Gary Neville

Deery

Dreary
Who's Gary Neville referring to?

(Other than Avram Glazer who I spotted on TV at the F1)
Marcus Rashford was in Dubai with Brandon Williams watching boxing, Rangnick was in Barbados and assume someone was at the UFC

K stand Red

I think we all know what Gary is saying that when playing and performing like dog shite whilst being paid a fortune then flaunting where and what you are doing.

Additionally considering what’s going on in Ukraine and over here that many people will be facing fuel and food poverty and that some over paid stars flaunt their wealth posting images of jetting here there and everywhere with selfies from private jets dripping in expensive jewellery etc is where is sticks in my throat

I’m not saying don’t enjoy your wealth but have a bit of common sense

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Exactly this. It’s hard to imagine for most because these guys probably figure in the top 1 percentile of their profession and to achieve that and stay there takes the kind of mental self torture that would seem impossible standards by most everyday joes.
It’s hard for me to disagree with this, when I played football even semi regularly with mates, losing would bother me no end and it’d constantly be on my mind. I can only imagine how much worse that would be if I was a professional. I certainly don’t think I’d be able to switch off and go on holiday or anything.

Maybe when you’ve done it once it becomes easier to do? I think the issue is it’s not been shown to have been an effective reset or recharge for players in your squad.

I’m not sure, I know our players do it too but it’s far more palatable when they’re winning.

Interval

Level
It’s hard for me to disagree with this, when I played football even semi regularly with mates, losing would bother me no end and it’d constantly be on my mind. I can only imagine how much worse that would be if I was a professional. I certainly don’t think I’d be able to switch off and go on holiday or anything.

Maybe when you’ve done it once it becomes easier to do? I think the issue is it’s not been shown to have been an effective reset or recharge for players in your squad.

I’m not sure, I know our players do it too but it’s far more palatable when they’re winning.
Nope. I doubt it becomes easier. If you’re in a job that gives you regular, highly intense feedback and you become good at it, I don’t feel it’ll get easier. Even for other high performing jobs, folks who are used to having 5-6 bad outcomes a year stew a lot after those bad days rather than just get used to it. I know people who are like that. Even if it’s circumstances out of their control they’re angry. Even if you take them out to take minds “off” of things, they’re sulks

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Marcus Rashford was in Dubai with Brandon Williams watching boxing, Rangnick was in Barbados and assume someone was at the UFC
Probably that tough guy Maguire.

In all seriousness, I'm not really that bothered what they get up to.

Gary seems to be judging everyone by his own standards, and I respect his passion and love for the club, but I think at this point it's a bit naiive to think this group of players are obsessed with winning and can never switch themselves off from it.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
In all seriousness, I'm not really that bothered what they get up to.

Gary seems to be judging everyone by his own standards, and I respect his passion and love for the club, but I think at this point it's a bit naiive to think this group of players are obsessed with winning and can never switch themselves off from it.
Those are the standards that are required to be maintained if one wants to win silverware regularly.

AFC NimbleThumb

In my opinion, they are a massive problem in that they have successfully poisoned the fans' relationship towards their team.
They have shaped and are constantly driving home the narrative that this United team is morally failing rather than just not performing quite well enough. I think it's on the whole a wrong, bitter, and fateful narrative and looking at a lot of the posts in this place too many fans have taken to it.

The club needs spokespeople pushing back, problem is the only person who ever speaks is the manager.
THIS./

The vitriol in peoples contempt has crossed a line & this narrative worsens the issue. Where was this energy when Chelsea downed tools for Lampard & previous managers before him? The problem was s the inconsistency, he’s too close to the club, in the fact he loves it, to show any measure in his points.

Take any one player from this squad & put them into the Top 3 squads & they’d assimilate, the problem is we’ve put a bunch of no marks together & called it a team. If we take this back a few steps when once has Neville called out OgS [who he along with others helped keep in his job far longer than he deserved] for putting together this rabble.

ShinjiNinja26

Youre making it sound like he doesn't believe what he's saying and he's defending neville just because they're friends.
I’m not making it sound like anything. I literally just posted a tweet to an article which states Carragher responded to Lineker essentially backing up what Gary Neville was saying. :lol:

youmeletsfly

He keeps talking..

So if I get a week off from the club I can't go to wherever the feck I want because it angers some weird fans and Gary Neville?
All this guy does is complain like a 16 old hater with no friends.

These guys have turned football into a fecking soap opera, like football is the most important thing on the planet. There are more important things in life than a job, like relaxing, seeing new things, spending time with family, etc. Any player has the right to do that no matter he won 10-0 or lost 10-0. I'm not one to bash other people's opinions but if anyone thinks differently about this situation, please get out of the house more.

