Gary Neville

It's like he doesn't want to see us get good again, as though it's going to taint his own legacy as part of the last winning team. He speaks utter nonsense to put us down time and time again.

crossy1686

career ending
It's like he doesn't want to see us get good again, as though it's going to taint his own legacy as part of the last winning team. He speaks utter nonsense to put us down time and time again.
Neville just likes to worry and talk down United even though they won because arsenal did play well. It’s part of being a perfectionist, you never truly appreciate winning ugly or getting lucky because you’re too busy focusing on the things that didn’t go right.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He shouldn't commentate on our games. He doesn't know how to be objective when it comes to us.

If he was commentating when Fergie was still in charge, he'd be on the blacklist.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Yeah needs to stop being so unbiased that he’s actually biased against United.
Say what you see Gary
Yep, that's exactly what it is with him. He tries so hard not to be biased towards us that his commentary work becomes biased against us. Which is ridiculous as I don't remember any other commentators doing that when their team plays. It's to be expected - if you can't be perfectly unbiased then be slightly biased towards your old team. Just like all the ex Liverpool commentators are.

What's worse is that his word is then jumped on by all the media and opposition fans taking it as gospel, because 'obviously if even Neville is saying something against Utd then it's got to be true.' The Eriksen foul is such an obvious case. Blatant foul with both a shoulder barge and a knee to the side of the leg, but Neville created the narrative that it was very soft and so now that's all we're going to hear of.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
It’s obvious what his issue is. He’s a massive, completely biased United fan. Which means that he badly over-compensates when he’s covering our games in an effort to be impartial.

The Jesus love-in was excruciating though. I agree with that.
I agree, he tries to overcompensate too much that he speaks non-sense a lot of times to prove his point. but disagree with that people think he wants us to do bad to save his own legacy, which is BS. He's a massive United fan and wants us to do well for sure. Just has a really high standards for a top team and how it plays. Looks like a pattern for all ex-United player who do commenting like Keano, Scholes.

On the other hand you have someone like Rio who's as good fan but is over positive. I don't like the negativity but really hate low standards, because the way to top is very long for us and accepting mediocrity and not putting any pressure on the performances is really not the way to get there.

Erics_Collar

He was on the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast yesterday promoting his new book. Was asked plenty about FFP, Saudi/Qatar ownership, American owners etc.

Have to say, I did not like how he answered being asked about David Beckham's Qatar deal.

Worth a listen.

Red Star One

He was on the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast yesterday promoting his new book. Was asked plenty about FFP, Saudi/Qatar ownership, American owners etc.

Have to say, I did not like how he answered being asked about David Beckham's Qatar deal.

Worth a listen.
Again and again he's been defending his mates and clutching at straws in order to avoid difficult questions. I wouldn't even mind it as it's quite natural and humane to prioritise friendships and money over being objective, but then again if you're a hypocritical feck you probably shouldn't try to present yourself as the champion of the working class, defender of the high standards and pretend you're in a position to be asked about "fixing football".

Leethal

Literally cannot stand Neville commentating on United games.

I love his punditry, and love his interviews, Overlap etc. But get him off commentating United games. His attempts to hide his United bias by going far too far the other way, are just flat out annoying and ruin the game for me.

arnie_ni

What do you want him to say? There is two teams playing and one is out of this world today

ClassOf'99

Literally cannot stand Neville commentating on United games.

I love his punditry, and love his interviews, Overlap etc. But get him off commentating United games. His attempts to hide his United bias by going far too far the other way, are just flat out annoying and ruin the game for me.
Him and Scholes do it to the point of going completely anti-United, can't listen to either of them anymore.

They act like they weren't in the firing lines constantly breaking the best players of our rivals, now they just jack them off.

As big a disgrace as that team in United shirts today.

Acole9

Outstanding
Used to think he got some unnecessary flack on here but he's become a rather irritating cnut.

Got an opinion on everything, if two people were arguing over the last loaf of bread in the supermarket he'd get involved and would have his say on it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Used to think he got some unnecessary flack on here but he's become a rather irritating cnut.

Got an opinion on everything, if two people were arguing over the last loaf of bread in the supermarket he'd get involved and would have his say on it.
Become? He has been like this for years.

lsd

The Oracle
Soon as Varane went down injured Neville went yeah he does that.

