Gary Neville - Pundit

M Bison

Supports
York City
The context of him not piling in on other managers and questioning signings of absolute second rate players like Dan James. But happy to question ETH and his signings which also is ignoring many factors like five games, like the entire club being in limbo due to ownership, like injuries, like losing Greenwood, Antony and Sancho in one hit, like the fact that development is rarely linear. We won a trophy and finished comfortably 3rd last season. But very often when someone transitions a team their can be progress before a dip and then you see transformation.
i must have heard it differently, the comments on Kane and Rice were reasonable, they would be game-chaning signings whereas the ones we made werent. I didnt see that as criticism of those players, just that we are stretching our budget to make it fit this season.

Im in the minority on here, I'm a fan of Neville and i see him as a frustrated fan, like myself!

Herman Toothrot

i must have heard it differently, the comments on Kane and Rice were reasonable, they would be game-chaning signings whereas the ones we made werent. I didnt see that as criticism of those players, just that we are stretching our budget to make it fit this season.

Im in the minority on here, I'm a fan of Neville and i see him as a frustrated fan, like myself!
I agree with this, but its also why I often have to watch our games with the commentary on mute. I think he likes to shield himself from the pain by really going for the team on commentary, getting ahead of the embarrassment by leading the criticism. Sometimes unfairly.

He is a little late to the anti-Glazer party but welcome. It's tricky for him with what he's done at Salford. His political stuff all felt very much like he could smell the way the wind was blowing. That time he stood outside of the town hall and demanded workers get back in the office ahead of the biggest COVID wave in the UK was fecking unforgivable though. He's a complicated, annoying character and one of the many famous millionaires who invest money in things and make out like they're some sort of business guru. Easy to make money when you have money.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Why anyone gives this guy so much attention is beyond me. His level of self importance is off the charts and he constantly says controversial stuff/criticism to stay relevant in media.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He's a fecking melt who goes out of his way to shit on Utd, whilst giving every other team any excuse under the sun.
That’s an odd take. He’s pretty measured and routinely owns up to being wrong.

He’s allowed to have opinions. It’s literally his job.

tomaldinho1

I feel like he just fans the fan flames these day as a full time job, we were never in for Rice or Kane - I’m sure we’d have loved to sign them but what he’s saying is the same as me saying United should have signed Mbappe, it was never on but I don’t then have thousands of angry fans see that and blame the club for then not signing Mbappe.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Can't stand Gary Neville. If you took every overly dramatic fan on this forum, chucked them into an oven and then squeezed out the juice after, it would make up only make up 1% of this constant hysto-drama sensationalist bollocks spouting feckface 'pundit'.

Irwin99

Our owners are the Glazers, and one of the reasons Mount was signed is to add to the goals.
Well yeah that's the big issue not EtH as far as i'm concerned but i don't think Mount is going to add a lot of goals. He will aid chance creation but knowing our lot it will still be a monumental effort to actually stick one of those chances away.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well yeah that's the big issue not EtH as far as i'm concerned but i don't think Mount is going to add a lot of goals. He will aid chance creation but knowing our lot it will still be a monumental effort to actually stick one of those chances away.
He scored plenty at Chelsea.

Irwin99

He scored plenty at Chelsea.
33 goals in 195 games is alright/decent. I think he'll do ok this season and will add some creativity and good workrate but i'd be surprised if he scored that many more than Antony or Sancho last season.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Insufferable on commentary today, sucked Liverpool's cock all day long

IrishRedDevil

He is such a weird little man. He was so hard for Liverpool hanging on. He actually sounded devastated with the Matip own goal.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's the absolute worst on commentary. Uses every word to spin narratives and butter up the fanbases who hate him the most (Liverpool, Arsenal).

Just a poundland politician talking out of both sides of his arse to appear "neutral".

cyberman

He's the absolute worst on commentary. Uses every word to spin narratives and butter up the fanbases who hate him the most (Liverpool, Arsenal).

Just a poundland politician talking out of both sides of his arse to appear "neutral".
That’s exactly what it is.

Red00012

He is such a weird little man. He was so hard for Liverpool hanging on. He actually sounded devastated with the Matip own goal.
I posted the same on the Premier League matchday thread .
He’s playing to the fecking audience it’s pathetic

James_42

He acted like a Liverpool fan for most of the end of that game, he was so worried when they had that counter attack.

He is awful.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He acted like a Liverpool fan for most of the end of that game, he was so worried when they had that counter attack.

He is awful.
This. He’s trying so hard to be popular on Sky for the non-United group that it’s coming across too strong.
Apparently nothing was a red card today.

