Gary Neville

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
OP, you're lacking perspective, so here's some:

Manchester United and Liverpool are football clubs. Establishments that employ players and other people who go about playing the GAME of football. We HUMANS have been playing this game for a while now and people seem to enjoy it a lot all over the world. So we all started getting together to watch the best players compete at this game.

Liverpool FC is a football club. They're not terrorists. They didn't kill your family. They didn't bully you in school. They're just a bunch of people who got employed to either play or contribute in some other way in the GAME of football. They all worked very hard to get where they are, since there a hundreds of thousands of people who are trying to get to their place, and hence why they get paid a lot of money.

We all enjoy watching this game continuously, throughout the year, throughout our lives, but some of us (you) forget what it is. You seem to have forgotten what anything is actually.

Gary Neville, if you weren't aware, is just a guy. He sh*ts in the morning, eats junk food on occasion, watches p*rn, argues with his wife sometimes, and then goes to work where he talks about/to people about the GAME of football. He used to play it - he was famously good at it since he made it to a level where the majority of players never make it to. And now he talks about it.

He's never met you. He doesn't know who you are. He didn't mean to cause you to be upset. He's not even thinking about the reasons that you might be upset about. He's just living his life, same as you. He even, just like you, sometimes has a go at people (the whole Pogba instagram photo thing a couple weeks back) and looses his cool about petty things, so surely that could make you relate to him even more?

So please relax, take a bath or something. Eat some ice cream. Say something nice and warm to your wife/girlfriend/mother/friend/dog/a stranger. And quit posting negative rubbish. There's so much better things to occupy your mind with - like who to get for next week's Fantasy Premier League round, or how many ants live in the world - it's actually 10,000 trillion! Isn't that f*cking crazy!
Wayyy to many words, i will read that tomorrow and respond accordingly.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Yes you're overreacting. His job is not to do anything Manchester United related anymore. His job is with all football. Also, players at clubs often have friendships with players or managers of other clubs. I think some of the levels of hatred fans seemingly have for anything to do with rivals is frankly pathetic, and the notion that just because you don't like that club and think he should stay away from anything relating to them means he can't do his job which is to be impartial is beyond stupid. Rivalries aren't anything major, they don't have any impact on you or affect your life in any way and if they do then you should seriously see someone about that. He's also good friends with Carragher, when he hangs out with him and posts on Instagram with him is that also horrifying?

You won't get far in life if you refuse to do your job because some people far away that you don't know, will never meet and have no reason to care about think you shouldn't do it because they don't like the people you're being asked to go and talk to.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Been there, done that and got banned for it.
Job well done then, ey?
Here, here! Or is it hear hear ? I need another beer.
No, what you need, is some bread to soak up all the alcohol. Maybe a lef over New Year cake? Meh, we won, I'm in a great mood, Ole, Ole, have anther beer, here, hear.
Then watch this

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yes you're overreacting. His job is not to do anything Manchester United related anymore. His job is with all football. Also, players at clubs often have friendships with players of other clubs. I think some of the levels of hatred fans seemingly have for anything to do with rivals is frankly pathetic, and the notion that just because you don't like that club and think he should stay away from anything relating to them means he can't do his job which is to be impartial is beyond stupid. Rivalries aren't anything major, they don't have any impact on you or affect your life in any way and if they do then you should seriously see someone about that.
I think maybe you don't understand the United/Liverpool rivalry.

AC1689

So I take it you also loathe George Best?! Arguably one of the biggest legends to ever grace Old Trafford?!

I’m assuming this because he was best friends with Mike Summerbee, a Manchester City footballer.

You need to get some perspective, give your head a wobble, and get a life.

LARulz

:lol: Ridiculous thread but good for a laugh. I've assumed OP is joking a bit anyway.

Also why would a Liverpool fan/player say no the other way around? Are these examples of this? It's their job.

