Gary Neville - Pundit

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
There’s a pretty huge thing you’re missing here. Neville said until Kane didn’t turn up for training 3 weeks ago he was a saint. That’s bollocks. He’d already given an interview before Spurs’ final game during the season where they needed a win to qualify for Europe where he not only stated he wanted to leave but named his price. A price City then offered funnily enough. That’s fine according to Gary though - yet Pogba’s agent saying his client wants to leave isn’t. Hypocritical bollocks.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s not a top post at all. Forget about how Richards ‘connected the dots’. The point is that the media (not the fans, not the Twitterverse) are protecting Kane in a way they don’t protect other players. It’s not about Pogba being exempt from criticism, it’s about the fact that he (and others) get criticised where Kane doesn’t (by pundits).

The speed with which Souness, Neville and the presenter leapt to Kane’s defence when Richards mildly suggested that he should be criticised for missing training speaks volumes. They weren’t even prepared to discuss it, the subject had to be abruptly changed. That’s the golden boy power right there. Neville bleating on about how he ‘knows him’. Why’s that relevant when he’s not showing up?
Exactly!

The whole post but the bolded part in particular.

Neville can still have a good relationship with Kane & Kane be unprofessional.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Pogba’s agent is a cnut & pogba should have shut him up, but what Kane has done is much worse. The reason people are comparing the two is because of the clear difference in treatment from certain pundits. If Pogba did what Kane did, Neville would have called him every name under the sun. Tell me I’m wrong.

The fact is, it looks pretty clear to me - Gary Neville & Graeme Souness don’t like Paul Pogba.
Exactly. It’s as clear as day. Souness doesn’t even try to hide it, Neville tries to be a bit more cute about it, but you can tell.

Dante

Average bang
The Spurs fans chanted, ‘Harry Kane are you watching’; comical, hardly personal. Tell me what these fans were saying wasn’t far more personalised & aggressive; there’s overtones & undertones you’re choosing to be ignorant over.

I’ve been parts of crowds chanting all sorts at games, what was done to Pogba in that video is another level.

Piss poor from you here lad. Do better.
As ever in large crowd, the sentiment will exist on a spectrum. Some will think it's funny, some will be annoyed, some will totally hate Kane.

The fact that this was the entire Tottenham crowd means that you've got 10s of thousands of people on that spectrum.

Where this differs from the Pogba example is that you're only get a few dozen who are doing this. There's absolutely no hint of it being a widespread chant. By sheer weight of numbers, it's not comparable. United's fans aren't doing it en masse.

Dante

Average bang
Exactly. It’s as clear as day. Souness doesn’t even try to hide it, Neville tries to be a bit more cute about it, but you can tell.
Souness, yes.

With Neville, you're believing the hype.

Pogba has done things that deserve criticism and things that deserve praise. Just because somebody discusses both sides of the story when you only want to hear one, that doesn't mean they hate him.

The worst thing Neville has said about Pogba is that he should leave if he doesn't want to be at United, and that instead of committing a handball one time he should have ducked.

chris123

Pogba’s agent is a cnut & pogba should have shut him up, but what Kane has done is much worse. The reason people are comparing the two is because of the clear difference in treatment from certain pundits. If Pogba did what Kane did, Neville would have called him every name under the sun. Tell me I’m wrong.

The fact is, it looks pretty clear to me - Gary Neville & Graeme Souness don’t like Paul Pogba.
This should be obvious to absolutely everyone but apparently isn't. That clip with Micah should make everyone uncomfortable. They wanted no part in having that discussion, they silenced him because they didn't want to get involved in a touchy subject even though they know that what he was saying was fair.

If Pogba wants to leave, I'm sure the club would have no problem accepting that, but the fact we've never actually heard Pogba say that, or have that affect his performance/work ethic, tells you that it's being handled internally and professionally. The exact opposite can be said about the Kane situation.

big rons sovereign

Think there is definitely double standards from Gary regarding Pogba and Kane which was put to him earlier in the week in that season preview.
As a united fan you'd think Neville would be a little more defensive of Pogba, but his defence Kane is laughable. They've both gonna about it wrong way imo though.

Kane spitting his dummy is pathetic and Pogba dropping his bombshell before a must win cl game did us no favours whatsoever. Neville mentioned Rooney apologising, who's to say Pogba didn't do the same?

I think Gary's forming his opinion based in knowing Kane personally and probably doesn't know Pogba, why would he? I can't see him playing much golf, he'd get thrown off the course for dancing on the fairway.

The biggest twat in the argument with McKola was Carragher. Completely ignored the points being made and started getting defensive and shouting. I think he's just thick tbh.