Everything about this club is a soap opera, "the manager is shit", "glazers are shit", "the players are not arsed", etc. What happened to supporting your club in good times and also in bad times?

Devil’s Trident

So if I get a week off from the club I can't go to wherever the feck I want because it angers some weird fans and Gary Neville?

These guys have turned football into a fecking soap opera, like football is the most important thing on the planet. There are more important things in life than a job, like relaxing, seeing new things, spending time with family, etc. Any player has the right to do that no matter he won 10-0 or lost 10-0. I'm not one to bash other people's opinions but if anyone thinks differently about this situation, please get out of the house more.

Everything about this club is a soap opera, "the manager is shit", "glazers are shit", "the players are not arsed", etc. What happened to supporting your club in good times and also in bad times?
Bravo. I don’t know why the fans or players take football so seriously. It’s just a job after all. Why should it even matter that much ? Just watch a game, relax and enjoy whether it’s 10-0 win or 10-0 loss. It’s just a game. I was so perplexed at the toxicity of the fans and the venom towards the players when Liverpool beat us 5-0 at old Trafford. Football is entertainment and we got entertained whether it’s Liverpool or united who entertain us, why should it matter ? Players should Relax , enjoy and see new things. I’m also amazed that there is a forum called Redcafe where they discuss things from player performances to transfers and what not so seriously, it’s like investing in their miseries so deeply in such a trivial thing on the planet. They talk about someone’s job there 24/7. Hilarious. Why so serious like football is so important ? Just relax , enjoy and see new things.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I for one completely agree with Nev here, this is just another sign of how it’s just a job for most of these players which shouldn’t actually be the case. I understand that some of them might be sad anyway but nothing that they do on or off the pitch seems to suggest that losing affects them in anyway which is kind of gut wrenching as a fan

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Do the players seem as bothered as we (fans) would want them to be? no.… several of them need selling and almost all of them need a good rollicking. Pampered babies.

Would I be bothered if they were getting ratted every night? Yes.

Am I bothered THIS time specifically? no… it’s a long break and I don’t expect them to be doing non-stop beep tests for a couple of weeks.

Neville loves the club but he’s angry man shouts at clouds too much. I’d rather he had a right go at Rashford for not running when he came on as sub v City (live on SKY… impact) than yet another tweet. At least it’s football I guess, not politics.

Hurry up and end season!!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bravo. I don’t know why the fans or players take football so seriously. It’s just a job after all. Why should it even matter that much ? Just watch a game, relax and enjoy whether it’s 10-0 win or 10-0 loss. It’s just a game. I was so perplexed at the toxicity of the fans and the venom towards the players when Liverpool beat us 5-0 at old Trafford. Football is entertainment and we got entertained whether it’s Liverpool or united who entertain us, why should it matter ? Players should Relax , enjoy and see new things. I’m also amazed that there is a forum called Redcafe where they discuss things from player performances to transfers and what not so seriously, it’s like investing in their miseries so deeply in such a trivial thing on the planet. They talk about someone’s job there 24/7. Hilarious. Why so serious like football is so important ? Just relax , enjoy and see new things.
This is a silly comment.
Football is more than a timepass interest for millions of fans.

youmeletsfly

You're grown men criticizing people because they went on vacation. I can't say more than that without being an arse about it.

Swedish_Plumber

Didn't know Ralf liked cricket, he's gone up in my estimation. Give him the job!
Think he loves English culture from what I’ve read.

As for Gary, Linekar tweeted him a good one about what half of the 90s United squad were doing on their days off.

Least they were winning I suppose. But I’ll never understand peoples inability to separate the sport these guys play and their personal lives.

Gary is a bit of a twat here, and likely won’t back down on his views as per the usual social media etiquette.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ordinarily I would agree with Neville. However, I have seen City players go out right after suffering bad defeats or being knocked out of Europe. You can't say City players have a poor mentality.
Even though oir players give off a soft vibe, their lack of talent is a bigger concern.

clarkydaz

i dont need Gary Neville to tell me a lot of these players are self centred, arrogant, mollycoddled thin skinned tossers

90 + 5min

This is why we are in the position we are. If we assume players think like you do then there is no point keeping them or playing at all because it doesn't seem to be any difference between winning and losing, according to you. They don't need to care and we don't need to care. We are talking about billion dollar industry and not some sunday league even if some players performed this year just like that.

