Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was serious about his football he could have left ages ago. Turned us down too the fecker. I'm not saying I wouldn't take him on loan for a year but I doubt he'd even consider joining us.
He tried to leave last year, Real scuppered the deal at the last minute.

If his choices were spurs or Utd for a year on loan, I think he would choose us. He would appear he wants a permanent transfer, but that looks very unlikely, so he had limited options.

LoneStar

This guy hasn't been interested in football for a long time now. He was dispensable for Zidane and prefered to sit and collect his wages to play golf in Madrid relaxedly, instead of trying to move elsewhere to keep himself active in elite competition. There's many wrong things with this guy, including permanent injuries and outrageous wages as well, without even being half the player he was some years ago. We are a joke if we're seriously interested, even if it was on loan. A loss of money and time.
I agree, I would seriously doubt his motivation at this point. Besides, more likely than not he would be injured most of the time.

I’d rather we try to fill in some other role in defence this year rather than spend it on his wages (and that is assuming Madrid pay half his wages)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There would still be a fee and £300K a week to pay him.
I doubt it. Madrid would cover part of the wages and there's no way anyone will pay any sort of fee to take him on loan.

I'd still hate that move.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If Real wanted him out that badly surely the deal to China could be resurrected? I feel there is genuine interest from the PL and that is why Bale is still at Madrid.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If Sancho has even a good season I can't imagine him being any cheaper, but there'd be plenty more competition for his signature. We have a genuinely top talent that wants to sign for us and we've known his price all summer. If we've been bluffing or don't want to spend the money then who were 2nd/3rd choice when targets were discussed before the end of the season? If Bale has been our 2nd choice all along then they should all hang their heads in shame. If Bale is 5th choice due to the others no longer being available then why have we spent all summer pondering over Sancho when his fee was known in June?

As others have said, Perisic would be a far better stop-gap than Bale.
Well, that's a different topic. No one expected the pandemic to last this long and they probably would have felt its not appropriate to spend 120m on single player at this point of time . I trust Ed when it comes to financial matters. Its not like we have been shy to spend big when it mattered . So let's wait a bit and see how things are turning out before we blame the club.

Perisic is primarily a left winger. He can play on right but not sure how much effective he would be. He won't score enough goals and you would lose the unpredictability from right.

cyberman

I get your point but how many of the u18 gems are getting into the squad? Or did the youth overhaul happen too soon for that to really come into fruition yet? Chong perhaps counts.
2 of our front 3 are academy graduates with the oldest being 22? Can even include Pogba in there. Scott in midfield?
With the likes of Mejbri coming through we could really have a stupidly strong youth base. We already have the youngest 11 in the league.
When we have one of the brightest kids in world football on the RW, we really cant complain too much

RedRover

Incredible the number of people on here who have the inside line at supposedly how toxic he is at Madrid as if they're in the dressing room with him.

He may not be the player he was, nor even a player we should be looking at, but the level of criticism being levelled at a player who, by any decent measure has been very successful at one of the biggest clubs in the world, despite the circus that goes on around it, is bizarre.

He has not covered himself in glory over the last year, by all accounts, but he's been treated like rubbish by the club. Real is a toxic place, always has been. if your face doesn't fit you're on the outside. The fact that you've got Ramos mouthing off about him as the current Madrid mouthpiece tells you all you need to know about the place.

He will struggle to get anything other than a loan move anywhere because he needs to redeem himself. If he still has anything to offer that is his chance, and somebody may get a quality player on the back of it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Do you honestly believe that he'll accept such a deal. He'll want his fu salary covered one way or another. Hes been willing to sit on the bench wasting his career to collect big paychecks, he's not going to have an epiphany and stop that now.

And this is even without bringing up the issue with this deal going against everything we're trying to build toward, everything we stand for. Ole has been quite vocal about attitude and right profile for this team and Bale certainly doesn't fit at all.
He’s said he’s tried to leave a couple of times and has been blocked. He’s a professional footballer, he wants to play and looks forward to international’s just to get to play. Anything else is RM propaganda bs. On one hand they appear to want him to leave, ZZ clearly doesn’t like him but they block him from leaving. That’s just nasty. No wonder he doesn’t give a shit about RM anymore.

