Gary Neville

Jesus Christ, he tweets like a 10 year old kid. Just let it go Gary, he's just digging himself further and further..

Also what's all this talk about United revoking his access?

Neville is also pushing that space bar! What the hell? :lol:

Jesus Christ, he tweets like a 10 year old kid. Just let it go Gary, he's just digging himself further and further..

Also what's all this talk about United revoking his access?
Someone upthread suggested United revoke his access to players and staff for interviews and such.

Coming up next : How my breakfast tasted like shit because of Pogba's penalty miss which ruined my mood.

"Coming up next on Monday Night Football..."

Dcw6WX7WkAATpjh.jpg

a past United legend that works for a huge network during a dark period of said team will never be able to properly convey their opinion.

Simply impossible.

In the words of Jaap Stam, Neville is a "busy cnut." He cant seem to stop having an opinion on something. Even if it contradicts his previous stance. To suggest he's fueling racism is a bit strong, though.

a past United legend that works for a huge network during a dark period of said team will never be able to properly convey their opinion.

Simply impossible.

Rio does it just fine. Even Scholes, who gets criticized, doesn't act like an idiot.

I don't want people like Neville defending our players. Just don't criticize them for stuff that makes no sense. Don't act all knowledgeable when you know shit.

Simply impossible.
Or maybe some aren't so opinionated like GNev is and can actually conduct themselves properly as respectable ex-players.

Last edited:
Gary clearly has an agenda against Pogba. Apart from like 1-2 posters it's incredibly obvious. None of the facts prior to and after the penalty support his stance.

It's not like anybody is telling him to give Pogba special treatment. Just don't have an agenda or at least a very obvious one.

He is a rat. Just turn your TV off when is on it. Your life will be much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as much of a situation as Neville was making it into but having two penalty takers discussing who will take the pen is definitely not the norm.
Yes, but if that's the system (it was), then Gary should have blamed Ole. He didn't focus as much on Ole, and instead on Pogba. Not saying he should make a big deal about Ole's system either, only that him opting to focus on Pogba shows his agenda.

Yes, but if that's the system (it was), then Gary should have blamed Ole. He didn't focus as much on Ole, and instead on Pogba. Not saying he should make a big deal about Ole's system either, only that him opting to focus on Pogba shows his agenda.
And when reminded of the context, he didn't even hint at saying "my mistake, I got it wrong, shouldn't have criticized Pogba for this"

And when reminded of the context, he didn't even hint at saying "my mistake, I got it wrong, shouldn't have criticized Pogba for this"

Exactly. He should have said he took it too far in the heat of the moment, shouldn't have said few of the things and move on. People saying "he is pundit, he can say whatever he can" I don't understand the logic. Just because he is a pundit doesn't mean he can.

Exactly. He should have said he took it too far in the heat of the moment, shouldn't have said few of the things and move on. People saying "he is pundit, he can say whatever he can" I don't understand the logic. Just because he is a pundit doesn't mean he can.
If he did that, the situation would have been much better for everyone. There's nothing wrong with being a bigger man

It’s astonishing how many people are completely misconstruing what he said and spinning it into a personal attack on Pogba. Have you all lost your fecking minds?!?

He opened his rant by saying that he went back to check footage from the previous match and had concluded that Rashford and Pogba were both taking the ball off each other. His issue was clearly with the way the lack of organisation and leadership on the pitch allowed this to happen. If anything the individual who should feel most attacked was the manager. His old pal, Solskjaer.

How the flying feck the great unwashed online have spun this into him leading a personal attack on Pogba, while bending over backwards to protect Rashford and Ole, is an absolute mystery to me. The world’s gone fecking mad.

He now fits in well with the rest of the dinosaurs at Sky

Shame really as I thought he would raise the standards of punditry at Sky, maybe Comcast need to replace him with Robbie Earle

It’s astonishing how many people are completely misconstruing what he said and spinning it into a personal attack on Pogba. Have you all lost your fecking minds?!?

He opened his rant by saying that he went back to check footage from the previous match and had concluded that Rashford and Pogba were both taking the ball off each other. His issue was clearly with the way the lack of organisation and leadership on the pitch allowed this to happen. If anything the individual who should feel most attacked was the manager. His old pal, Solskjaer.