OL29

So after years of laying into certain players, Neville and Carragher have found the ability to reflect on their criticism of players and the impact it has on the individuals and their families due to the recent criticism of Harry Maguire. It’s hard to take this seriously considering the way they’ve treated players in the past, particularly Neville.
You’d think Maguire was the first player to be scrutinised in this manner.

Tyrion

So after years of laying into certain players, Neville and Carragher have found the ability to reflect on their criticism of players and the impact it has on the individuals and their families due to the recent criticism of Harry Maguire. It’s hard to take this seriously considering the way they’ve treated players in the past, particularly Neville.
I wonder if Keane will ever think that. "Hmm, was I being over the top when I said I'd punch DDG for conceding a goal?"

It does show some self awareness. Social media is vicious for footballers and I get why some just pawn it off on agents and marketing guys.

BarryWinks

Took you this long to notice? He's a cnut of the highest order. Loves his own voice too so will put out any over the top comment to get people talking. I agree with that German poster who said he's one of the biggest source of toxicity within the fanbase.

lsd

The Oracle

Shows what a prick he is considering the abuse he gave of Pogba,Martial and Lukaku week in week out. Yet he only feels bad about Maguire

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Never been a fan of having pundits on commentary.

Mind you I do like Neville and he gets a lot of unfair criticism for voicing opinions.

I get where he’s coming from with the Qatar thing but I can’t wrap my head around him thinking football can force regimes to change.

croadyman

Never been a fan of having pundits on commentary.

Mind you I do like Neville and he gets a lot of unfair criticism for voicing opinions.

I get where he’s coming from with the Qatar thing but I can’t wrap my head around him thinking football can force regimes to change.
Yeah Neville is deluded if he thinks football can do that,whistleblowers are terrified of dragging out City or Newcastle because consequences would be dire to say the least.

Gazza

His quotes today about Alexander Arnold being potentially the best right back of all-time ... like, why does he do it? Loses credibility with each OTT statement he makes.

Someone

Something
His Overlap stuff on Qatar almost feels like he's helping him improve their image. Now in a pure coincidence he's going to get paid a shit load of money I'm sure to work for Bein during the WC.

We all have a price I suppose.

Dorris

I actually think he’s a lot like Piers Morgan. He’s always got to have a big opinion on something one way or the other and seems to make it up as he goes along. Then at some point in the future contradicts himself because he’s got such a massive view on everything without any sort of structure that it’d be impossible not to. I think he’s a thoroughly dislikable person.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Very much the Keir Starmer of football. Fake leftist, but actually just an opportunist.

Remember the geese

I actually think he’s a lot like Piers Morgan. He’s always got to have a big opinion on something one way or the other and seems to make it up as he goes along. Then at some point in the future contradicts himself because he’s got such a massive view on everything without any sort of structure that it’d be impossible not to. I think he’s a thoroughly dislikable person.
I agree with this. I find him interesting to listen to because he is very opinionated and passionate. Sometimes I agree with him, on other occasions he makes me cringe. Think he would be a jumped up intolerable little shit, away from the screen. Hell, he often comes across that way on screen!

binary bot
Piers is a cnut but his job kinda justifies what he does. We’ve always had opinionated people but social media has given us a platform when previously it was restricted to the media and government. Everyone had an aunty or uncle who was a covid expert, and now we’ve got celebrity versions like Musk, Neville and Ja Rule.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

What a Cnut. Watched Pogba get racially abused after criticising him personally for the crime of taking a penalty after years of character assassination and refused to say a word in response to the racial abuse Pogba received. To ignore it is tantermount to agreeing with it when you’ve played the part Neville played.

Maguire gets justified criticism of his poor performances over a prolonged period, people simply saying he’s not very good at football and Neville comes out with this.

pathetic.

Chairman Steve

Gary is definitely the mate when you go on a night out everyone else hopes doesn’t bring up politics as it results in bringing the mood down.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Again and again he's been defending his mates and clutching at straws in order to avoid difficult questions. I wouldn't even mind it as it's quite natural and humane to prioritise friendships and money over being objective, but then again if you're a hypocritical feck you probably shouldn't try to present yourself as the champion of the working class, defender of the high standards and pretend you're in a position to be asked about "fixing football".
Then again it's also kind of odd to expect people who did not much more than play football in their lives to be excellent political scientists or guides of nations.

Enjoyed HITC Sevens video on him today. What a prick.

I do hate whatever "how to talk" course it is that all these youtube presenters have followed though.