Gary Neville - Pundit

lilcurt

He's Sky Sports' Gabby Agbonlahor.

They get days of 'Even Manchester United legend says it was a penalty' content out of that incident now.
When Ole was in charge he wouldn't here a bad thing said about him or the performances. Now it's not his mate and Poch didn't get the job he seems to delight in the negative.

fezzerUTD

I dont watch sky so cant comment on what hes said. But if you think utd did enough to deserve to win that game then you’re deluded. Arsenal dominated the ball and had a lot more danger to their play than Utd did. The Garnacho one was a shame as it would have been nice to nick (yeh pinch because thats what it would have been) 3 points but it wasnt to be and we were done by the better side and Gary Neville knows that by watching how each team are with and without the ball.

ScholesyTheWise

He celebrates our goals like mad whenever there a clips of how the commentators in the stadium reacted to goals.
You can tell he's a fan. That he thinks he should be so Anti-United for people to not say he's biased in our favour is stupid and weird.

It's also probably what Sky wants him to do.

RedDevilQuebecois

Heavily biased against us so he can stay on Sky bosses good books. Joke of a pundit were Utd are concerned. Can't stand his commentary.
Why would going against United would look good on those tories of bosses when Carragher gets a free pass at ass-kissing Liverpool, who probably hate tories as much as we do?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Currently the only pundit who seems to be calling out the owners for what they are. Everyone else has their head in the sands.

Devil You Know

He celebrates our goals like mad whenever there a clips of how the commentators in the stadium reacted to goals.
You can tell he's a fan. That he thinks he should be so Anti-United for people to not say he's biased in our favour is stupid and weird.

It's also probably what Sky wants him to do.
Agreed. If his bosses tell him to act to a certain way and he does his job, I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

Sky obviously love him, and a big part of that is because he can fulfil his duties as a co-commentator better than his colleagues.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Agreed. If his bosses tell him to act to a certain way and he does his job, I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

Sky obviously love him, and a big part of that is because he can fulfil his duties as a co-commentator better than his colleagues.
Whatever cause him to be a moany twat, it doesn't mean we have to be ok with that.

Woodward was most likely told by Glazers on how to run deals as United CEO. It doesn't mean people shouldn't complain about him.

Devil You Know

Whatever cause him to be a moany twat, it doesn't mean we have to be ok with that.
He doesn't work for us. He works for Sky.

My job doesn't want me to give away free stuff to my mates. So I don't. If they got prissy about me doing my job according to the conditions set by my employer, it would be my friends who were in the ones in the wrong for expecting me to do otherwise.

Westerkerk

I've met him plenty. Absolute tool.
I've met him twice, one at a fundraiser where he was most likely paid to be there. Took a lot of time to speak to everyone, seemed genuinely likeable and was actually quite funny.

The other time he was eating with his family and friends in an Italian restaurant in Swinton, where incidentally he has a pasta named after him on the menu (!) - and quite a few families were in with little kids wanting to get a little momento signed or have a picture - he was totally unbothered by it and took time to say hello to everyone.

I was once in Wings in Manchester City Center when our former No.10 came in with his Mrs. After they were disturbed once they put a screen around their table and staffed it with waiters so you couldn't go near them. That's what I would call being a tool.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I've met him twice, one at a fundraiser where he was most likely paid to be there. Took a lot of time to speak to everyone, seemed genuinely likeable and was actually quite funny.

The other time he was eating with his family and friends in an Italian restaurant in Swinton, where incidentally he has a pasta named after him on the menu (!) - and quite a few families were in with little kids wanting to get a little momento signed or have a picture - he was totally unbothered by it and took time to say hello to everyone.

I was once in Wings in Manchester City Center when our former No.10 came in with his Mrs. After they were disturbed once they put a screen around their table and staffed it with waiters so you couldn't go near them. That's what I would call being a tool.
Maybe he's different around public Vs the workplace.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson

I had the pleasure of dining next to Jesse Lingard in Wings a few years back. He was acting like a 14 year old out with his mates, it was embarrassing.

I've met Neville a few times and I've found him very decent tbf. Came across really genuine with time for everyone.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I had the pleasure of dining next to Jesse Lingard in Wings a few years back. He was acting like a 14 year old out with his mates, it was embarrassing.

I've met Neville a few times and I've found him very decent tbf. Came across really genuine with time for everyone.
"My names RaddyRed and I eat at Wings hmmmmmmmmm"

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
so keen to prove he isn't biased that he's flopped over the other side. OK, we weren't / aren't great. But he is so negative about united, and the superlatives for the teams we play are verging on the ridiculous.