OL29

Neville loves Pogba.
What do you hope to achieve by posting absolute nonsense like this? You know that’s completely untrue, so are you just wumming, or are you trying to deflect away from a serious conversation as it reflects poorly on Neville?

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Souness, yes.

Pogba has done things that deserve criticism and things that deserve praise. Just because somebody discusses both sides of the story when you only want to hear one, that doesn't mean they hate him.

The worst thing Neville has said about Pogba is that he should leave if he doesn't want to be at United, and that instead of committing a handball one time he should have ducked.
Neville’s said a lot more that that about him. He tried to slyly blame France’s exit from the Euros on Pogba FFS. He doesn’t like him, it’s pretty clear.

Dante

Average bang
What do you hope to achieve by posting absolute nonsense like this? You know that’s completely untrue, so are you just wumming, or are you trying to deflect away from a serious conversation as it reflects poorly on Neville?
Why did you delete the videos in your quote? Are you just wumming, or are you trying to deflect away from a serious conversation as it doesn't reflect poorly on Neville?

OL29

Neville’s said a lot more that that about him. He tried to slyly blame France’s exit from the Euros on Pogba FFS. He doesn’t like him, it’s pretty clear.
He also called Pogba a disgrace for taking a penalty, he heavily criticised him for dying his hair blue. There’s countless examples of Neville showing his dislike for Pogba.

OL29

Why did you delete the videos in your quote? Are you just wumming, or are you trying to deflect away from a serious conversation as it doesn't reflect poorly on Neville?
Because they take up unnecessary space on the page. Now, tell me why you’re so keen to defend blatant prejudice? Because all I’m taking from this is that people like you are a big part of the problem.

AFC NimbleThumb

As ever in large crowd, the sentiment will exist on a spectrum. Some will think it's funny, some will be annoyed, some will totally hate Kane.

The fact that this was the entire Tottenham crowd means that you've got 10s of thousands of people on that spectrum.

Where this differs from the Pogba example is that you're only get a few dozen who are doing this. There's absolutely no hint of it being a widespread chant. By sheer weight of numbers, it's not comparable. United's fans aren't doing it en masse.
If it’s simply a numbers game, show me another lap of honour in recent history where a player has been singled out for that kind of abuse because we can all find multiple players crowds dislike. . .

Of all the hills to die on, pick one with better foundations.

You’re correct, the Kane & Pogba incidents are incomparable. . . From there your mental gymnastics leave you lying in a ditch.

Dante

Average bang
Because they take up unnecessary space on the page. Now, tell me why you’re so keen to defend blatant prejudice? Because all I’m taking from this is that people like you are a big part of the problem.
Blatant prejudice? Step out of your echo chamber for a minute.

AFC NimbleThumb

Quoting for prosperity.

@Dante is showing a prime example of how people subvert discussions.

Apparently it needs to be thousands to register as anything serious. . .

big rons sovereign

I think souness just wants to see midfielders kick people in the balls from time to time.

Dante

Average bang
If it’s simply a numbers game, show me another lap of honour in recent history where a player has been singled out for that kind of abuse because we can all find multiple players crowds dislike. . .

Of all the hills to die on, pick one with better foundations.

You’re correct, the Kane & Pogba incidents are incomparable. . . From there your mental gymnastics leave you lying in a ditch.
Here's Rooney getting booed in 2013 during the open top bus parade in the season when he asked to leave United.

OL29

Blatant prejudice? Step out of your echo chamber for a minute.
It’s very blatant to the point where I think you’re the only person I’ve seen defending it. It’s been going on for years, and pretending it doesn’t happen helps no one.
And you’re still dancing around the original question. What do you hope to achieve by pretending that Neville loves Pogba? Because even you can’t believe that.
The funny thing is, you seem to think McTominay gets criticised due to his nationality, yet act like it’s inconceivable that the same happens to Pogba and other players. That for me is pretty telling.

AFC NimbleThumb

Here's Rooney getting booed in 2013 during the open top bus parade in the season when he asked to leave United.
On a scale of a crowd chanting ‘Harry Kane are you watching’ to select crowd members being held back as they attack a player with phrases such as ‘fecking Shite, feck off’ you’re placing a crowd in unison booing a player on the Pogba end of the scale.

You’re lost lad.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s very blatant to the point where I think you’re the only person I’ve seen defending it. It’s been going on for years, and pretending it doesn’t happen helps no one.
And you’re still dancing around the original question. What do you hope to achieve by pretending that Neville loves Pogba? Because even you can’t believe that.
The funny thing is, you seem to think McTominay gets criticised due to his nationality, yet act like it’s inconceivable that the same happens to Pogba and other players. That for me is pretty telling.
Game.Set.Match.