How the flying feck the great unwashed online have spun this into him leading a personal attack on Pogba, while bending over backwards to protect Rashford and Ole, is an absolute mystery to me. The world’s gone fecking mad.

He does have something against Pogba, that's why.

Bingo.

If his criticism is aimed at OGS, then he should have named him just to clarify whose responsibility it mainly was. The way he did it was blaming the players for something the coach should have dealt with before games.

Thank Christ I’m not the only one who remembers what actually happened. The group hysteria about this is so fecking odd.

Absolutely. That said, Neville is an opinionated bastard so I think that makes people more susceptible to having a go at him.

If his criticism is aimed at OGS, then he should have named him just to clarify whose responsibility it mainly was. The way he did it was blaming the players for something the coach should have dealt with before games.

He definitely stopped short of calling out OGS by name. Obviously couldn’t do that to an old friend. The inference was clear though. And people are calling him a racist because of that?!? Well done people.

He definitely stopped short of calling out OGS by name. Obviously couldn’t do that to an old friend. The inference was clear though. And people are calling him a racist because of that?!? Well done people.

I think some called him that for another (yet ridiculous) reason. Regarding the first part, Neville is caught between being a credible, objective pundit and someone who doesn't wanna criticize his friends. It's not easy tbh to find the right balance, you cannot make everyone happy. That's my main criticism, more than that (the racist abuse that happened after the game) is giving him way too much power. Otherwise he would be akin to Trump which would be crazy to me.

He does have something against Pogba, that's why.

Pogba is the focus of a lot of his criticism for reasons that couldn’t be more fair and obvious.

Most expensive PL footballer ever, who rarely seems to put much effort in on the pitch, tends to play an overly self indulgent style of football, has occasionally seemed to deliberately stop trying and was actively trying to engineer a move away from the club all summer; for the second time in his career (not to mention his agent touting him to City, half way through the previous season)

It takes quite an effort of mental gymnastics to spin this into Neville being an unfair and racist pundit. Evidently hasn’t stopped complete idiots from trying, mind you.

I think some called him that for another (yet ridiculous) reason. Regarding the first part, Neville is caught between being a credible, objective pundit and someone who doesn't wanna criticize his friends. It's not easy tbh to find the right balance, you cannot make everyone happy. That's my main criticism, more than that (the racist abuse that happened after the game) is giving him way too much power. Otherwise he would be akin to Trump which would be crazy to me.

Ex United players as pundits are in a difficult situation tbf. They have to strike a balance between doing what’s best for the club they obviously care about vs fulfilling their duties as a pundit. Throw in personal friendships and it gets even messier.

Whatever happens, though, idiot fans on twitter will find a way to crucify them. Paul Scholes has been a figure of hate for ages because he’s been so negative throughout the recent shitty years at the club. Now Neville is being hung out to dry for not being critical enough about the manager. They can’t win!

Ex United players as pundits are in a difficult situation tbf. They have to strike a balance between doing what’s best for the club they obviously care about vs fulfilling their duties as a pundit. Throw in personal friendships and it gets even messier.

Whatever happens, though, idiot fans on twitter will find a way to crucify them. Paul Scholes has been a figure of hate for ages because he’s been so negative throughout the recent shitty years at the club. Now Neville is being hung out to dry for not being critical enough about the manager. They can’t win!
That's the life of a pundit, Carragher (when he doesn't spit on people) is more enjoyable to listen to for instance.
It's mainly about lashing out on players when the real cause isn't even mentioned that annoyed me. Nothing serious beyond that

In the words of Jaap Stam, Neville is a "busy cnut." He cant seem to stop having an opinion on something. Even if it contradicts his previous stance. To suggest he's fueling racism is a bit strong, though.
It's only strong if you think racism is something that is practiced overtly rather than systematically. Neville knew what he was doing and due to the fact he didn't use the n word, and that he's contrasting Pogba with another black player, surely he cant be racist.
Look at it systematically and you'll see that :
1. Racism is a spectrum
2. It is layered.
Rashford is black, but compared to Pogba, he's less of the "other". Pogba is black, foreign and a muslim. Look beyond the surface and understand how this works.