send him over to us for a one-year loan deal with no obligation to buy! Else, stay away from the brat.

Right; so, Bale doesn't train, doesn't look after himself, and refuses to do the duties when required by the Manager. If he wasn't turning up to training etc he'd be fined and in the papers for that. The only propaganda being used is that he plays golf. Why shouldnt he play golf when not required by the club? And a suggestion he refused to play, which was later debunked.

While people are playing the besmirch card he has less chance of leaving, even if he did leave he has rights and shouldnt have to bend to all RM wishes.

The issue is RM.

Oldyella

Some of you never fecking learn...
This this this! It finally seems like the club has a solid plan for what they want to do in the market and some people are all over a galactico who has already turned us down in the past, relied on his pace which is already going and seems more interested in golf than football.

flappyjay

This ship has sailed......had his chance.....

remember - he was prepared to go to China last year for £1m a week - was taken from him late on and he’s thrown his toys out of the pram since - he’s no better than Tevez
What wrong has Bale done. He was ready to leave, they canceled it. He continued training never left Madrid, it's not his fault he is no longer in Zidanes plans.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I’d take him for the right financial deal and as long as it wasn’t in place of any other targets.

Covers any position down the left.

No brainer
He hasn’t played left back for about 10 years :lol:

If he were to come in it would surely be on a loan where Madrid pay most of his wages and he’d be used up front like he is for Wales. He definitely shouldn’t be a Sancho alternative.

Champagne Football

He could potentially be an absolute revelation on loan for someone if Real allow him to go out on loan. You think of Robben and Sneijder unable to keep fit or stay consistent at Madrid, then go on to become the signing of the season in Europe as soon as they leave.

Bale is designed for the Premier League. He's fresh/rested and would probably feel he has a point to prove. I think if someone was willing to pay 250,000 a week towards his stupid Madrid wages then they might just land him on loan. Definitely won't be City, Liverpool or Chelsea as they are well stocked unless City want to bring him is as a squad player. Man Utd or PSG probably the only realistic loan options unless he goes to China or USA.

Super Hans

What wrong has Bale done. He was ready to leave, they canceled it. He continued training never left Madrid, it's not his fault he is no longer in Zidanes plans.
Nah, they wanted a fee. Bale wanted all the Chinese money to himself.

crossy1686

career ending
Signing Bale would be a worse decision than not signing anyone.
Yep! Finally get rid on Sanchez and then sign Bale. Absolutely moronic.
This has shades of Brendon thinking he was the manager that could finally get a tune out of Balotelli. Bale was 5 minutes away from joining a Chinese team and semi retiring and some of you think he’s the answer to our left and right wing? Jesus Christ...

RedRover

Real won’t play him but pulled the plug on a move that actually suited him last year. Of course he’s better than Tevez.

Don’t condone his actions but the blame goes both ways in the case of Bale and Real Madrid.
Agree with this. Madrid decided they wanted him out because it suited them to invest the cash elsewhere and decided to punt him to China while the going over there was good. I wouldn't have gone if I were him either, especially with a young family. Don't give a player a contract if you don;t want to honour it. It's a simple as that. Clubs are quite happy to hold a player to ransom if it suits them.

He's not handled it well since then but that's up to him. I can see why he was pissed off.

He'll find a club, still got something to offer I think. It won't be here though. Doesn't fit the profile.

FujiVice

It would laugh in the face of Solksjaers "right type of character" policy if we brought this bellend in.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It would laugh in the face of Solksjaers "right type of character" policy if we brought this bellend in.
Why is he a bellend? He’s never stopped training, he’s open to leave. What did I miss

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This has got disaster written all over it....!!

flappyjay

In that situation a club rarely ever wins Madrid are the ones at fault. We had to pay some of Sanchez's money and we went ahead with it, what would have been the benefit of keeping a player we don't want and is on crazy wages? Madrid actually had the chance to let him go without spending a thing.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Agree with this. Madrid decided they wanted him out because it suited them to invest the cash elsewhere and decided to punt him to China while the going over there was good. I wouldn't have gone if I were him either, especially with a young family. Don't give a player a contract if you don;t want to honour it. It's a simple as that. Clubs are quite happy to hold a player to ransom if it suits them.
Bale did want to go to China and had all the personal details agreed. Then at the last minute Real turned around and tried to change the agreed deal, demanding a transfer fee as well.

Real expecting a fee for an incredibly highly paid player that they actively wanted out was worse than if we expected a fee for Sanchez (worse since Bale is on significantly higher wages AND Sanchez had gone on loan for 12 months and proved he was decent at the buying club). Not only that, but all the agreements were done with Real releasing him for free, then at the last moment changing their mind and wanting a fee as well. It was utter stupidity from the club, which I believe they've since admitted.

romufc

Everyone blaming Madrid for the Bale situation.

Madrid signed alot of players last summer, then when Bale was about to leave they realised that they may still need him to play because Asensio got a long term injury.

Real might have been to blame but Bale is no angel. He has dis respected the club at every given opportunity.

Zlatanator

I think this week's internationals are key for him to attract any kind of interest from the clubs, maybe ole might have a word with Giggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.