Garry Pallister - quickest player SAF has ever worked with

VII

And I thought we bought Bellion just for his speed?

dmode

Pallister and Bruce seemed to be ordinary players... but they are the major contributors to where we are today, at least for the second era... can you imagine a central defender scoring 16 goals in one season?

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Pallister and Bruce seemed to be ordinary players... but they are the major contributors to where we are today, at least for the second era... can you imagine a central defender scoring 16 goals in one season?
No.

But I can imagine one scoring 19 goals, like Bruce did in 90/91.

redspoony

I remember having some United video where SAF picked his favourite team....this was circa - 1994.....he said in that about Pally being the quickest player at the club.

Long bloody legs mind, bet they could propel him forward at some pace!

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
some sprinters start slowly but then accelerate very quickly. sometimes bolt doesnt look like he can win a 20-30m sprint, maybe similar to pally. But both are tall (leading to huge steps) and have good muscles at right places (leading to more power). bigger things build bigger momentum.

would you argue with fergie anyway?

gaffs

Its a fact.

In the early 90s, there was a sports show on Granada TV - i think it was probably hosted by Elton Welsby. They were doing a competition to find the fastest player in the league, so were going round clubs and the players were running 100 meters. I remember Pally came out on top at United. I cant remember who won the whole thing.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
I'm surpised that Rooney wasnt mentioned, who i though was quick. The goal vs Bolton last season where Ronaldo and Rooney runs the length of the field.. Rooney must be up there but i'm shocked that he wasnt even mentioned

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
It's been said many times before about Pallister.

Strangely enough, I've heard from various people that John O'Shea is one of the quickest players in the United squad. It's difficult to judge this sort of thing in football due to the fact that the dribbling ability of all footballers varies wildly.

Ole'sbodyguard

What makes you think Bruce and Pallister were ordinary? Pallister in particular had a very distinguished career and was a well rounded defender. Individually he won the footballer of the year award and won everything in the game at club level, bar the Champions League and Uefa Cup(which we only played in once). Unlike Bruce who was on the wane when we qualified for the Champions league and can only really point to the CWC win as performing in Europe, he did have some good seasons in the Champions League. For instance, our defence did not let us down when we went out in the semis ito Dortmund in 96/97, our wasteful attack did.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'm surpised that Rooney wasnt mentioned, who i though was quick. The goal vs Bolton last season where Ronaldo and Rooney runs the length of the field.. Rooney must be up there but i'm shocked that he wasnt even mentioned
He's only the 5th fastest player in the team now, so why would anyone mention him as one of the fastest Sir Alex has ever had?