You can still support someone and do the job. How many people dislike their job/company/boss but still do the work? If Liverpool, Man City etc. for some reason offered me a job paying well and so on, you bet your arse I'd take it. I still wouldn't support them but I'd still be professional and do the job.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's never met you. He doesn't know who you are. He didn't mean to cause you to be upset. He's not even thinking about the reasons that you might be upset about.
Christ, the Taken films have gone downhill...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So I take it you also loathe George Best?! Arguably one of the biggest legends to ever grace Old Trafford?!

I’m assuming this because he was best friends with Mike Summerbee, a Manchester City footballer.

You need to get some perspective, give your head a wobble, and get a life.
Best men at each other weddings and house mates isn't that right?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Haven't read the rest of the replies and I'm not a big partisan fan but I mostly agree with the OP. Talk about selling yourself. I cringed and can't see myself watching him again without cringing.

alanjohnson

I remember Carragher said some great things about Sir Alex Ferguson inc the words "i love him". Also

Paxi

Christ, the Taken films have gone downhill...
That cnut Neeson is Liverpool fan. I'm never watching Taken, again. Until I forget he's Liverpool fan, which will be in the next five minutes. I want to watch Taken now.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Football tribalism is a funny thing, and I think it skews people's perceptions a hell of a lot.

A few years back I was at England v Germany at Wembley. We got talking to a Palace fan who couldn't get her head around the fact I was there with my friends, amongst whom was two Liverpool fans and a Leeds fan. I thought she was joking at first, but it was pretty clear she didn't understand how or why we were friends.

People are strange :lol:

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
When you're a stranger
Yeah, I got it stuck in my own head, too. :lol:

Although Echo and the Bunnymen covered it, and they're from Liverpool, so that song is dead to me.

SteveJ

Scout
That cnut Neeson is Liverpool fan. I'm never watching Taken, again. Until I forget he's Liverpool fan, which will be in the next five minutes.
:lol:

Strachans Cigar

So why didn’t Sky send Carragher then?

I don’t go visiting the LFC museum pretending to be interested do I? Feck off!

Gaz, hang your head in shame & then do the honourable thing and bury yourself alive with a swarm of hornets ffs :mad:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, I got it stuck in my own head, too. :lol:

Although Echo and the Bunnymen covered it, and they're from Liverpool, so that song is dead to me.
The death toll continues to rise at an alarming rate in this thread.

SteveJ

Scout
Did neville say anything about pogba ?
He said that Liverpool should sign him, the treacherous machiavellian snake with a Teletubbies backyard.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Ding dong the Nev is dead
The Nev is dead, the Nev is dead
Ding dong the wicked Nev is dead

:houllier:

SteveJ

Scout
♪Gary Neville is a red
But unfortunately it's the red of Liverpool♪

cyberman

He's dead to me as a commentator.
Whens the last time someone posted a video praising his analysis? It was non stop for while garnering universal praise.
Now its sound bites and narratives. No reason at all to bring up Pogbas Instagram today but hey, Gary has to respond.

Paxi

Imagine what his brother, Phil, is thinking right now? He's an Everton legend and his brother is going to Anfield to polish their trophy room.

SteveJ

Scout
You'll Neville Walk Alone.

Paxi

He's dead to me as a commentator.
Whens the last time someone posted a video praising his analysis? It was non stop for while garnering universal praise.
Now its sound bites and narratives. No reason at all to bring up Pogbas Instagram today but hey, Gary has to respond.
Remember he went on Arsenal Fan TV? It was bizarre that he got involved with them in the first place.

cyberman

Remember he went on Arsenal Fan TV. It was bizarre that he got involved with them in the first place.
Or when he went on a crusade v Karius that lasted for months, or went on Sunday Supplement to take on the journalists for whatever God knows reason.

Paxi

Or when he went on a crusade v Karius that lasted for months, or went on Sunday Supplement to take on the journalists for whatever God knows reason.
He's very entrenched in his views until it's time to sack Salford City's managers.

SteveJ

Scout
Then there was the time he accused Pogba of murder & made a citizen's arrest outside Greggs.