I’m sure ole can make calls to gauge a players attitude.

acnumber9

Yeah, a 300k p/w loan. Cos over the hill players looking for a pay day have worked so well for us in the past.
He’d hardly be coming to United for a pay day given he’s already getting paid those wages.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He’s said he’s tried to leave a couple of times and has been blocked. He’s a professional footballer, he wants to play and looks forward to international’s just to get to play. Anything else is RM propaganda bs. On one hand they appear to want him to leave, ZZ clearly doesn’t like him but they block him from leaving. That’s just nasty. No wonder he doesn’t give a shit about RM anymore.

I’m sure ole can make calls to gauge a players attitude.
Yeah he's tried to leave to China where he was going to be paid even more money than at Real Madrid.

Lynty

Yeah, a 300k p/w loan. Cos over the hill players looking for a pay day have worked so well for us in the past.
There would still be a fee and £300K a week to pay him.
Nobody is paying a fee, not a chance.

300k pw in wages is what...£9m for the season. Even if he only plays half the season, it's value for money.

djembatheking

He will be injured around Jan/Feb time next season, nothing major but enough to keep him out then he will make a full recovery being paid by United and using our training facilities to play for Wales in the summer. Even on loan it would show how things are wrong at United and with Woody in charge I can see it happening.

golden_blunder

Staff
Yeah he's tried to leave to China where he was going to be paid even more money than at Real Madrid.
Big deal? It was an offer on the table to get out of RM. again they blocked him from leaving. If he’s so bad and toxic why didn’t they let him leave? The Chinese club were prepared to let him pay him and RM wouldn’t have to pay the alleged 600k a week. So why did they stop him leaving??
It’s all RM bs

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He will be injured around Jan/Feb time next season, nothing major but enough to keep him out then he will make a full recovery being paid by United and using our training facilities to play for Wales in the summer. Even on loan it would show how things are wrong at United and with Woody in charge I can see it happening.
If he really just wanted to do nothing, surely he would just stay in Madrid? He won't be getting paid any extra to be in the Manchester rain at the end of the day...

(In fact I have no idea how the tax would work with a loan move, but if anything he'd be earning less right?)

starman

What the hell are you even talking about, "looking for a pay day" he's on a 600k p/w contract with Real, how does joining on loan become looking for a pay day from United? :confused:
Again, I repeat, do you even understand what a loan is?
Sanchez joined Inter on loan and United still paid 70% of his wages, do think United will be paying Bale's entire wages or on top of what he is earning already...

golden_blunder

Staff
Some people need to step back and work it through logically

Pros
Loan deal
Loan wages would equate to at most €9-10m for a season
Top class player, 2 footed and useful header
Experienced CL winner
Can play across all front 3
Familiar with PL

Cons
Injuries
RM lies and misdirection to sort through to get to the truth of his personality
He’s got a man bun
He’s good at golf
Some Caf posters don’t like him

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Big deal? It was an offer on the table to get out of RM. again they blocked him from leaving. If he’s so bad and toxic why didn’t they let him leave? The Chinese club were prepared to let him pay him and RM wouldn’t have to pay the alleged 600k a week. So why did they stop him leaving??
It’s all RM bs
I thought we were arguing about his willingness to give up money to play football. You mentioned that he could accept a pay as your play deal to which I said he wouldn't because he won't be willing to leave any money on the table.

You then brought up his near move away from Madrid and I told you he was willing to move away in order to earn even more money, not because he wanted to play football thus backing my point about him not making any move, decision that would affect the amount of dough he'll be getting.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Some people need to step back and work it through logically

Pros
Loan deal
Loan wages would equate to at most €9-10m for a season
Top class player, 2 footed and useful header
Experienced CL winner
Can play across all front 3
Familiar with PL

Cons
Injuries
RM lies and misdirection to sort through to get to the truth of his personality
Surely Giggs will have some idea of his personality?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Nobody is paying a fee, not a chance.

300k pw in wages is what...£9m for the season. Even if he only plays half the season, it's value for money.
Meanwhile Pogba, Martial, Bruno etc are watching Bale cash in more dough then them while chilling in the physio room with Phil Jones. Talk about giving squad harmony the middle finger.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
What the hell are you even talking about, "looking for a pay day" he's on a 600k p/w contract with Real, how does joining on loan become looking for a pay day from United? :confused:
Again, I repeat, do you even understand what a loan is?
Sanchez joined Inter on loan and United still paid 70% of his wages, do think United will be paying Bale's entire wages or on top of what he is earning already...
Do you understand that all the reports suggest we will pay 50% of his wages, and I repeat, will be roughly £300,000 per week, That’s more than any player in the squad bar De Gea.