That's exactly what he is, with his man of the people chat as he simultaneously buys up half of Manchester. Says whatever he thinks people want to hear.

IRELANDUNITED

I’ve said this on another thread but I’ll say it again

I don’t want him to be pump up United but I wish he was more like Liverpool pundits are towards United. Be unreasonable, be unfair to them, create a narrative that might damage them, criticise their signings. Be basically like every single Liverpool pundit is towards United.

But I get them feeling that Neville and other ex United players are secretly enjoying Uniteds downfall since SAF retired. It makes their period of dominance look even more impressive.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I’ve said this on another thread but I’ll say it again

I don’t want him to be pump up United but I wish he was more like Liverpool pundits are towards United. Be unreasonable, be unfair to them, create a narrative that might damage them, criticise their signings. Be basically like every single Liverpool pundit is towards United.

But I get them feeling that Neville and other ex United players are secretly enjoying Uniteds downfall since SAF retired. It makes their period of dominance look even more impressive.
I couldn't agree more with your first point. Sick of seeing him brown-nose Liverpool whilst the likes of Carragher and Souness can't wait to stick the knife in with United.

You might be onto something with that last paragraph. That's definitely the case with Keane. Although I do think if United won the league then Neville would be genuinely happy.

IRELANDUNITED

I couldn't agree more with your first point. Sick of seeing him brown-nose Liverpool whilst the likes of Carragher and Souness can't wait to stick the knife in with United.

You might be onto something with that last paragraph. That's definitely the case with Keane. Although I do think if United won the league then Neville would be genuinely happy.
Yeah I think he would too but he definitely gets a feeling of satisfaction seeing United’s woes over the last 10 years, if that’s how he feels fine I don’t care. But it seriously pisses me off seeing this constant arse licking of Liverpool, this constant trying to be liked by fan bases that can’t stand him. It does my head in. And these narratives do make a difference, referees and officials are human and are influenced by what they hear, proof of that can be seen by the fact we haven’t had one decision go our way since the first game of the season. If Neville really wanted the best for United he would stop sucking up to our biggest rivals, start creating a narrative against then, can you imagine what the pundits would say if United had 115 charges for cheating against them. This pro city pro arsenal pro Liverpool stance that he has is doing United no good whatsoever.

El Zoido

He’s insufferable. Someone needs to ask him if Klopp’s balls feel warm against his chin.

Northstand

He really set the narrative for the Jones red card, didn't he? Standard red all day long for me, but it was obvious that the pundits at half-time (Andros Townsend being one), would parrot his conclusion that Jones "got plenty of the ball", when he clearly didn't.

IRELANDUNITED

He really set the narrative for the Jones red card, didn't he? Standard red all day long for me, but it was obvious that the pundits at half-time (Andros Townsend being one), would parrot his conclusion that Jones "got plenty of the ball", when he clearly didn't.
He’s been buttering up to Liverpool fans for years, for whatever reason I don’t know. He’s a strange fellow

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
‘Breathtaking Spurs’ (according to Neville) are 3 points ahead of Crisis Man United.
I’m sick of seeing spurs and Newcastle comments to compare to us. Who gives a feck how they are doing, we should be well ahead of these 2 teams and not even be bothered what is said about them. A team can be flying while we are in crisis, there’s levels and standards have gone out of the window it seems.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's not just Neville anyway.

Both commentators on Thursday spent the ENTIRE game waxing lyrical about Spurs as they were on their way to 4 defeats and a draw in 5 games.

This always happens with Tottenham. The bar for them is going 45 minutes without being a calamity or boring everyone to death. They don't even have to achieve both, just one or the other.

If this was the bar for United this season we'd somehow still be falling below it 50% of the time, and it isn't the bar for United. The bar for United is challenging for the league

Doracle

It’s primarily different expectations. Spurs were expected to be well outside the top 4 this season, without Kane. We were expected to be easily top 4.

That said, if we were playing anywhere near the football Spurs are playing and had just thrashed Newcastle, no one would be saying we were in crisis either - even if we only had 27 points. It’s the dire football and lack of an apparent plan which is why we are in crisis.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Imagine being upset we're not being compared to and held to the same standards as Spurs. Some of the fanbase have no standards

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You can’t laugh at Levy saying he won’t sell to us because he perceives us as a rival and then cry about Spurs being held to a wholly different standard to United. A lot of you sound like Glaston ever referencing Spurs in relation to us. Have some standards.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
‘Breathtaking Spurs’ (according to Neville) are 3 points ahead of Crisis Man United.
well having watch the games this weekend, there's a gulf the size of the Grand Canyon between us - look how good we made Newcstle look