People got to have some values, honour and moral and maybe just for a while, think of people around them. It doesn't sit well playing like sunday league team on those wages and instead of training hard to correct all those issues you see players fly away to relax and chill. Sometimes I miss good old times where you knew a lost game would result in hard and though training week or weeks. Without ball.

I think you should take it easy what is important or not. For some people football is all. For some it is just a hobby. And some just watch it from time to time. You can have lots of important things at the same time.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Those are the standards that are required to be maintained if one wants to win silverware regularly.
I totally agree. These guys ain't no Class of 92.

If they stayed in every time they didn't win, they'd never leave the house!

youmeletsfly

This is why we are in the position we are. If we assume players think like you do then there is no point keeping them or playing at all because it doesn't seem to be any difference between winning and losing, according to you. They don't need to care and we don't need to care. We are talking about billion dollar industry and not some sunday league even if some players performed this year just like that.

People got to have some values, honour and moral and maybe just for a while, think of people around them. It doesn't sit well playing like sunday league team on those wages and instead of training hard to correct all those issues you see players fly away to relax and chill. Sometimes I miss good old times where you knew a lost game would result in hard and though training week or weeks. Without ball.

I think you should take it easy what is important or not. For some people football is all. For some it is just a hobby. And some just watch it from time to time. You can have lots of important things at the same time.
Sorry mate, you're just weird. Do you think the class of 92 weren't going out after losses? There was no social media back then, that's why it was not known to the public.

"If we assume players think like you do then there is no point keeping them or playing at all because it doesn't seem to be any difference between winning and losing, according to you."

I didn't say that, read my post again. If you ain't mature enough to see what I said, I guess that's just unlucky. But to think that going out after a result, be it positive or negative means the players don't care about it, is just plain wrong. First of all, you don't know the players, neither do I. You just react to a Gary Neville rant and you go with his flow about a football player you have never met.

The second paragraph is one of the most stupid things I've read on this forum. Why going out is a lack of honor and morals? Again, you're talking out of your ass about people you have never met personally. What you miss about the old game was never real, relax.

If, for some people football is all, they're missing a lot of things from the daily life. I've played professionally at a decent level considering the football is shit where I live. I also know how an injury can feck up your career and, at 24, you need to leave the sport aside, go to school and try to fork out a career and, I can definitely tell you, football ain't the most important thing and it mustn't be for any normal dude out there, especially for a fan.

If football is all to you and you're severely upset by people you don't know and you will never now not playing/acting to your standards, I'm sorry, you have some issues. You're literally upset at something you can not control or you have no relevant/accurate information about, what the feck.

AFC NimbleThumb

If football is all to you and you're severely upset by people you don't know and you will never now not playing/acting to your standards, I'm sorry, you have some issues. You're literally upset at something you can not control or you have no relevant/accurate information about, what the feck.
Reposting for prosperity.

Devil’s Trident

Sorry mate, you're just weird. Do you think the class of 92 weren't going out after losses? There was no social media back then, that's why it was not known to the public.

I didn't say that, read my post again. If you ain't mature enough to see what I said, I guess that's just unlucky. But to think that going out after a result, be it positive or negative means the players don't care about it, is just plain wrong. First of all, you don't know the players, neither do I. You just react to a Gary Neville rant and you go with his flow about a football player you have never met.

The second paragraph is one of the most stupid things I've read on this forum. Why going out is a lack of honor and morals? Again, you're talking out of your ass about people you have never met personally. What you miss about the old game was never real, relax.

If, for some people football is all, they're missing a lot of things from the daily life. I've played professionally at a decent level considering the football is shit where I live. I also know how an injury can feck up your career and, at 24, you need to leave the sport aside, go to school and try to fork out a career and, I can definitely tell you, football ain't the most important thing and it mustn't be for any normal dude out there, especially for a fan.

If someone doesn’t agree with you then that person is weird, talking out of his ass, ain’t mature enough, have some issues. The way you resort to insults multiple times in one post shows to everyone who has issues. You can’t even talk to people with respect and you are telling what’s wrong with them. Bloody hell, look at the way you post. If someone takes football seriously and take their club seriously which most of the caf does then there is something wrong with them according to you. Tell that to the fans who travel the length and the breadth of the world to follow their football team and it hurts badly when their team lose. Tell them they are stupid because that’s what they are according to you.

Last edited:

youmeletsfly

If someone doesn’t agree with you then that person is weird, talking out of his ass, ain’t mature enough, have some issues. The way you resort to insults multiple times in one post shows to everyone who has issues. You can’t even talk to people with respect and you are telling what’s wrong with them. Bloody hell, look at the way you post. If someone takes football seriously and take their club seriously which most of the caf does then there is something wrong with them.
I've said what I had to say in my post, I'm not going to start a sentimental conversation now.

