Gary Neville - Pundit

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Thought Neville spoke well about the FA Cup disappointment in his Sky podcast/show.

clarkydaz

Has he commented on his contradictions, thought he sacked a previous manager aswell? different story when its your own money

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Has he commented on his contradictions, thought he sacked a previous manager aswell? different story when its your own money
He looks a little hypocritical. Not a good look. How many managers have Salford gone through the past few years?

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Absolutely well damn said Gary! Couldn’t agree more with him word for word!
Gary is going absolutely mental on Sky. F***ing brilliant. This is absolutely shameful by my club. And any proper football fan should feel the same

arnie_ni

"Tottenham I'm not really bothered about" :lol: even with a super league they are treated with discontempt.

Lads it's spurs :lol:

cyberman

Didnt he and his pals buy Salford and buy their way up the leagues as an investment?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Great interview from Neville about the super league after the game.
Agree with every word, but I’d just wonder if it is Liverpool and Manchester United as Gary said, or if it is in fact FSG and the Glazers (unattached Americans without the tradition of our football) who are driving this. After all they think nothing of moving a ‘franchise‘ from one city/state to another.

arnie_ni

Agree with every word, but I’d just wonder if it is Liverpool and Manchester United as Gary said, or if it is in fact FSG and the Glazers (unattached Americans without the tradition of our football) who are driving this. After all they think nothing of moving a ‘franchise‘ from one city/state to another.
He said that. They have no attachment to the league and its history

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Great rant. The people on here saying he is just protecting his investments are blinkered gowls and need to reevaluate.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Didnt he and his pals buy Salford and buy their way up the leagues as an investment?
Yeah. Thinks it’s “proper” football. Obviously he misses the days of 11 English players on each side the way him and Tyler wanked off Burnley.

The way sky have spun this as it meaning no domestic league is disingenuous at best. I’m fairly sure Neville was slating uefa before the season started. It’s a power struggle and to suggest UEFA et al have the fans at heart is utter bollocks. Football sold its soul a long time ago.

predator

Youth NITK
One thing is certain. Neville is getting noway near a studio that broadcasts this breakaway leagues matches.

It was a great rant though.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Said everything that needs to be said right now.

FujiVice

He's spot on in principle, but he's also a Rupert Mudoch employee who owns Salford City, who didnt mind sweeping through the non-leagues, using their wealth to bring in players on record high wages and then sack managers during a pandemic. Its alright to take a moral stance to make football better, but Neville's missed the boat on that years ago.

Comet49

He's spot on in principle, but he's also a Rupert Mudoch employee who owns Salford City, who didnt mind sweeping through the non-leagues, using their wealth to bring in players on record high wages and then sack managers during a pandemic. Its alright to take a moral stance to make football better, but Neville's missed the boat on that years ago.
They got into the league by playing football on the pitch, that’s how it should be.

FujiVice

They got into the league by playing football on the pitch, that’s how it should be.
They got into the league because they are funded by Valencia's owner and had the backing of BBC and Sky, and the Class of 92 brand. That's how they got into the football league. What they did on the pitch was only a by product of that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
"Tottenham I'm not really bothered about" :lol: even with a super league they are treated with discontempt.

Lads it's spurs :lol:
We've been laughing about that too. Damning City and Chelsea with faint praise about them being recent additions to the big table then downright calling Spurs out as a nonentity :lol:

I back Gary on all counts.

El Zoido

Anyone on Sky complaining about the super league is a hypocritical idiot.

Coops73

Anyone who thinks that this is a good idea for football and then uses Gary Nevilles investment into Salford as a stick to beat their drum with is a cnut.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He didnt care much about the integrity of those leagues? Blitzed through them to line his pockets. Its why his words ring hollow to me.
Has he lined his pockets? I don't think Salford is by any means profitable as things stand and reliant on investment mainly from Peter Lim.

FujiVice

Anyone who thinks that this is a good idea for football and then uses Gary Nevilles investment into Salford as a stick to beat their drum with is a cnut.
Or you know, you can think its a bad idea and still think Neville is a hypocrite. Its not exclusive.