Gary Neville

acnumber9

He’s trying to rewrite history now on Rashford. ‘There were those who said he should be sold!’.
Damn right, he was piggin awful for two years and fully deserved to be jettisoned.
Time will tell if Rashford even keeps this form up.
Absolute bollocks. There’s not a club in football who would’ve sold Rashford and if he’s on the market there isn’t a club who wouldn’t want him.

OldSchoolManc

Nonsense, it’s people like yourself babbling on about an academy product rightly being put in your place. He was god awful last year, but the season before managed 20 goals despite requiring surgery for most of it.

Absolute god awful fanbase at times.
Absolute bollocks. There’s not a club in football who would’ve sold Rashford and if he’s on the market there isn’t a club who wouldn’t want him.
Rashford FC out in force.
Must have completely blanked the past few years.

Northstand

Why’s he so insistent that West Ham have/had been the better team? Weird take to me
Thought the same mate…he bends so far backwards to show he’s not overly pro-United that he ends up hugely over-compensating.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Nonsense, it’s people like yourself babbling on about an academy product rightly being put in your place. He was god awful last year, but the season before managed 20 goals despite requiring surgery for most of it.

So much truth in this post

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why’s he so insistent that West Ham have/had been the better team? Weird take to me
Nobody with a working lair of eyes / without an agenda should have that view. Nearly the entire game has been played in their half.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Rashford FC out in force.
Must have completely blanked the past few years.
2019/20 - 22 goals 9 assists
2021/21 - 21 goals 13 assists
2021/22 - 5 goals 2 assists

Seems like it's your post that's blanking out the "past few years"...

AFC NimbleThumb

2019/20 - 22 goals 9 assists
2021/21 - 21 goals 13 assists
2021/22 - 5 goals 2 assists
But, but 2 years.
Rashford FC

Anyone still peddling that nonsense shows they can’t actually see the game for themselves. He was terrible last year, & tailed off the season before [whilst injured].

You’d think his own fanbase would actually support him instead of making things up.

AFC NimbleThumb

So much truth in this post
Really gets in my wick with a rashford that our own fanbase have chosen to be the most vocal critics with a narrative that simply isn’t true.

Contrast it with a ‘shite fanbase’ like Arsenal who if you’d never watched football would have you think Saka was Messi whilst our lot climb over themselves to berate a fine academy product.

Is he the Mbappe we’d hoped for? Maybe not but he’s our Rashford & a damn good player at that.

Tyrion

Rashford was really bad over the last couple of years. Always offside and losing the ball.

Its so childish from the guy. Pretty sure he only ran to shake Saha’s hand just to blank Neville.
I think this is why so many ex-teammates suck up to him. They know he's watching and will be pissed if they don't.

Anustart89

Did Gary really say that Scamacca was reckless but entitled to go for it?!
Well, he was. I mean, he obviously runs the risk of receiving a yellow with a reckless challenge but it was a 60/40 situation in Lisandro's favour and he took a chance with it being in a good scoring position. The fact that he missed (and it was reckless) means that it should've been a yellow, as per the rules, but that's on the ref for bottling it. Had it been anyone else or he hadn't been on a yellow the ref would have applied the laws of the game correctly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Did his best to jinx the result didn't he. Declaring the win with a min to go, and us just about scraping our way through the late chances.

RedfromIreland

Really gets in my wick with a rashford that our own fanbase have chosen to be the most vocal critics with a narrative that simply isn’t true.

Contrast it with a ‘shite fanbase’ like Arsenal who if you’d never watched football would have you think Saka was Messi whilst our lot climb over themselves to berate a fine academy product.

Is he the Mbappe we’d hoped for? Maybe not but he’s our Rashford & a damn good player at that.
Spot on.

Irwin99

It was a special occasion for Rashford and the winning goal but man, how much better does our defence have to perform for one of them too get MOTM? Martinez, Dalot and De Gea were phenomenal and Shaw and Maguire played really well too.

Vapor trail

He’s trying to rewrite history now on Rashford. ‘There were those who said he should be sold!’.
Damn right, he was piggin awful for two years and fully deserved to be jettisoned.
Then the same energy needs to be give to Shaw who's had more bad seasons than good ones, Maguire who's even worse in this regard. Rashford's criticism has been nothing but OTT. He was awful for a continue period of time but has done enough to show that he has a future at the club.

Vapor trail

Strongly agree

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
"There's been no one better than Martinez today"
"Dalot is giving a clinic today, unbelievable defending"

Anyway, I'm giving Rashford the MOTM award.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Shook luis sahas hand and blanked neville on sky sports
Ronaldo blanked him coming out for the warmup after embracing Saha and Jamie Redknapp
First post I laughed out loud, thinking it is a very good joke. Second post was :eek: "he did that?"
Is it because what Gary said last week? That will teach him...

stevoc

Speaking of rewriting history.

He got 30+ goals/assists the season before last. I wish all our wingers were that awful every year.

Chief123

legitimately. Any of Martinez, Dalot, DDG, and even Shaw we’re miles ahead of Rashford. Don’t think I’ve seen a weirder motm call
Although Rashford did ok, I honestly don’t remember much threat other than his goal and a mazy run with a blocked shot. I’m glad he’s finding form but how on Earth one of Dalot or Martinez didn’t get man of the match is just crazy.

Neville being a defender and even more so a RB was drooling all game about Dalot. Shocked he never gave it to him.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Jamie is loving it little bit more than a lot. And there is another angle, where you can see Gary movin the mic to his left hand ready for a handshake, but he is so uncomfortable..