Ludens the Red

I thought both Richards and Neville were kind of talking shite. Richards for acting as if Pogba has been a passive innocent in Raiolas wankerish behaviour and Nevillle for trying to seemingly justify and excuse Kane’s.
Souness was just being Souness. A bitter cnut who doesn’t like Pogba.

Dante

Average bang
:lol: That's a perfectly reasonable take on the game. Pogba was, by turns, brilliant but also error prone.

Neville told ITV: “We saw the best and the worst of him in the second half.

“This is the best of him, absolutely world class strike. Brilliant.

“At this point in the game, he’d played a great pass through just before that, he was starting to get into the game, combining, he was running the game.

“When your team is on top, he’s absolutely outstanding.”

Neville also added: “He takes risks on the ball, but you want those risks to be in the final third, not in the defensive third, and they get counter-attacked on.”

Even Vieira agreed.
Legendary France midfielder Patrick Vieira agreed with Keane and Neville, claiming that Pogba needs to be pushed more to truly reach his potential, instead of showing spurts of brilliance.

“I completely agree,” the ex-Arsenal skipper chimed in. “When you look at his potential, what he can do on the field, you’re expecting more from him.

“I think if he played next to Roy, he would maybe be a different player, because what he needs is somebody behind his back to put him under pressure and be really demanding on him.

“I think if we’d been consistent, been behind him and put him under pressure every single day, he would improve.

“But obviously it is frustrating because he can give much more than what he’s giving to the team.”

Dante

Average bang
On a scale of a crowd chanting ‘Harry Kane are you watching’ to select crowd members being held back as they attack a player with phrases such as ‘fecking Shite, feck off’ you’re placing a crowd in unison booing a player on the Pogba end of the scale.

You’re lost lad.
There are as many people booing Rooney as there were booing Pogba.

Dante

Average bang
I never said that. What's more telling is that you're imputing your own prejudices to me because I disagree with you.

Neville is obviously a huge fan of Pogba's and has waxed lyrical about him dozens of time for every criticism. And even then, those criticisms have largely been warranted.

OL29

I never said that. What's more telling is that you're imputing your own prejudices to me because I disagree with you.

Neville is obviously a huge fan of Pogba's and has waxed lyrical about him dozens of time for every criticism. And even then, those criticisms have largely been warranted.
You’re surely taking the piss, this conversation is pointless.

OL29

He too tall, blonde and Scottish. The exact opposite of the platonic ideal of the Spanish techno-midget.

@Dante stop lying.

big rons sovereign

He's posted quotes of Neville praising him, Whilst pointing out faults too.
Doing his job basically.

Pogba is one of the most frustrating players around, he was incredible on Saturday but next week could be dogshit and responsible for conceding 2 goals.
Which is pretty much how his United career has been really.

Dante

Average bang
How do you explain all the times he's called Pogba world class and picked him as his favourite player at the club and defended him against criticism from other pundits and put him in his favoured starting XI for Manchester United?

OL29

He's posted quotes of Neville praising him, Whilst pointing out faults too.
Doing his job basically.
You think Neville loves Pogba, or is even a fan of him?
I’ve seen Tommy Robinson praise a couple of individual Muslims, I guess he’s an advocate for Islam.

Dante

Average bang
Don't be stupid.

Criticism of McTominay can be rooted in his ethnicity. Just as criticism of Pogba can be rooted in his ethnicity. I've never suggested otherwise.

EDIT: sorry for telling you to stop being stupid. I appreciate that may not be possible.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Don't be stupid.

Criticism of McTominay can be rooted in his ethnicity. Just as criticism of Pogba can be rooted in his ethnicity. I've never suggested otherwise.

EDIT: sorry for telling you to stop being stupid. I appreciate that may not be possible.
This is ridiculous. It seems culture wars have arrived in the UK. McTominay would have been Loftus Cheek'd if not for preferential treatment because he's a local lad. The thing is, Chelsea don't tolerate mediocrity even if it's from their youth.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Souness, yes.

What about when Gary Neville spent half an hour laying into Pogba because ‘even though I know he is the penalty taker, I’m here thinking ‘this is typical selfish Pogba’ - after he missed a penalty against Wolves?

That was worse than any single Souness moment, was in no way balanced/objective ‘discussing both sides’ or anything of that nature. It was bang out of order.

OL29

Where did I say I did think that? I said he was praising him whilst also pointing out his faults, doing his job as a pundit.

Come back when you can be grown up about it.
So what on earth are you even arguing about, given that that was the premise of the whole conversation you responded to?
About grow up, read the conversation before responding next time, weird guy.