Hughie77

What he said was he was surprised the pen was overturned because there sticking with on.field decisions more...M Dean said no pen and that's why VAR is working.. can see both points Havertz then must have simulation yellow card surley??
G Neville is Sky sports guy that's it realy he can get on your wick but he's not biased when commenting unlike Jenas who blatant biased against Utd words stick in his throat to say anything positive about Utd, and he's not the only one ..

Marwood

Gary just goes all in on whatever opinion he holds at that moment in time.

I've heard him gush over a teams tactics 10 mins into a game.

20mins later that team is two nil down and the tactics are never mentioned again.

It's similar now with United. He's finally got irritated by the club ownership, dived fully in and now it taints everything he says about us.

All or nothing with Gary. Tiring to be around I bet.

Irwin99

Thought he made a decent point about our signings and questioned how they might elevate us which was a concern at the time (although by referencing Kane again which was NEVER going to happen anyway). Other than possibly Mount i think most fans were happy with the idea of Onana and Hojlund but it's always been hard to see a title winning team forming out of these signings and this group of players. I don't think many fans were expecting a title challenge this season but I thought the team might look a bit more formidable on paper and in development for a proper challenge next season.

Also, a ridiculous pressure on Hojlund to rectify what was a pretty poor goal scoring team last season and expecting Rashford to do the same again (although maybe we should be expecting that kind of season from him consistently now)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Thought he made a decent point about our signings and questioned how they might elevate us which was a concern at the time (although by referencing Kane again which was NEVER going to happen anyway). Other than possibly Mount i think most fans were happy with the idea of Onana and Hojlund but it's always been hard to see a title winning team forming out of these signings and this group of players. I don't think many fans were expecting a title challenge this season but I thought the team might look a bit more formidable on paper and in development for a proper challenge next season.

Also, a ridiculous pressure on Hojlund to rectify what was a pretty poor goal scoring team last season and expecting Rashford to do the same again (although maybe we should be expecting that kind of season from him consistently now)
Absolute cock, if he’d made these assertions on Dan James and 80 mill Maguire under Ole fair enough. We are currently 5 games into ETH second season and he’s had to deal with more than perhaps any United manager has ever had to at this point.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Absolute cock, if he’d made these assertions on Dan James and 80 mill Maguire under Ole fair enough. We are currently 5 games into ETH second season and he’s had to deal with more than perhaps any United manager has ever had to at this point.
Why is he an “absolute cock”? His comments I thought were fair and reasonable?

Conor

He's a fecking melt who goes out of his way to shit on Utd, whilst giving every other team any excuse under the sun.

Irwin99

He's a fecking melt who goes out of his way to shit on Utd, whilst giving every other team any excuse under the sun.
His punditry is annoying when he tries to go out of his way to be 'objective' which leads him to be more critical of United but I think he was absolutely right in this instance (hence why I posted). You had a team that struggled for goals last season and relied almost entirely on one man and like he said, the expectation that Hojlund can significantly help with that problem is a huge ask especially when the back up striker to alleviate the pressure on this kid is Antony fecking Martial.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
His punditry is annoying when he tries to go out of his way to be 'objective' which leads him to be more critical of United but I think he was absolutely right in this instance (hence why I posted). You had a team that struggled for goals last season and relied almost entirely on one man and like he said, the expectation that Hojlund can significantly help with that problem is a huge ask especially when the back up striker to alleviate the pressure on this kid is Antony fecking Martial.
Our owners are the Glazers, and one of the reasons Mount was signed is to add to the goals.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Because he picks and chooses, when it suits his agenda. His ego is off the charts. Is this helping? Always baffles me that when people agree with a general premise they lose all other contexts.

lex talionis

I'll never forget the pass Neville gave Ole season after season. But now that it's no longer one of his mates that manages United he's happy to shit on ten Hag.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Because he picks and chooses, when it suits his agenda. His ego is off the charts. Is this helping? Always baffles me that when people agree with a general premise they lose all other contexts.
what other contexts? genuinely dont understand this one, everything he said this time seemed reasonable to me.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
what other contexts? genuinely dont understand this one, everything he said this time seemed reasonable to me.
The context of him not piling in on other managers and questioning signings of absolute second rate players like Dan James. But happy to question ETH and his signings which also is ignoring many factors like five games, like the entire club being in limbo due to ownership, like injuries, like losing Greenwood, Antony and Sancho in one hit, like the fact that development is rarely linear. We won a trophy and finished comfortably 3rd last season. But very often when someone transitions a team their can be progress before a dip and then you see transformation.