General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thought this will need its own thread.

That's the end of Labour.

Maybe she felt it was needed to give her the people's backing in the Brexit negotiations. Hopefully she runs on staying in.

Will the next election after this be 2020 or 2022?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surely an indication the Brexit negotiations are going poorly, therefore solidifying the position of the Conservatives right now while the Labour party are a complete shambles. End of the Labour party potentially.

Will the next election after this be 2020 or 2022?
Think it will be any point in the 5 years up to 2022 after 2017.

@senorgregster beat me to it

Adisa

I really don't think this is about Labour.
Her negotiating position with the EU is extremely weak. So she needs every trick she can use.
Clear indication that negotiations aren't and won't go well. The EU don't give a feck if she wins every seat.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Tories the epitome of stable government

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Labours have only one play: That they will REMAIN in EU by somehow retracting article 50 (2).

Even that becomes difficult as its voting for Corbyn, which I'm very reluctant to do, despite having voted Labour all my life.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I guess that massive lead in the polls over the weekend has finally pushed the Tories to strike. Mental that they have the biggest lead since 1983- we really need a functioning opposition.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Labour should campaign on a Remain platform, promising to reverse article 50 (2).

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Her negotiating position with the EU is extremely weak. So she needs every trick she can use.
Clear indication that negotiations aren't and won't go well. The EU don't give a feck if she wins every seat.
Kate McCann, as in Maddie's mum?

I believe what she said publically. A little to do with her standing with Europe and everything to do with our politicians being more concerned with their own agendas than the good of the nation. Potentially her Thatcher moment.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Suggests Brexit is not going to plan & she needs another mandate for it. Will be interesting how the parties campaign, clearly Brexit will be at the forefront of everything but will any of them campaign as purely remain/leave.

Labour is going to get fecked

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Miliband losing that last GE has turned into a total clusterfeck.
English papers fear-mongering over an SNP/Labour coalition killed it. I liked Ed a lot actually.

Adisa

Labours have only one play: That they will REMAIN in EU by somehow retracting article 50 (2).

Eventhat becomes difficult as its voting for Corbyn, which I'm very reluctant to do, despite having voted Labour all my life.
Not going to happen. There's no way for labour play this, that they come out of it well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not going to happen. There's no way for labour play this, that they come out of it well.
they have to do something very bold. they are going to get smashed anyway, so may as well just go for it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I guess that massive lead in the polls over the weekend has finally pushed the Tories to strike. Mental that they have the biggest lead since 1983- we really need a functioning opposition.
I'll be voting conservatives. We need solidarity now more than anything. There will be 5 years for a genuine opposition to form, one without Corbyn preferably.

JosDeVos

Supports
Neutral.
Don't they have anything better to do than this election crap all the time?

Soon enough we'll be voting for whether they'll wipe their arse standing up or sitting down.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM

Eventhat becomes difficult as its voting for Corbyn, which I'm very reluctant to do, despite having voted Labour all my life.
How could they do this? Corbyn's already pledged to support Brexit.

The Lib Dems and the SNP are the only anti-Brexit parties/ options.

NinjaFletch

The best thing that could happen is that they run on a pro-Brexit platform I think. They're not going to win the hardcore pro-EU vote anyway so it would be good for them to split the Brexit vote and let the Lib Dems hoover up the EU vote. Still won't be enough for the Lib Dems to win, but its better than the alternative.

muller

I vote remain.

I get that it's not that vote anymore but it's worth a try.

Ady87

My Mum chair's a local Momentum group and they are getting some big numbers in support of Corbyn at everything they do. They are highly energised campaigners, leaflet dropping, guest speakers and all that lovely stuff. You should see the hype in their private members only group now, they are really going to go all out for Labour.

Whilst it might not be the same all over the country and they may very well get smashed at national level, this is an opportunity for Labour supporters.

Smores

Can we not have a revolution? Feck her patriotic call to arms. Spookily similar to Erdogan's recent speeches.

It doesn't matter if people vote Lab/Lib/SNP down with the Tories!!