I hope you understand the irony in me saying you're weird and you saying players should act the way you like it. Now you're hurting that people don't "respect" you on the internet, especially after you spout the nonsense you did above.

In conclusion, I can't say what I think about you after reading the total nonsense you're writing on a football forum but you can say what you think about our players going on vacation without even ever exchanging two words with them?

Taking football seriously and being upset about how completely unknown human beings act are two different things. If you take this sport seriously, players leaving on vacation is exactly the type of shit you don't react to. Taking a sport seriously means seeing what the feck it's about and see it as profession, rather than seeing it as blind fan.

Let's end this here. I'm not interested in having a conversation with someone that places his argument on top of common social principles and basic common sense just because he loves his club and "takes it seriously".

90 + 5min

"If we assume players think like you do then there is no point keeping them or playing at all because it doesn't seem to be any difference between winning and losing, according to you."

Of course they went. But if you were performing like we do I highly doubt you would see our players having their time of the life in the middle of the season. I don't mind players having fun. Going out. Normal thing to do. But there is time and place for everything. If you as a player don't perform at all it doesn't look good when you see them flying around like they do. You want to see them training hard to correct every issue there is to correct. I remember before class 92 we had issue about culture in the club and Fergie dealt with it.

Here comes honor and morals in. I don't know any players personally. They could be amazing people and looking at some things they do outside football, they are. But that has nothing to do with football. Their job is football. If you are football player. Priorities. They will have lot of time to travel when season ends.

Football doesn't upset me. It is not my whole world. I'm old enough to understand it is a sport. When I was young kid I was more emotional. When you are older you learn how things in life work. What you can't say is what it is important or not. Everybody have their own things they think are important.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I usually agree with Gary on a lot of things, except when he's in the commentary box, he's a bit erratic when reacting in real time.

That said, I don't really know what his point is here. He's said he doesn't expect players to just sit at home and live like a hermit, but what is he expecting? He used the word 'quietly' but nothing that has been circulated suggests that some of the players have gone out and made a tit of themselves in public. The boss has gone to watch a game of cricket, it doesn't really get any quieter than that.

Is he expecting players to refuse requests for photos and the like? Wouldn't that spin a whole load of negative PR if they did, and thus go against his expectation of relaxing 'quietly'? They're going to get recognised wherever they go, there's no way around that. It sounds easier for all involved to just roll with the attention that will come from them being in public than actively swatting it away.

In an age where we are talking about mental health more than ever, it sounds counterproductive for players to not be able to have a life outside of football, particularly as a release for when they've suffered a bad result. I know it's pointless to compare the job of a footballer to an ordinary person, but I know that if I've had a shit day at work, the last thing I want to do is just sit at home and stew over it. I need to focus on something else, and we should be expecting footballers to do the same. Living and dying by the job will send you around the bend.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Anyone know what the poll says ? Im not registered on twitter so I cant see.

OmarUnited4ever

Even though oir players give off a soft vibe, their lack of talent is a bigger concern.
This what really the only thing I care about, there is a serious lack of talent within the team.

between 2007 and 2013, would anyone care if Carrick & Scholes vacationed in Vegas during international break, got wasted and gambled and all that? I bet no one would because that team delivered on the pitch

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
You're grown men criticizing people because they went on vacation. I can't say more than that without being an arse about it.

Exactly , get your pitchforks out lads :lol:

There was no social media back then, that's why it was not known to the public.
Also Gary Neville is utilizing the same social media to attack the players and sour public opinion against them.

Half the posters here didnt even know who was where until he broadcasted it.

SeanyC

Gary now come out to say he personally would want Poch, seriously man! Something new and fresh in ETH is needed and Garry needs to get onboard

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Unless you can demonstrate very clearly that our players are doing something well outside the norm, I'd say this is more about their generation and less about being tone deaf.

I suspect that players with the exact same habit of not hiding out in their basement, punching walls in anger, after a defeat - feature in the line-ups of more successful clubs than United.

Neville probably is old school in many ways, but he also plays up that angle purposely - because he knows very well that it appeals to a considerable number of United fans.

Also - he prefers Poch now? Interesting.

Jericho

It was the series that follows Salford that's put me off him. He's a bit of a ruthless cunt over there.

Tbh the whole class of 92 can fuck off. Bar Nicky Butt. He's the only who doesn't seem to be full of himself.