Ole wants young hungry players that want to play for the club. Does Bale fit that profile?

The club have fecked up with Sancho by the looks of it so Bale is the next best option? Give me a break.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
A player who is earning more than 500k pw at RM is coming to united for a last paycheck :lol:

This place is laughable at times.

golden_blunder

Staff
I thought we were arguing about his willingness to give up money to play football. You mentioned that he could accept a pay as your play deal to which I said he wouldn't because he won't be willing to leave any money on the table.

You then brought up his near move away from Madrid and I told you he was willing to move away in order to earn even more money, not because he wanted to play football thus backing my point about him not making any move, decision that would affect the amount of dough he'll be getting.
I’m arguing every illogical bs that’s being raised against the idea.

Tell me why would RM want to keep him and pay him 600k a week if he’s toxic and unprofessional?

Actually, anyone answer me that question

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Meanwhile Pogba, Martial, Bruno etc are watching Bale cash in more dough then them while chilling in the physio room with Phil Jones. Talk about giving squad harmony the middle finger.
Agree completely. It’s just a loan though so it’s okay apparently.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Do you understand that all the reports suggest we will pay 50% of his wages, and I repeat, will be roughly £300,000 per week, That’s more than any player in the squad bar De Gea.

Ole wants young hungry players that want to play for the club. Does Bale fit that profile?

The club have fecked up with Sancho by the looks of it so Bale is the next best option? Give me a break.
Pogba's on £375,000 p/w too iirc

Strelok

If Real wanted him out that badly surely the deal to China could be resurrected? I feel there is genuine interest from the PL and that is why Bale is still at Madrid.
China has recently implemented a new rule that yearly salary for a foreign player can not exceed $3m. So no more China for Bale I guess.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I’m arguing every illogical bs that’s being raised against the idea.

Tell me why would RM want to keep him and pay him 600k a week if he’s toxic and unprofessional?

Actually, anyone answer me that question
Real kept him last minute because they had some unexpected injuries and didn't have the time to get someone else in so decided against letting him go in the eleventh hour.

golden_blunder

Staff
Real kept him last minute because they had some unexpected injuries and didn't have the time to get someone else in so decided against letting him go in the eleventh hour.
Sorry don’t buy that, they have a mountain of good young players coming through. They say he’s toxic and he costs 600k a week. Why keep him?

We were down to the bare bones but ole still shipped out Sanchez

Kaos

We might as well permanently relocate to the Chinese league considering we seem to be a destination for players past their prime seeking one last big pay cheque. Glazers/Woodward would probably love it too.

The amount of mental gymnastics here to justify this as a stellar acquisition too, its like we've learned nothing from Sanchez, and the half a dozen high profile expensive flops before him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Sorry don’t buy that, they have a mountain of good young players coming through. They say he’s toxic and he costs 600k a week. Why keep him?

We were down to the bare bones but ole still shipped out Sanchez
Worth mentioning that Zidane still didn't want him even with those late unexpected injuries but Florentino decided otherwise.

cyberman

Did Ole say all of his signings needs to be young and hungry? He dropped Scott for Matic for feck sake. Theres a balance to be struck.
Fans want long term planning yet shit the bed when that involves planning for signings 12 months down the line.
If we sign Bale on a loan then its shows we are planning for Sancho. Thats all there is to it. Otherwise we are creating problems down the line while spening funds we cant afford

starman

Again, how is that a pay day??
I don't believe anything till it's actually done. Real is the one with a 600k problem, you think United are going to be tight with the purse strings for Sancho and then suddenly go crazy for Bale???

Ole talking about signing players that grow with the squad is not the same thing as a loan, thats the entire concept of a loan, filling a gap until a permanent option becomes available...hence signing Igahlo

Lynty

Come on. These guys are not idiots.

Contractors, fixed term and freelance always have a higher salary than a a permanent employee to compensate for the unsecurity. It's basic business.

If we can't get Sancho, whats the alternative that will bring us value for money?

Status
Not open for further replies.